Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hi.

5 years ago

So I see that every new member does their introductions here, and to be honest with you I'm not exactly sure what to say. I've been looking for a website where I can do interactive writing and stuff, and it looks like I've found it. I intend on writing some story-games before too long, I also have spent a little while checking out the site itself, reading the different stories. So yeah, Nice to meet you all, Message me or just pop by here if you have anything to say.

Hi.

5 years ago

Welcome to the site! If you need help, read the articles in the 'Help & Info' section and ask here on the forums. You can also ask for writing feedback in the Writing Corner.

Hi.

5 years ago
Welcome to the site! Play as many games as you like before working on your own, that will give you a good idea of the expectations for a story game. The admins do a great job of cutting out the riff raff, so if it's still around, it probably meets the minimum standards.

When you are ready to write a story, be sure to read the articles in the Help & Info section, link on the left. If the answers aren't there, feel free to ask in the forums.

Good luck and have fun!

Hi.

5 years ago
Hiya. Welcome to the site. I hope you enjoy your time here!

Hi.

5 years ago
Welcome, good luck with your writing and let us know if you have any questions. (There's the Writing Workshop for feedback and advice on actual story excerpts or plot ideas, and then the Advanced Editor board for more technical stuff.

As others have said it's worth giving the articles a browse, and reviewing other stories is probably the quickest way to make authors love you as well as giving you an idea of the quality standards people look for here.

Hi.

5 years ago
Welcome to the site!

Definitely check out the Help and Info section for articles on how the editor works. I also suggest starting off with a smaller project for your first CYOA just to get the hang of the editor. Best of luck!

Hype

5 years ago
Welco

Hype

5 years ago

...me

Hype

5 years ago
No thanks, I don't smoke. ;)

Hi.

5 years ago

Welcome and good luck. If you write a storygame, be sure to take your time.