Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

New to the Forums

5 years ago

Hello people of CYS. I've lurked around and read many of the stories on here, but I thought it was time to say hi to the forums. I would love any game recommendations for some of the more obscure games (I've played most of the featured ones). Anyway salutations!

New to the Forums

5 years ago

Is self promotion bad? I mean, you could always rate my storygame rather low, if you believe it deserves it. But I'm pretty sure you haven't read it since it's fairly new. I did get some good feedback, but the view from one person is always different from another, and I'd like to know all the possible ways I could improve. 

Granted, the humor in this is rather odd and it depends on the person as to rather or not you'd actually laugh at it. It's also rather short, so people who prefer longer stories will look at it and immediately turn away.

It's called "A Story About a Zombie Happening" and it's meant to be rather lighthearted and odd.

Sorry if this reply is rather long. I'm a bit new here, as well, and I'm not sure if this kind of thing is annoying or not.

New to the Forums

5 years ago

Apologies. "Some Sort of Weird Story About a Zombie Happening". My bad.

New to the Forums

5 years ago

That's a strange way of promoting your story. I'll give it a read.

New to the Forums

5 years ago

While it certainly is interesting it isn't really what I'm looking for.

New to the Forums

5 years ago

First, welcome to the site. Hmm if you read all of the featured ones, you probably have read most of the ones we were going to recommend. I also have a shit memory, so I won't be able to provide a title off the top of my head. What are you looking for? You could skim through the 'New Storygames' category to find relatively obscure CYOAS with few reviews. There have recently been two contests (one has just ended and the other was not too long ago) so you should be able to find some good ones. Alternatively, you can take a look at the 'Storygames in Need' on the Home page and help some poor souls.

New to the Forums

5 years ago

That's fair. Thanks, anyway.

New to the Forums

5 years ago
Welcome to the site! I totally skimmed past you saying you'd read all the required featured games so never mind the rest.

Have you tried reading the other, non-featured stories of featured authors? They're usually just as solid.

New to the Forums

5 years ago
Welcome to the forums on the site. I hope you continue to enjoy your time here.

New to the Forums

5 years ago
Tadss~

New to the Forums

5 years ago

Welcome! I'm new as well and looking for ways to jump-start my writing again, either through a writing buddy or something similar. I've got an RPG that I'm itching to DM for some people through Skype or some other voice chat (since I highly doubt anyone here lives anywhere remotely close to me) and I'm working on expanding it's story modules. 

New to the Forums

5 years ago
Shameless self-plug:

The Ghost People