Non-threaded

Forums » News & Updates » Read Thread

Keep up with the latest contests and find out what's been changing with the site.

The new Price of Freedom now released!

5 years ago
Price of Freedom: Innocence Lost has been in the site's top five list of games since its original release in the 2014 Spring Thing. Now I'm very pleased to announce that Briar_Rose (now going by Avery_Moore) has published a brand new, greatly expanded version. This game is an update of the original version of The Price of Freedom: Innocence Lost, published in 2014. The update contains three more stats, a choice of names for your character, the option to play as either male or female, two extra chapters, far more background and character development, and is over twice as long as the original, with a total of over 100,000 words. As most of you know, it was originally intended for release on Choice of Games, but, without getting into the details, they did her dirty and now their loss is our gain! ^_^ Being posted here means Price of Freedom is free to enjoy by all without the annoyance of ads, as are all stories on CYS. Although if you'd like to be an amazing and wonderful person and support the ongoing work on the sequels, you may find her Patreon here and tip her a buck or two. Read the story here! Ratings and feedback as always are adored. Edit: loathe as I am to bring drama into an official update post, it's come to my attention that a certain co-owner of Choice of Games who will not be named is telling flat out lies and attacking both Avery and the owner of our site for reasons that I can only assume make sense to him somehow. I hope this clears up the rumors going around to anyone who cares to know the truth: Why I don't write for Hosted Games, by Avery_Moore

5 years ago

D'awhh! Mizal, you're awesome! heart

4 years ago
Congratulations Avery/Briar :) I've already started reading some of it, it's really fantastic! You must be really proud of creating such a fantastically well written story :D I can't wait to read it all!

4 years ago

Thanks Will! ... Oh look, it's new me again. ^_^

4 years ago
Your story is... far beyond the usual standard. I cannot describe it further except to say it is incredible. You have created a really amazing thing here :D

4 years ago

D'awhh! You make me blush! blush

4 years ago

So does this mean we are allowed to fan girl over this? cause i am a little.

4 years ago

Squee away  ^_^

4 years ago

This should be an engaging read. Again. 

4 years ago

Bumping this for FREEDOM!

4 years ago

RIP original game. Hopefully the new one will slowly make it's way up the ranks and I'll end up in the top 5 again eventually... In the mean time though, I'll just take some small measure of sadistic pleasure in seeing that Dungeon Stompage managed to squeeze it's way into 5th place and poor old End will never get to see Deathsong on the front page. cheeky

4 years ago

I hope you've been getting your giggles elsewhere because this hasn't been true for awhile now.

4 years ago

Yep. Now the front page is a delicious little EndMaster and BZ sandwich. ^_^