Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

hello

5 years ago

I've been on this site for about a month (haven't really interacted with anyone) and I finally saw the recommendation to post here if you're new. So hello, I suppose. I feel like everything I write is shit, as such I've just been reading what other's have posted and ignoring my growing anxiety about the story I'm trying to make. :)

hello

5 years ago

Hello!

hello

5 years ago

No need to be anxious. Take your time, read the articles in the Help & Info section, and feel free to ask for help if you need it. There are plenty of writers here to give advice and critique, if that's what you need.  Write the best that you can, proofread your work (ask someone if you don't feel confident doing so yourself), and have fun with it. Glory or bust, it won't matter if you take it as an opportunity to grow. 

As long as it's not a half-assed story, most of the people are more than willing to help.  So write what you want to write and enjoy! 

hello

5 years ago

thanks! this actually made me feel better about my shit writing skills! I'm not very good at proofreading so I'll probably ask someone for help with that eventually.

hello

5 years ago

Welcome. You can read for as long as you like, no need to publish something immediately. Being anxious about your work is normal enough, but I'm sure you've noticed that perfect, widely loved storygames are very rare. So don't despair if you receive some criticism but take it as a normal step in your development as a writer. There's always the Writing Workshop if you want opinions on specific parts of your story before publishing.

hello

5 years ago
Wekcoman!