Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Slice of Life

5 years ago

Added the "Slice of Life" tag.

Slice of Life

5 years ago
Do we have any examples of a good 'Slice of Life' game, because I'd question whether that was possible. Or at least my understanding of that term is that it usually indicates the lack of a plot.

And I never said I needed more admin stuff to do, Cricket lied to you! Ugggh. But thankfully I can trust to the apathy of the average forum goer that there won't be much to do here.

Slice of Life

5 years ago

Do we have any examples of a good 'Slice of Life' games?

Innkeeper, Repression, Tales From The Basement and TRASH

I was always under the impression "Slice of Life" generally just meant a tale focusing on mundane stuff.

Slice of Life

5 years ago
I think technically it means stuff without conflict or character development, like just a snapshot of a moment of someone's life while they do something ordinary and maybe just internal conflict if anything. But, it's a fanfic and weeb thing too I know so maybe the usage has changed. I wouldn't consider any of your stories to be about mundane events though lol.

Slice of Life

5 years ago

According to Wikipedia, its this stuff: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slice_of_life

I dunno, someone let me know if the above stories I mentioned qualify as "Slice of Life" or not.

Slice of Life

5 years ago

And I see Mizal already said she didn't think any of those stories qualified as Slice of Life which probably means I'm going to get rid of the tag on them (And possibly altogether) unless someone wants to be bothered to make a good case for it.

Slice of Life

5 years ago

Usually it's just mundane stuff but sometimes a conflict appears (most of the time romance).

There's a few interesting slice of life, like Barakamon, that aren't outright moebait garbage. I can't remember them because of their stupidly huge names.

SOURCE: I watch weeb shit.

Slice of Life

5 years ago

Yeah, so I guess we don't actually have any of these or rather based on some of the descriptions I've heard we don't want to encourage these. (Nobody bothered to make a strong argument)

Tag deleted.

Slice of Life

5 years ago

Nothing of value was lost.