Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Purr Being A Fucktard

5 years ago

So this is what happens when writers try to get constructive criticism on here.

Before today I wondered why this site had so few users... Guess I got my answer the hard way.

Purr Being A Fucktard

5 years ago

Lighten up. This is the internet, not a safe haven for the easily discouraged. If you haven’t noticed, almost everyone calls me by Autistic, but do I look like I give a shit? Everyone on here comes here for entertainment, not to babysit. Honestly, if you dont think you can handle a couple of nick names then go away. You’d think that someone that goes around claiming to be a Redditor would have a little bit thicker skin.

Purr Being A Fucktard

5 years ago

Fine, I'll give you and all the commenters a clarification since many of you think that I'm an over sensitive twat: The main reason I try to be civil on here is because I'm new and I don't want what little writing I've accomplished to be deleted because the mods think I'm too much of an edgelord. I might be a professional at work where I'm typing this, but at home I whip off my slacks and shitpost with the worst of them on 4chan. And not one of the casual boards like /b/. No, I go to one of the most depraved, fetish ridden board available: /mlp/.

Yeah, the brony board. I don't even get off to it, I've just been stuck in a fucked up fandom for years now and I'm trying to find something different and atleast ?somewhat? constructive to do with my free time. The more I post on the forums the more I realize that this place more or less acts like it's own board that's declared independence from the main site for ?being too normie friendly?. So now I'm here, and odds are by typing this I've probably just created a new copypasta. But I don't care if I become a meme on this website so long as I get to keep practicing my writing skills, fucked up details and all.

That being said, I look forward to getting to know y'all.

Purr Being A Fucktard

5 years ago

People don’t get banned for being an edgelord, they get banned for not knowing how to type proper English. Think about, you got called a fucktard by a cricket becuase you didn’t do enough research/planning. You made a feedback thread, but instead of listening to the feedback and simply saying “Thank you fine Cricket for informing me upon the biology of bees,” and leave at that

you had to make a dumbass excuse of “Ok now that you've edited in that paragraph at the end

I gotta say that I did do a

little research before I started. Plenty of websites go over bees without

mentioning gender much if you don't include

gender specific words in your search. No need to be so rude, bruh.” Your biggest mistake was probably the last sentence, but

the whole thing is pretty bad, and now we’re here.

Sorry for the retard formatting, but I don’t know how to fix the text overlap

Purr Being A Fucktard

5 years ago

I did originally take their feedback seriously even though they all caps it and ree'd. Cricket edited in that second paragraph later just to be a jerk, I clearly could take the incredibly subtle? hints from the all caps half and remember to research more in the future. Clearly I should have ignored it and not fed them, but again, I'm new and still learning the tone people use in the forums. Lesson learned the hard way.

Purr Being A Fucktard

5 years ago
People however do generally get banned for making butthurt crybaby threads to cry about the mean words the meanies are saying when all they wanted was nice comments only, goshdarnit.

Purr Being A Fucktard

5 years ago

I thought that that was a given.

Purr Being A Fucktard

5 years ago

Ok, I get it, this is my warning. Lesson learned. I'm sorry for acting so assblasted.

Can this thread be deleted now or is this part of the punishment?

Purr Being A Fucktard

5 years ago

Always so anti-history, first the African bees and now this.

Purr Being A Fucktard

5 years ago

lol its not that anyone thinks you're too much of an edgelord.....its just no one wants to read about your bee fantasies

what did those poor bees ever do to deserve this anyways?

Purr Being A Fucktard

5 years ago
"

The more I post on the forums the more I realize that this place more or less acts like it's own board that's declared independence from the main site for ?being too normie friendly?

"

Also, we are the main site and you've severely pissed off two or more very powerful individuals.

Purr Being A Fucktard

5 years ago

Yikes, yeah - most of the active people here have a lot of power here. There are only like 2 exceptions, and I'm one of them.

Purr Being A Fucktard

5 years ago

gah! forgot to put that first line in quotes

Purr Being A Fucktard

5 years ago
I'm not pissed off, these threads are gold. (Similar in hue to royal jelly delivered fresh to vaginas the world over!) But we've all seen what happens to whiny faggots and know where this is going.

The only suggestion I can make is to leave glowing comments on Eternal and Necromancer, and quickly, but it's most likely too late.

Oh, and potentially life saving advice for future noobs: lurk more, damn.

Purr Being A Fucktard

5 years ago

Where is AYT the one time there is blood to be had?  She usually doesn't like to miss these things.

Ah, poor vaginas.  What will they do without Purr's bee jelly?

Purr Being A Fucktard

5 years ago

Just ignore them. The only thing you should really pay attention to is the feedback on your writing. 

Purr Being A Fucktard

5 years ago

I appreciate the advice, but I really can take it. This all started on a feedback post, so I don't think I'll ever be able to avoid it.

Purr Being A Fucktard

5 years ago

Purr, let me tell you a story.

This story started with pastries - pastries I baked. I spent over an hour of preparation, making sure it would end up perfect, because after all, my friends would be eating them, and they will never let me live it down if they turn out shitty.

So I baked them with all the skill in me, and the results were - in my biased opinion - passable. So I packed them up, excited to see how they will taste. The next day rolls around, and I go to my friends and give them a pastry.

My first group of friends are more like colleagues than acquaintances; we're on friendly terms, but not what you would call BFFs. They try it, and they tell me some variation of, "It tastes amazing," or "Wow Finn, you can really cook,".

Now, my second group of friends has been my friends since childhood, the people who I know have my back, and they know I got theirs. Their feedback is what I have been so eager to hear. Want to know what they said?
One said, "Bloody fuck, dude. Learn to cook!", another said, "Tastes like yeast straight out of the damn packet.". There was no question which feedback I appreciated more - the group that was actually honest.

See, while they kept tearing into my passion for cooking, they know I can't do pastry. They also know I do not like being patronized or babied. I have always drilled into their thick skulls to say to me exactly what they mean.

Now, think about your situation this way: You see them dolling out nicknames (which happens because let's face it, it's hella cool to grant someone else a title that everybody else adheres to), but do you see them actually discussing how damned interesting your idea is? On the discord server, there was a discussion lasting over an HOUR about your story, and NONE of it was derogatory.

Purr Being A Fucktard

5 years ago

Thank you for telling me your tale. I was aware of a discord but hadn't joined it yet because I assumed I would rightfully get shit for still having a pony OC photo icon in 2019. Definetely was not aware that they talked about it for a full hour.

Whelp, considering everyone that reads this thread knows I'm a brony now that secret isn't worth shit. I suppose you'll be seeing me on the Discord sooner rather than later. I have no plans of leaving here unless the mods make me.

Purr Being A Fucktard

5 years ago

Here, I got the link for you: https://discord.gg/Rq3yC2f

Purr Being A Fucktard

5 years ago

Thanks, I was searching for it on the forums and I think I joined someone else's by accident.

Purr Being A Fucktard

5 years ago
Yes it actually really does suck your thread got so much more attention than those of more talented authors who legitimately want people to take an interest and don't throw sulky bitchfits when they get it at all.

Purr Being A Fucktard

5 years ago
Pro Tip #1: Spend more time writing than commenting in the forums.

Purr Being A Fucktard

5 years ago

Probably a good idea