Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hey, nice to meet ya

4 years ago
Commended by Ford on 7/22/2023 11:12:00 AM

I'm TheChef.  Favorite genres are fantasy/adventure and any type of horror.  I'm working on a horror story myself, and trying to work in particular on the skill of immersive description, which I've struggled with.  I've been a lurker for years, but you can't improve a skill you don't exercise, so to hell with it.  I'm also down to proofread, and help others out if they'd like.  Nice to meet ya!

Hey, nice to meet ya

4 years ago

Welcome to the site! If you're going to read, I'd suggest Necromancer then Death's Song.(but you've probably done that already) Best of luck with the horror genre.

Hey, nice to meet ya

4 years ago

Thanks! I haven't dug through Death's Song yet but it's certainly on the agenda now.

Hey, nice to meet ya

4 years ago
Welcome to the site, I do hope you enjoy your stay here!

Hey, nice to meet ya

4 years ago

Thanks Ogre, a pleasure.

Hey, nice to meet ya

4 years ago
Welcome! I read the first couple pages of your story earlier and it looks promising. We don't have a lot of decent horror on this site, most of the more accomplished authors lean pretty heavily towards fantasy.

Hey, nice to meet ya

4 years ago

Thanks mizal, appreciate the encouragement.  I'll see if I can contribute to your horror catalog then, with any luck. 

Hey, nice to meet ya

4 years ago

Welcome to CYS!

Almost everybody has a list of good storygames here if you want any recommendations, but personally, I always suggest reading, rating, and reviewing the newer games. You'd make Mistress M happy, to say the least.

A great way to practice your writing is to write linear short stories on Creative Corner. In fact, anywhere you can read and write is a good place to refine your abilities.

Of course, as a lurker, you most likely know most of this. Anyways, it is nice to see you as an actual account!

Hey, nice to meet ya

4 years ago
Hey TheChef, welcome to the site :D Good Luck with your writing!