Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

The Day of Love....and Sometimes Condoms

5 years ago

Valentine's Day is a.....day of love, affection, and chocolate. A day to tell your partner how much you appreciate them, and for some of us, the only day of the year we bother to buy roses!

Just kidding about that last part. But some if not all of us spend some of these holidays alone, in solitude, and in crippling despair.  

But tell me, what did you do on this holiday? Personally I just bought myself a kit kat, watched a movie, and ignored all my homework. 

5 years ago

I broke a few hearts, took some candy from some sorority chicks, told someone I didn't want to go to their drag show because drag queens scare me, shared some retardry wise words, and did homework.  

5 years ago

The best way to spend a holiday.

5 years ago

I spent most of it in the hospital. I got to watch some Valentine's Day themed cooking shows and a nurse gave me some candy which was nice. I'm allergic to the chocolate but the rest of the candy was good. So I'd say it was a pretty good Valentine's Day.

5 years ago
I feel like there's a story behind this and one that hopefully is more interesting than another Valentine's thread.

5 years ago

Sorry for the delayed reply. I was at the hospital for a check up/physical therapy visit. I work as a firefighter and I suffered some bad burns on my arm at work during one of our calls about a week or so ago. So my hand and lower arm is all wrapped up and I can't do all that much. Luckily I am ambidextrous so I can use my left hand to do things. I should be pretty much back to normal in another two weeks or so. 

5 years ago

I got sick and started watching Ceeday videos cause I had nothing else to watch.

5 years ago
This thread is ridiculous from the beginning because it implies 'being alone' is a bad thing rather than the ideal state for writers.

Anyway I had yesterday off so I did some housecleaning, a bunch of cooking (experimenting with fennel and other new ingredients as documented in the Discord cooking channel), watched a couple old Iron Chef videos on YouTube and played a little interactive fiction. So about the same as every day, especially the part where I never actually got around to writing.

5 years ago

I've said I dont think being alone is a bad thing, specifically in the other thread. You're the one being ridiculous here (sticks out tongue)

But any way, if it makes you feel better my last three or so weeks haven't really amounted to writing, because lazy.

Sounds like a swell day in general though.

5 years ago

You're in school? For some reason I imagined you being a mid thirties family man lol. 

I worked all day, played basketball during my lunch break, attended a hot yoga class, made a Costco trip, then opened a bottle of high quality ten dollar red wine and rolled a new Pillars of Eternity II character. 

5 years ago

Well, I'm in college and going to finish soon. Give me ten years then I'll be a mid thirties family man, or I'll be necroing this thread to show how nothing has changed.

Is Pillars of Eternity any good?

5 years ago

If you end up necroing, be sure to do it on Valentine's Day for the full effect. It's super good! Only a few hours deep so far. I'm too young to have lived through the Baldur's Gate era, but I'm loving the story development, characters, and gameplay that an old school CRPG format brings (I recently played through Pillars 1 and Tyranny). Pillars 2 is cool because it combines classic fantasy with the golden age of piracy. 

5 years ago
Hm... I observed in a classroom as part of my training. Some of the girls in there were whispering about something. I heard the words boobs, grandma, and some kinda debate over somthing being at a party was consensual or not. Oh, and pregency. These were also the most well behaved kids out of all the 7th grade kids in this teacher's classes. Other than that, I did school stuff.

5 years ago
Got laid at the end of it.

5 years ago

gtfo Chadbot

5 years ago
I clogged a toilet.

5 years ago

Now that is truly what valentine’s day is about.