Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

Is the sound working?

4 years ago

So, I've been trying to add background music to one of my games, and apparently, while it works on my computer, it doesn't seem to work on anybody else's... Can you guys try out my tester game and see if the sound works for any of you?

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/sound-testing

Is the sound working?

4 years ago
I don't think you can add automatically playing music without JavaScript. Maybe Brad can help you there but first you have to question whether people are even necessarily going to want it. I'd be annoyed if there was no simple way to turn it off anyway.

People will sometimes embed YouTube videos as 'suggested listening' and I suppose you could do the same with SoundCloud or anywhere else.

Anyhow it's not working for me.

...oh, I see you did embed a video with height and width set to zero. But it also appears you're still using the RTE like a filthy ignorant peasant. Which I'm pretty sure doesn't play well with HTML in any form.

Is the sound working?

4 years ago
That's so weird. I wonder why the sound works for me, but nobody else... And I have RTE turned off. :p

Is the sound working?

4 years ago

Autoplay is always disabled on mobile, so that could be the issue for some people. It might also be a regional thing; YouTube can restrict videos from embedding or playing altogether based on criteria like that.

Is the sound working?

4 years ago

Dang it! >.<

Is the sound working?

4 years ago
You may have better luck is you can host your own mp3s and play them with windows media player.

At least I think that's what I did for Kill Aman's Mustache.

Is the sound working?

4 years ago

Oh wow, that sounds super confusing. Will give it a try though.