Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Game of Thrones - Season 8

5 years ago
So, GOT 8 is coming April 14 and being a big fan (of the series, the books not so much) I was wondering if anyone else was? Who do you think is going to sit on the Iron Throne? Who will live? Who will die? I'm pretty certain Cersei, Qyburn et al will bite the dust and probably Jamie too to finish his whole redemption thing. Jon Snow and Daenerys will probably become King and Queen but I have a feeling one of them, probably Jon, might not make it. As Grey Worm, Varys, Jorah etc are a bit expendable they might not either. Also Bran is a bit too all-powerful now so he might be cut up too.

What do you think? I found a few cool sites are GOT related stuff if anyone's interested:
https://winteriscoming.net/2018/09/15/matching-50-game-of-thrones-characters-50-european-countries/
https://www.arealme.com/which-game-of-thrones-character-are-you-quiz/en/

5 years ago

All the Lannisters save for Tyrion are going to die.

I imagine the remaining Starks will all live. Unfortunately that will include Sansa. I don't see Bran dying, he'll probably just go back to beyond what's left of the wall and meld back into a tree or something.

The Greyjoys, all of them could die for all I care, though I figure the sister will at least live.

Danny will probably live to be queen, not sure about Jon being king though. They'll probably have him die or not take the throne for some reason. It'll be a real lame move though if he doesn't just because Danny's his aunt.

Guessing Brianne will live, though I wouldn't mind if she died.

The Hound will finally kill the Mountain. Who knows if he'll survive to the end though.

Going to guess the Red Woman is going to die, same for that guy who's already died several times. Grey Worm, don't care either way, but it wouldn't be a loss. Same for Jorah I suppose. He's just there to be perpetually friendzoned by Danny. The merc that Danny was fucking in Essos is probably going to come to Westeros as reinforcements, and will probably get killed.

Vayrs I assume will live. Not like he's going to be around the heavy fighting. The Onion Knight will probably survive, same for Sam.

I'd like to see Qyburn get away somehow though he's probably going to get killed.

I really want Bron survive the series and get his castle. That's a 50/50 chance though.

Ideally the Night King just kills everyone and covers Westeros in eternal winter, but I doubt that's going to happen.

5 years ago
These are my guesses about GOT character fates:

Tyron Lannister: Will survive.
Jaime Lannister: Will die in some heroically redeeming way.
Cersei Lannister: Going to die in some horrible way or spend her life in some horrible way.
Daenerys Targaryen: Definitely going to survive.
Jon Snow: Hard to say, my guess is survive to complete his character arc of bastard to winner.
Davos Seaworth: Will probably die of old age or fighting as he has kind of outlived his usefulness.
Sansa Stark: Will survive, unfortunately.
Arya Stark: Will survive, hopefully.
Theon Greyjoy: Will hopefully die in some redeeming character sort of way.
Missander: Will survive.
Brienne of Tarth: Probably will survive.
Samwell Tarly: Will survive otherwise GOT fans everywhere will go mental.
Bran Stark: Will survive, otherwise the whole becoming the three eyed raven thing was a waste of time.
Sandor Clegane: Will probably die killing the mountain.
Varys: Going to die as his death was already predicted by Melisandre.
Melisandre: Going to die as she already predicted her own death.
Tormund Giantsbane: To badass to die.
Gilly: Will survive
Bronn: Too cool to die.
Gendry: Probably disposable, not sure what the point to his survival would be.
Jorah Mormont: Will probably die for Daenerys.
Euron Greyjoy: Definitely going to die.
Beric Dondarrion: Going to die in some meaningful way.
Eddison Tollett: Going to survive as they’ve run out of people to be Night Watchman Number One.
Gregor Clegane: Definitely going to die (again).
Grey Worm: Will probably die just to give his girlfriend a dramatic sad scene.
Podrick Payne: Probably going to survive.
Qyburn: Going to die.
Edmure Tully: Worthless but will probably survive.
Lyanna Mormont: Will survive.
Robin Arynn: Too insignificant to die.
Yohn Royce: Will probably die as, along with Davos, he is one of the last of the old timers.
Yara Greyjoy: Will probably survive to be Queen of the Iron Islands.
The Night King: Inevitably going to be destroyed.
Harry Strickland: New guy and leader of the Golden Company, will probably be killed.

Interested to see how many of the 35 I guessed right :D

5 years ago

Ser Pounce: Takes Iron Throne and lives

Littlefinger: Is actually alive and stays alive to climb that ladda

Ned Stark: Comes back to life as a whitewalker

Catelyn Stark: Comes back to life as a whitewalker

Ellaria Sand: Rots in dungeon as she should for being a bad character

5 years ago

Who cares about Incest of Thrones? Re; Zero Season 2 was announced. Now I can eat popcorn watching Subaru suffer and die over and over again to save his loved ones without powers because he's literally a time looper without offensive powers, on a high fantasy world, that has to die and return to an earlier save point basically every episode to defeat witch edgelords and the occasional monster/serial killer.

On a more serious note, I still can't bring myself to catch up on GoT after S2 so I'm sticking up to the books and random YouTube spoilers.

EDIT: Just remembered I still have a GoT ebook on Amazon from a promotion on a chocolate box while reading this thread. This might be the most wholesome day on my life, thank you all.

5 years ago

Kind of disillusioned with the show since it went off-book. The characters, dialogue, and plot elements are becoming increasingly generic High Fantasy cliche's. The show started off somewhat promisingly (getting past the fact that everyone in Westeros speaks English instead of a made-up Fantasy language... never mind that their ancestors from the lost continent of Valeria spoke their own language and that everyone else in that world speaks a Fantasy language) and the first four seasons contained some strong writing with great character development and a lot of interesting world-building and background history. But the further the show strays from the books, the more this whole thing just resembles another second-rate Tolkien knockoff. The show's complex political machinations and dynamic character arcs impressed me greatly. But that was mostly what George R. R. Martin had written in the novels. Now it's all Good Vs. Evil in an "ultimate showdown" and I'm afraid the ending will be too damned predictable... unless of course the White Walkers turn everybody into the the living dead, which is sort of what the producers are doing anyway. 

5 years ago
I don't watch the show and haven't read the books, so perhaps I shouldn't be joining the debate. But is it ever specifically specified that they truly do speak English? After all, even if they didn't, the author would still write the dialog in English because we can't read it otherwise.

5 years ago
Not really specifically stated in the show, but they do speak english. Although there are different languages that are spoken, that I can only presume are made up.

5 years ago

They hired a linguist to create some of the languages for the show.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_J._Peterson

5 years ago

Pretty sure they speak English. Would explain why they refer to the Western continent as Westeros and the Eastern one as Essos. Rather unimaginative names for continents.

5 years ago
It is possible that those are just translations, too. Those continents might just have the words west and east in their language. Unless it's specified, it doesn't always make sense to assume that the characters are truly speaking English. For example, imagine you're writing a story about some aliens. They obviously wouldn't speak English, but their dialog would be in English regardless.
But I guess it doesn't matter either way. I don't care enough about the book to go defending such a pointless little thing.

5 years ago

I think in the books, the people of Westeros speak "Common," which sounds like the language everyone speaks in Dungeons & Dragons. I read somewhere that they are basically speaking English. Martin didn't want to do the kind of homework Tolkien did. I don't even want to touch the books, though. The longest novel I ever tried to read was Austin Tappen Wright's "Islandia" (which, incidentally, has its own detailed language) and I STILL didn't finish it... I think I have just 40 pages to go. I generally find fantasy novels that can act as doorstops to be daunting and time-consuming. 

5 years ago
'basically English' is what the common language is in every fantasy or science fiction thing. Little difficult to tell a story if the audience can't understand what the POV characters are saying.

Just curious, what do you think of every major character in LOTR speaking Westron aka English?

5 years ago

Tolkien sets LOTR in Europe in some pre-historic antediluvian mythical age, similar to the Hyborean Age of Robert E. Howard's Conan stories. In no way does he intend his readers to think the characters are really speaking English, but instead expects people to understand it's some dead language from out of the mists of pre-history. 

5 years ago
Can't it be the same in Game of Thrones, then? It's set in a different world, so it's just as likely the author expects us to just use our brains to realize that they're probably not actually speaking English there, either. What's the difference? Just the fact that the names of the continents were translated, too?

5 years ago
'You read something somewhere' is what you're basing this on though. I've never seen an episode of GoT and have zero interest aside from the pop culture impact being difficult to ignore, I'm just not quite following what the difference is between having your characters speak English instead of the common language of their setting, vs having your characters speak English instead of the common language of their setting. Is it because one is just called Common instead of Western with a typo?

5 years ago

I have here what in Mystery novels would be called the smoking gun. Yes, they speak English in Westeros. Hodor! https://www.vulture.com/2016/05/game-of-thrones-hodor-what-happened.html

5 years ago

Well the first episode was alright, though I didn't really expect anything major to happen anyway.

5 years ago

Not a lot happened this episode, but the preview for the second looked action packed. Also, that kid's scream was terrifying. 

5 years ago

Lol. When I saw that kid climbing trees at the beginning of the episode, my reaction was, "Awh! He's so cute! ... He's totally going to die." cheeky

5 years ago

Just finished watching the first episode and... What the fuck? What the actual fuck? Jon and Danny flying around on a romantic dragon ride? It feels like I'm watching somebody's terrible fanfiction. cheeky

That said, I did enjoy when Cersai randomly turned into Bart Simpson ^_^

5 years ago

I watched the newest episode earlier and it seems it had done what it set out on what it had to do, the pieces are mostly set in motion with some more in episode 2, I also liked the callbacks to season 1 with the opening scene which shows a young boy watching as royalty visits Winterfell, and the scene in the crypt were two best friends discuss something which has potential to backfire in a big way. The comedy wasn't too bad either and was much needed as this is basically the calm before the storm, I just hope that they don't overdo it in the upcoming episodes and aren't afraid of making it dark as it needs to be, which seems likely if the scene at Last Hearth is any indication. This brings me to my first complaint the lighting was a major pain in the ass as I could barely see anything and had to adjust my brightness accordingly. Another complaint I would say is how unimportant they treated Jon and his ability to fly Rhaegal, in the fighting pits of Meeren is was seen as an important event which it was as no one has ridden a dragon in hundreds of years, but in this episode it was a minute of struggling to get on and that was that basically, then they went on their romantic ride. I should probably quit writing now...

4 years ago

Well that episode is over, should be getting to the fighting proper next episode.

4 years ago

Yeah, two episodes in a row of watching various people have five minute long conversations does make you think, "Fucking hell, somebody die already!" cheeky

I did like watching Brianne get knighted though. ^_^

4 years ago

Meh, I'm ready for Brianne to get killed in battle along with several others at this point. Lol.

If this is going the way it looks like its going, I feel like they did this backwards. Really they should have set it up so the Night King was the last enemy to take down rather than Cersei. If they kill the Night King first, it's sort of anti-climatic since he's obviously the greater threat.

It'll be like "Yay! The living managed to beat back the undead horde! Oh, and here's some stuff about taking care of Cersei afterwards."

Then again, its not over yet, so maybe that won't happen.

4 years ago

So long as Podrick's alright! cheeky

... I do wonder though, if they're going to be REALLY anti-climatic and just have Bronn kill Cersei, because he doesn't feel like killing Jamie and Tyrion. 

4 years ago
That was a lot of talking, with two episodes with no one dying I'm literally expecting half the male cast to perish in the big battle next episode :D Also can't get over Arya's sex scene, I still think of her as basically being the twelve year old girl she was when she started :S Yeah, I think Cersei's thing might be a bit anti-climactic (dies in childbirth or something would probably be the lamest way to go) but hopefully the series might still have a few surprises left :)

4 years ago

Lol! Yeah, I said the exact same thing... Probably because Arya still looks like she's 12 years old. cheeky

4 years ago

I'm sure Arya's tasteful sex scene was the highlight of that episode for loli-lovers everywhere.

Sort of figured they were going to do that with her and Gendry though.

I thought the Hound and Brienne were going to get a talking scene together as well, but guess not.

4 years ago

No idea who will have the throne. I just don't want it to be Sansa, Cersei or any Lannister and I'm conflicted about it being Dany.

I feel like Jaimie dies (if he survives the battle), perhaps doing something to save Cersei and her baby. The whole "things we do for love" crap even though she wants him dead. Grey Worm will likely die based on what we've seen of him and Missandei in Ep 1 and 2. She is a possibility too I guess. They can't cure Jorah just to kill him. That would suck. Gilly or Sam is dead or both. Melisandre dies. Bronn may die. Maybe after refusing to kill Tyrion and Jaimie. I would hate if Bran died just because they killed all the other Stark boys. And Jon and Sansa are boring without Arya and Bran.

Jon or Dany might die. Likely Dany because Jon has already. I think the are too heavy handed with Dany. The whole "who said anything about a HIM?" and "It means prince or princess that was promised". They want us to believe she is the prophesied so bad, I think that means she definitely isn't. They do the same with Jon I guess too, but Jon doesn't go on and on about how special and different he is.

As long as Brienne, Arya, Tormund and the Hound don't die, I'll be OK. I kind of want Cersei to live, but as a prisoner under whoever is ruling. I want her to lose everything, but her life. 

If Bran wargs into a dragon or a person (*ahem* The Night King *ahem*) and the Night King raises past characters from the crypt, I will be satisfied. I hope they reveal more info about the Night King, his ancestry and motivations. I want more raven flashbacks.

4 years ago

Finally got to see some shit worth watching.

Reminded me of what the scenes in Necromancer would have been like except y’know the undead winning. They even had an undead giant. Laughed when the little girl got bashed aside by the zombie giant.

Jon once again made a poor showing as a commander. He’s just sitting there on the wall of Winterfell when the trench is lit and the dead are just standing around awaiting their necromancer’s commands. The auntie fucker should have been burning zombies with his dragon. It’s not like the Night King was there yet.

Then Jon fucks up again by stopping his suicide run midway through against the Night King while he’s raising the dead. It’s like he hasn’t raised a shitload of them yet, Jon could have at least still broken his concentration if not killed him.

Hell, fucking Theon Reek did a better job and Arya had to save all their asses.

Missed opportunity: Gendry making Jamie a dragon glass fist so he could just punch undead into pieces.

Anyway, the rest of the season is probably going to be pretty anti-climatic now, nobody gives a shit about a big battle with Cersei. Like I said, they should have taken care of Cersei first and saved the undead battle for last.

4 years ago

Seven seasons of building up to get to this battle. It was an incredible episode. The whole despair and fear theme was shown magnificently. Was thinking the Night King is in the Targaryen bloodline when he didn't get burned up. I wish they had him say something though, but I guess there are enough interesting villains in the show besides a mute undead necro. 

4 years ago
Episode was cool, but I was disappointed in the pure Hollywood style military strategy going on. Needed more Ghost.

Also, what were they feeding 100,000 Dothraki horses in the North in winter? Must be those fancy horses that eat snow.

4 years ago

Yeah, WTF happened to Ghost? He just kind of disappeared with the Dothraki and then... I guess he took a nap for the rest of the battle, since the CG animators blew all their budget on the dragons. cheeky

4 years ago

That was awesome! Finally, Arya has suppassed Legolas as the ultimate Mary Sue! ^_^

4 years ago
Yeah, Legolas missed.

4 years ago

4 years ago
He would tell her that too! It's great!

4 years ago
The strategy was pretty awful in the episode:

- Let's #YOLO all the dothraki directly into the enemy
- Let's all stand outside and fight the enemy, rather than inside our castle
- Let's make really shitty traps rather than taking advantage of the fact that we have a fucking castle
- Let's have the unsullied disappear after the outside fight
- Let's have 0 people safeguarding the women and children
- Let's have the dragons just do whatever. Not like they'll impact the battle much

Then there was all the bullshit:
- Important people literally only died when saving/trying to save others. Literally. You can go check if you don't believe me.
- Jon literally yelling at an ice dragon for no reason whatsoever
- Fatty surviving by just laying on some bodies and stabbing every once and a while
- Everyone else surviving just by chilling against the wall

Not to mention the number of times this happened:
Oh no, the heroes were just completely overwhelmed! There's no hope at all! *Cue fade to black*
*And we're back* Oh wait. No, they're fine. There actually wasn't nearly that many.

Really the only decent thing that happened was Arya killed the night king. Even that though. It would have be much cooler had she put on a face to do it or something.

All in all just as bad of an episode as I expected from this season. More people should have died and it should have been actually deaths, not just "I DIE FOR YOU NOWWWWW!"

4 years ago

Going to just bring this up because it’s alway fun to rag on her.

This idea that Sansa is some major “game player” now is really fucking overblown.

Seriously, she has done NOTHING after becoming “hardcore” Sansa other than give more scowling looks, and a few sassy quips.

The only thing of importance that she’s done is gain the Knights of Vale to pull Jon’s ass out of the fire due to his poor commanding skills as usual. And the ONLY reason that was even the case at the time was mainly because Baleish wanted to fuck her.

Sansa sucked before and she still sucks now. Whatever they have planned for her in the next 3 episodes isn’t going to change that.

4 years ago
This pretty much sums up Sansa.

Arya: Hands Sansa a dagger.

Sansa: "I don't know how to use that."

To be honest, I thought she was going to use it to kill herself in the crypts, and then Tyrion would have to get the other side of his face cut off saving the day again.

4 years ago
"I will not abandon my people... Actually, yeah, I totally will. Have fun guys!" ^_^

4 years ago
Not sure why Dany just assumed that the totally undefended Dragonstone would still just be there empty collecting dust.

4 years ago

Another episode of prepping.

Dany cries over Jorah thinking that she could have at least pity fucked him once, not like she was doing anything important.

Sansa gives a bunch of passive aggressive bitchy looks.

Tormund and Gendry get shot down by the objects of their desire.

Jamie pity fucks Brienne since it wasn't like he was doing anything important.

The Hound and Arya generally scowl a lot and put on a whole "I'm a badass" loner persona (And travel together)

Jon makes bad decisions as usual.

Tyrion and Varys do a bunch of talking.

Bronn and Qyburn are the only two that I care about living through to the end at this point, but they probably won't.

Euron still fails at replacing Ramsey as the entertaining new psycho, he's more likable than Joffrey though.

Cersei desperately tries to be the last "big bad" but she's never going to be as cool as the Night King.

The black chick and the other unimportant dragon died.

So yeah let's get on with finishing this thing.

4 years ago
Telling Sansa and Arya was a good move, but not for the reasons he wanted. Need a replacement for Mad Queen Dany (still betting on King Gendry though).

Being a beta in general was really unnecessary.

Agreeing to march exhausted soldiers down half a continent right after a slaughter was incredibly dumb, but this goes back to him being a beta in general throughout the episode. Pretty sure he knows it’s stupid, but he’s thinking with a lower part of his anatomy.

4 years ago

Also lol at Brienne crying when Jamie left. I'm sure the Bri fans will bitch about her breaking down over a man that she finally got validation from due to making her a knight.

4 years ago
That reminds me of an unrelated point I forgot to bring up last night. As dumb as they keep trying to make Jon, Dany is even dumber. The stupid ships only had scorpions on the bow. All Dany had to do to destroy that little armada was fly behind them and burn them all. Brutal design flaw.

4 years ago

The standard tactic of the "good guys" seems to be just charge in pants on head retarded shouting at the enemy.

4 years ago

Right now my fingers are crossed that Dany will turn full-blown psycho bitch and the good guys will end up having to kill her. Jon will die in the process and in the end Cersai stays queen... But Arya kills her and steals her face. ^_^

4 years ago

Well I don’t know what they think they were doing with that episode but they were doing it totally wrong.

Then again they’ve been doing it totally wrong for awhile now, so fuck it right?

Everything was either dumb or meh.

About the only thing I liked was Jamie and Cersei dying together because I’m romantic that way.

4 years ago
So I guess it’s just a matter of who gets the honor of lopping Dany’s head off. Probably Arya.

4 years ago

Guessing Arya is going to do it since Jon is well known for just fucking up every important task.

With Qyburn dead (I was hoping he'd take off after he told Cersei all the scorpions were gone, but the longer he stuck around I knew he was getting killed) all I'm hoping for now is Bronn surviving the show and getting his castle somehow. (Again probably won't)

4 years ago
See, even if Dany is killed, she still has her armies and the dragon. That is to say... they wouldn't just be like "okay".

It's clear shes the new villain now... but we only have one episode left to resolve this. So either:
a) She steps down willingly for Jon after being convinced she's batshit crazy
b) She is talked down by the others and becomes not crazy
c) Jon leads a full scale rebellion and retakes the throne... in an episode lol

Either way, this season is proving to be just the dumpster fire I figured it'd be. Least it's only one week till we get closure.

4 years ago
This season suffered from writing so bad that it reminded me of the Walking Dead.

Other random thoughts.

1) Way too many Unsullied and Dothraki left. They should pretty much all be dead.
2) Drogon got a power boost this episode with exploding fire. Remember in Mereen when they used all three dragons to burn one ship?
3) So much for the scorpions. Makes you wonder how they ever worked. Also makes you wonder who told Dany to stop being an idiot and fly behind them.
4) And most importantly, will the winner be smart and get a more comfortable chair?

4 years ago

Yeah the writing has been so bad. The cinematography is basically the only positive thing about this season. I think it's funny how Cersei had the same thought about your #3. All the focus on Arya makes me think she's going to fail trying to kill Dany. My guess is Jon will end up killing Dany after she executes Arya. Or it could be the other way around: Jon gets called a traitor for killing the rapist and Dany sees it as an excuse to eliminate Jon's claim to the throne. I think it'll be one more Stark execution before another Stark ends up killing Dany... crossing my fingers it's Sansa that ends up dead.

4 years ago
A bit unexpected this episode but it's nice to be surprised.

I'd have been happy if they'd kept plodding along slowly until Season 10 but they decided to cram everything into Seasons 7 and 8 which means some stuff like Dany replacing Cersei as Official Maddest Queen in Westeros doesn't feel right and Vary's death also sucked (I thought the Jamie-Cersei thing and Hound-Mountain thing worked well but Qyburn deserved more than 0.3 seconds of a head-banging death scene). The sheer joy of watching Jon Snow trying to do stuff (In battle: stop, kill enemies in between unhelpful periods of thoughtfulness, kill person on own team, retreat unexpectedly abandoning sister and allies etc) is my new entertainment factor in the show and in Tyrion I've finally found someone with a worse job than mine (the education of... the young...) :)

Like someone else said the cinematography is excellent, though I missed Tormund's I-don't-understand-stuff looks in this episode and my guess for Episode 6 is Tyrion gets executed, Arya kills Dany and I guess the dragon, unsullied, dothraki and everyone just... go home? I have no idea :)

4 years ago
Also Bran's "I'm a bird with more than the usual amount of eyes" thing doesn't seem too useful. He could have given Arya a heads-up about the impending apocalypse of King's Landing so she could like, not have gone there or at least taken a helmet. I have a theory that in the last episode he'll do a whizz-through-time kind of thing where we get to see all the old actors and "best bits of game of thrones" kind of thing in about five minutes :) So far Bran's proudest moment this series (and, incidentally, justification for the sacrifices of Hodor, the boy from Love Actually, the flower people and the original visionary, and also, kinda, Osha and Rickon) was getting to be used as bait for the horny king in episode 3 so arya could stab him :)

I imagine there's at least SOMETHING useful Bran will do in the last episode.

4 years ago
Yes, sit quietly in his chair in the corner of the room so as to stay out of the way, lest his breathing distract Sansa from reading the mail.

4 years ago

The main thing I'm racking my brains over is... What the fuck was the point in that fight with Euron and Jamie? I mean Euron's basically given up on the idea of Cersai winning, but for some reason, instead of going, "Huh, city's on fire, I should probably bugger off," he goes, "Oh look, it's Jamie... This seems like a great time for a fight to the death!" cheeky

4 years ago

There was no point.

Granted Euron IS the type of guy to just pick a fight with Jamie in the middle of a losing battle mainly because he's been fucking with Jamie from the first time he met him, but basically it was just more retarded writing.

The main problem was that probably wasn't even the fight people wanted with Euron anyway. Most were probably expecting it to be between Euron and Yara. Would have made way more sense.

Yara and her fleet should have been part of the battle anyway. Her fleet could have been distracting Euron's which would have at least provided a bit of plausibility for Euron's fleet to just totally miss Drogon like a bunch of stormtroopers.

Would have also provided a bit more of a mix with a naval battle more than just a dragon burning everything. Then it could have ended with Yara and Euron having a pirate battle in the middle of a burning ship or something.

4 years ago

Yeah, but I guess Yara actually wanted to survive till the end of the series. cheeky

4 years ago

Euron’s character always reminded me of taking a wrong turn in the genre department and he traveled to fantasy land rather than Mad Max post apocalyptic land where he seems like he would have fit in better. (And looked more the part)

As retarded as that whole bit was, I still sort of liked how happy crazy Euron was as he was dying.

“I’m the man who killed Jamie Lannister. Lol.”

4 years ago
He didn’t even manage to do that!

4 years ago

I heard he was cooler in the books.

4 years ago

Changed your Dany avatar I see.

4 years ago

Lol. Yes.

4 years ago

I see you changed your original post, gathered your courage and reaffirmed your dedication to Dany via avatar, who apparently is a symbol for white feminism according to Axiom.

4 years ago
Needs to name her first born child Dany to truly prove her loyalty.

What was the original post?

4 years ago

I only half remember it, something about not really regretting anything though. Seemed strange that she changed her avatar to a non-Dany one at the time if that was the case.

4 years ago

I believe I also said I may change it back if Dany is either killed, or kills any shocking characters.

4 years ago

I did. I've now decided mass murderer or not, my username isn't going anywhere (I still quite enjoy it) so I can still have a little fun with my "Khaleesi" moniker.?

Dracarys 4 Life 

4 years ago
When they kill Drogon, I wonder if they will take the opportunity to try dragon steak?

4 years ago

Well, they shouldn't let it go to waste. The 4.5 people still left alive should definitely partake. 

4 years ago
At least it should last them awhile.

4 years ago
Bran's power is being able to see the past. He can't see the future so far as im aware.

Granted, he would know where everyone is at any given time, so a "hey heads up iron fleet are over there" would have gone a long way for dany's dragon lol.

4 years ago

Or she could have looked down and saw them herself lol. That tiny land mass "hiding" the ships wouldn't do shit from an aerial view.

4 years ago

Or:

d) Arya steals her face and rules in her place. ^_^

4 years ago
Prediction for the next episode: lots of random death and disregard for previous character arcs. Everything is also rushed. Arya Stark becomes the queen because everyone dies and the writers have a total boner for her. All the fans feel bad.

4 years ago

On the plus side, we all get to laugh hysterically at all those poor idiots who named their daughters "Khaleesi" cheeky

4 years ago

that is sad. well i hope the book is different with this. 

4 years ago
I read in the news that about 90% of GOT fans are not happy with Season 8 and there's an online petition with half a million signatures asking the show's creators to remake the show. I guess the writers can add the rather impressive note on their CV's "Destroyed most popular fantasy series of all time" :D

4 years ago

I guess it is a real shame that the show won't get a satisfactory conclusion, especially considering how great it was when it started... But considering the writers have buggered off to do Star Wars now, I doubt the petition will have much on an effect. cheeky

4 years ago

Not really realistic anyway, since I doubt even if they were going to rewrite everything, they'd have to get all the cast and crew on board and I'm pretty sure most of them were ready to be done with the show as well.

4 years ago
Lol, nerds are retarded.

I have a hunch these are the same mouth breathing neckbeards signing the petition to remove TLJ from Star Wars canon. Expecting that one to be equally effective.

4 years ago

I think the petition is more to do with sending a message of disapproval rather than an actual remake as a do-over would be a waste of time and money but as you said nerds are retarded. 

4 years ago

Honestly, I still don't see that big of a deal about burning a bunch of peasants. I mean the citizens of King's Landing should be pretty used to things suddenly blowing up/getting set on fire due to the incident with Cersei setting off the Wildfire bomb.

4 years ago
For all they know the Smith’s furnace just blew up.

4 years ago
The thing I find hilarious is how a lot of the big name fiction authors are making fun of the petition, needlessly pointing out how they don’t work (of course they don’t, this kind of petition is purely symbolic), and saying how much they’ve loved this season of GoT.

The artist/writer needs to write for himself first, that’s always a given. But there’s a difference between writing for yourself and writing half-assed lazy slop. And when you write for profit, and you completely ignore the desires of the fans, then expect to get bitched at.

MAGAS! Make Authors Give A Shit.

4 years ago
Sometimes things just suck. There's a limit to how much bitching is acceptable when it's an entertainment product you're watching voluntarily and for free however.

4 years ago
HBO ain’t free. Lunch ain’t free either.

4 years ago
How many people watching this show even have HBO lol.

4 years ago
Dirty pirates are supposed to walk the plank.

4 years ago

I am glad I never paid for this shit lol

4 years ago

I'm just crossing my fingers that George R.R. Martin was trolling the writers of the show and gave them all a bunch of fake endings, so that when the books come out they'll be so much better by comparisson... Assuming of course he can finish the bloody things before the diabetes kicks in and his heart explodes. cheeky

4 years ago

I am going to enjoy this new episode, the massive amounts of salt will be great. Honestly, the show has been going downhill for a while and was overrated by people (including me) It was a great show but still had it's limits. There are plenty of other shows that are at a similar level in terms of writing and pacing, the only thing GOT really has now is a massive production value. Anyway, the outrage will be worth it all.

4 years ago

Last episode.

Bronn survived and got his castle.

Didn't give a shit about anything else.

4 years ago

And he got to be Master of Coin and rebuild all the brothels... That makes me happy. ^_^

4 years ago
That was an impressive steaming pile of cow dung.

4 years ago
Everything ended neatly and so much conflict was just ignored.

Danaerys is killed - Dothraki and unsullied dont care and just do their own things. Drago also didnt care
We need a new king -> how bout the cripple who has no interest and also we elect all new kings - Everyone: aye
The north is independent now cause we went through some shit -> okay
Let's give Bronne the best land in the realm - why? - because he said he would kill us if we didnt -> okay
Also all the supporting characters are now important
Also Jon is beyond the wall

About all i could have expected from this show by now. Bran is confirmed being an evil mastermind though, surprised End isnt bringing that up.

4 years ago

To me, the weirdest thing was:

"Bronn is the new King!"

"Only if the North gets to be an idependant country."

Okay, sounds good... Now, who's the rightful heir to the North? ... Oh yeah... Bronn! >.<

4 years ago

Bronn becoming king would have been better than what we actually got 

4 years ago

... I said Bronn instead of Bran, didn't I? ... Well that would certainly have been fun. (Personally I was rooting for King Podrick.) cheeky

4 years ago

I didn't really bring up the Bran thing because at that point as I said I literally didn't give a shit about anyone except Bronn surviving and getting his castle.

Again, the only major retarded thing that stood out was the whole "The north is independent!" and all the other lords are fine with still living under the thumb of an "Overking." Hell, the Starks on top of having Bran as King, they got Sansa in the north, and Robin and Ed in the Vale and Riverlands since they're also related to them, pretty weak willed, and easily manipulated.

At best, if Sansa's crying about being independent, Yara certainly should have spoke up about wanting to be indy as well. Especially since she was still a Dany supporter and the Iron born are pretty damn unruly most of the time anyway.

The new prince of Dorne probably should have spoke up as well given Dorne's history of never being the kingdom that got conquered. I could see them wanting to be independent too.

4 years ago

Yeah, I could've rolled with it if all the 7 kingdoms became independent... But for the North to become independent just so that Sansa gets to wear a shiny crown and feel important... Seriously, Bran is your brother! What do you have against him being your King? cheeky

4 years ago

So anticlimactic and way too many long speeches. Felt like at least ten minutes was spent on Tyrion walking around the ruins. 

I was starting to warm up to Sansa again, but then she ruined it with her cockiness... again. 

Also where did Dany get all those new Dothraki and Unsullied from? I thought most Dothrai didn't survive being put out on the front lines.

Final season/episode was so boring and uninspired, but at least it's over and done with. I'm going to sleep.

4 years ago

can someone make a better story for the ending?

4 years ago
Whoever the faggot who gets the throne gets his throne. Then he is shortly after shanked by some extra.
The story ends there with a shot of new guy sitting in the throne.

4 years ago
Wait for the books. I hear the outline for the final one is just a napkin with 'asteroid hits, everybody dies' scribbled on it.

4 years ago
Producers left another Easter Egg in the final episode.

Clicky link not working for some reason. https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/fans-spot-another-gaffe-in-game-of-thrones-series-finale

4 years ago

Ok new head canon.

Bran actually warged into Daenerys and was behind the nuking of Kings Landing the whole time. He's been practising on Hodor, and can now disguise the symptoms of getting brain fucked. Daenerys gets ganked by either Arya or Jon as a result. What we don't see is Bran in his wheelchair, facing a brick wall, laughing menacingly as Episode 5 and 6 occurs. That, or he was doing wheelies in the Godswood.

Boom. Now there's a huge power vacuum - no dragon lady to stop anyone - and Bran can make his move. Hail the king of the six kingdoms. 

OR

Maybe Bran has been warged into by the three-eyed-raven, and that cheeky bastard is behind it all. Either way, that's the most evil paraplegic I've ever seen on television - nice work Dumb & Dumber!

4 years ago

One the dumber things that happened was Sansa saying “Oh hey I want the North to be independent.” and literally NONE of the other high nobles suddenly saying “Wait a minute, that’s a choice? Yeah I want our territory to be independent too!”

4 years ago
My prediction was that no one would sit on a fancy chair and everyone would be independent. I guess the writers never played with dominos.

4 years ago
Well that was a bit disappointing. I wonder what else is on tv? :) No matter how good you think something is nothing survives time :D

4 years ago

4 years ago
Okay I did finally read a summary of the last episode. The dragon melts the throne? Was it previously established that dragons have opinions on politics and understand ham fisted symbolism, because if not that seems REALLY stupid.

4 years ago

EVERYTHING was really stupid. cheeky

4 years ago
I think in the source material there’re claims that dragons have near human intelligence. I don’t recall that being established in the show though.

4 years ago
Oh, so the dragon has moral agency and is an evil mass murderer.

4 years ago
He’s a dragon and his name isn’t Toothless, so that goes without saying.

4 years ago
It's only respectable when strong independent dragons do that.

4 years ago

Dragons tend to be assholes most of time.

Hell even going by the D&D good dragons they still can’t help but think about what you might taste like while you’re talking to them along with their natural inclination to horde shit and not want to share anything.

4 years ago

If I would have read that blurb a week ago, I would have thought it was horrible fanfiction someone was trying to pass off as a real spoiler. Wtf does Drogon know about anything? He's a dragon that has killed a child, then took off to do whatever he wanted immediately after. Dumbest shit in the world.

Basically the whole ending felt that way. Cheesy, safe and predictable fanfiction.