Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

How do I exist?

5 years ago

Hello there! I am currently very confused as to what I should do to start on the site. So I figured I'd ask the people here!

How do I exist?

5 years ago

Start by reading storygames and a lot if them.  

I recommend reading this 

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/necromancer

And then this to start out with, especially if you like fantasy.  

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/death-song

Lurk around on the forums a bit too to see what the culture and expectations are here.  

How do I exist?

5 years ago

Well you can always start off by reading, rating, and commenting on some of the stories on the site. The Price of Freedom: Innocence Lost is one of the newer big stories and a good place to start. Pretty much anything by EndMaster is a safe bet as well. Eternal is one of my favorites and I've heard great things about Rouges and Necromancer as well.

You could also play around with making your own story. If you want help with that I'd look around the Advanced Editor Forum, Writing Workshop, and maybe even the Creative Corner.

Lastly you could lurk around the forums a bit. There are plenty of good threads and good examples of how not to act, so it should help you in avoiding a ban. 

Have fun and welcome to the community.

How do I exist?

5 years ago
How'd you find the place btw? But yes what the others said, most people are here just to read, and some of the best stuff is the featured games list on the main Storygames page so that's as good a place as any to start. After that you might check the profiles of featured authors you like for more stuff, or search categories by rating. If you at some point get an urge to do some writing yourself, the Writing Workshop is a good place for feedback or advice. (Or use the Creative Corner if you just want to show off normal short stories or poems and the like.) If you're browsing on the computer, the extension gives the site a facelift and adds some new features, like searching stories by tags. You just have to click and tell it to install the add on, there's nothing technical involved.

How do I exist?

5 years ago
Welcome to the site. Feel free to read all the stuff over there on the left that says, "Help & Info."

How do I exist?

5 years ago

Remember to click on Endmaster's profile and then proceed to read every one of his stories. 

How do I exist?

5 years ago

Agreed Broken God Eternal was my favorite with Necromancer a very close second.

How do I exist?

5 years ago

I’ve only played the struggle path so far, but I loved it nevertheless.