Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Important CYS Outpost Assignment

5 years ago

Going to need to updates/clean up on our TWO glorious outposts. Namely our TVTropes page AND now our IFDB page(s).

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Website/ChooseYourStory

https://ifdb.tads.org/search?searchbar=chooseyourstory&searchGo.x=0&searchGo.y=0

So far here’s what needs to be done (And yes, you’ll get points for these simple tasks since I know CYStia pride isn’t enough for you lot)

Grifter Mod Seth recently took all of his stories down. Snow, Haunted, all of them. No point in having outdated stories on our Outpost lists, so go in and delete references to them. Probably easier to do with the TVTropes page.

EDIT: And it looks like Wibbons already gleefully did that. He also went ahead and updated Briar’s story with the CoG reference and took that bit out as well. Obviously such duty driven actions will be rewarded.

Anyway, the rest of you lot can still gain points by adding more stuff to our TVTropes page given that we’ve got more room now.

With the IFDB you’ll have to go in and look up the story. (Should be easy to find with the provided link above) Mizal was messing about with that outpost a lot more since she started by altering the entry of Pedo Mod Kiel’s story. You should do likewise to Snow. Also the publishing date for Necromancer is 2007, so if anyone wants to go add that, that’s more points.

In any case, you can add other CYS stories on there and reviews, in fact feel free to provide even more 5 star reviews for all of my stories on there.

Alright those are your orders, just let us know what you did so you can get some points for the glory of CYStia.

5 years ago
I added Bestest Frend Jane to the CYS page of TV Tropes. Hurray for publicity!

5 years ago
Right I totally forgot about the IFDB thing. That indeed was a thing I started to do. (And then immediately got distracted by a shiny tinfoil ball).

5 years ago

I started a Rogues folder on the website page.  

5 years ago
Great! Be sure to finish it though. EM deserves no less.

5 years ago

I have added some tropes, but I shall add more whenever I have the chance.

5 years ago

Well I already approve of Wife Husbandry and Twincest listed as important enough to post immediately.

5 years ago

I figured I should cover the main themes first.

5 years ago

Oh hey I was doing janitor work at the TV Tropes outpost a while ago. Got bored.

You guys have fun fixing it up.

5 years ago

Delayed response, but... Thanks, Wibbons! heart

5 years ago

I see Briar's new version of her story was posted on the IFDB, I was about to ask who did it so I could give them some pointless points, but seeing as it was Mizal, there's no need to now.

Remember though, this is an ongoing project. Adding to either of our outposts will result in pointless points!

5 years ago
We'd give out pointed points, but the last time we did that Maya managed to stab her damn eyes out. Still can't figure out how.

(Careful though, she still has the dangerously pointed points and could be standing right behind you...)

4 years ago

So I noticed that someone added The Secret of Daphne and Achilles to the IFDB.

Don't know who it was so no pointless points can be given out, but CYStia thanks the unknown soldier for your service.

4 years ago
I think it may have been Tri. He was asking how to do it earlier.

4 years ago
Started a folder for Geek on the TV-Tropes page

4 years ago

Your dedicated service has been noted.

4 years ago
Thank you, sir

4 years ago

4 years ago

This is an edited post to give two apples (green and red respectively) of praise to Cricket. 

4 years ago

Your additional story page from Ground Zero has been noted.

Also glad to see my girls working together on such a worthy task.

4 years ago
Apples appreciated.

4 years ago

Just looked over the work Thara and Cricket have been putting on the CYS TVTropes page.

So proud!

4 years ago

On this page:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InteractiveFiction

There is a link to "A Game of Life and Death" under the Choose Your Story bit towards the bottom.

Purge the abomination.

4 years ago

It has been catapulted to the sun.

4 years ago
Price of Freedom's link description hadn't been changed since the old version was up. I thought the page had been updated specifically for that at one point, but I guess not.
@ninjapitka I see Price of Freedom is among your favorite stories. If you have the time, could you maybe add some tropes to its folder or maybe make a page for it please?

4 years ago

Bumped since someone in the Discord brought it up. I'll be surprised if anyone actually does anything though.

4 years ago

Added both Marooned on Giri Minor and its sequel to the IFDB

4 years ago
Cool, thanks.

Remind me to give you points later because I'll probably forget. Maz needs some too for adding Steve's stories come to think of it.

4 years ago

I already gave her points because I always liked Ghost from the time she joined here.

4 years ago

I thanked her privately, but I'll do it again here:

Thanks for the great review, and for adding both stories to IFDB!

3 years ago

New mission for you lazy bastards.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Gamebooks

On this page, under Web Originals and way down where the ChooseYourStory entry is located: Delete "A Game of Death" link from the list as it no longer exists on the site.

100 points for whoever completes this task in purging the abomination. More points as usual if you do more stuff for our outposts.

EDIT: The task has already been swiftly completed. Glory to CYStia.

3 years ago
And for anyone looking for other points opportunities off-site, Mara needs a slave to help her read over a ChoiceScript thing she's doing and help correct her silly foreign Engrish.

Just don't do that thing where you volunteer for proofreading and then never freaking do it. I know you guys just love that.

You can PM @poison_mara for a sample page before you commit though.

e: oh and volunteers can't be AestheticLlama. You must be someone at least moderately tainted by the internet to qualify, given the subject matter.