Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Well Hello.

5 years ago

I made an account some time ago but I forget to actually post a welcome thread. Good to meet you CYS and sofar I've really enjoyed my time here.

I think I've always enjoyed the "choose your own adventure" aspect to stories but for the longest time and I didn't even know that there was even a genre for it. I also like how everyone has interpreted the "choice" of Choose Your Own Adventure differently too. Authors like EndMaster seem to focus heavily upon the actual story in relation to choice and letting "secondary" aspects like dialogue and fighting  not be determined by the reader. Or maybe a work like "Dungeon Stompage" which focuses on the mechanics of the story whilst the over-arching theme of the tale seems to matter less or a work like "The Price of Freedom: Innocence Lost" which focuses on the relationships and dialogue between characters rather than the fighting in the arena (though that has changed slightly with the updated version).

I just can't wait to start to read more of the wonderful universes.

Well Hello.

5 years ago

Hello and welcome. You seem to have a good handle on things already. Planning to write your own stories too?

Well Hello.

5 years ago

I'm certainly not that brave!

In all seriousness though, I would like to develop my writing skills for some time and pinch some ideas from others until I'm ready to submit a work here. 

Well Hello.

5 years ago
Welcome to the forums, glad you made it here. Good to hear that you're enjoying the stories this site has to offer as well.

5 years ago

Ummm this may be a weird question, but I noticed that most of you guys have a profile when I click on your usernames. So like, how do I make a profile? I know its a stupid question, but pls help me... :/

5 years ago

OMG sorry I'm so stupid there's literally a button that says Profile lol

5 years ago
If you're browsing on a computer you may also want to get the extension for an updated version of the site with a few added features: http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/the-lounge/message/24660 Notably, this lets you search stories by their tags if you're looking for anything specific. Happy reading!