Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Youtube Rewind 2018

5 years ago

How do you guys feel about this year's Youtube Rewind? 

Youtube Rewind 2018

5 years ago

Whatever the opposite of supercalifragilisticexpialidocious is excactly how I feel about rewind

Youtube Rewind 2018

5 years ago

It was awesome! Will Smith is my favourite Youtuber. ^_^

Youtube Rewind 2018

5 years ago
Make sure this is your last account. I've already given you more chances than anyone else would despite you contributing absolutely nothing to the site to warrant them.

Youtube Rewind 2018

5 years ago

Meh. Could’ve been way worse. I just kinda feel bad for this youtuber called Lachlan who had to fly out all the way across the world, only to appear in a blurry shot. 

Youtube Rewind 2018

5 years ago

I think its more of a marketing tool more than its a thank you to YouTube creators like it use to be. I also think it wasn't as much as a look back on 2018 as much as it was a propaganda tool to spread a distinct message which I didn't particularly like. Its fine if you believe a specific thing but I was never crazy about hearing the opinions of corporations.

Youtube Rewind 2018

5 years ago
Everything is a propaganda tool now.

Youtube Rewind 2018

5 years ago

Personally, I think that what made this Youtube Rewind particularly shit (which is pretty impressive, considering how shit the others are) is the fact that... I honestly didn't recognize anything in it. I had no idea who any of the youtubers were. I don't play Fortnite, so I didn't really get any of those references, I've never heard of Bongo Cat, and then there was this whole part just dedicated to... Eating Korean food? Is that a thing? Why is that a thing?

I think the only thing I actually recognized in Youtube Rewind was Lucas the Spider. cheeky