Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Contest SHAME 13: The SHAMED And The BANNED

4 years ago

It’s that time again.

Some of you avoided the SHAME pit, others even managed to drag yourselves out after an extended visit.

Of course however many of you got yourselves SHAMED like fucktards as usual.

Special mention of Fluxion, who just got out of the SHAME pit, only to get himself thrown back in because he kept publishing and taking down his story multiple times. I know he said he didn’t know you can’t do that, but fucking hell, he’s been here long enough for these things, he really should know that’s one of the few rules of these contests. Talk about never fucking paying attention.

Granted he wasn't the only slug to get himself thrown right back in after getting out, but the others we weren't expecting as much from and they didn't even bother submitting anything.

Anyway, let’s get on with it because Mizal doesn’t even give a shit about this contest anymore and whether you did the work or got SHAMED, it was all for a thankless taskmistress. Hope it was worth it.

PIT OF SHAME

3iguy

AllenKudzu

AmazingSeastar

Author4

awesomeness12

AzBaz

Bannerlord

betaband

Bilbo

bjhovey

Blazewhisker

BlueThread

castorgreatpoetguy (Ficsean)

Cat2002116

Chanbot (Ford)

Claw2k11

corgi213

curtain64

DiniTheWizard

Doodled

DungeonLord

Everwriter

Fluxion

frank2

ISentinelPenguinI

JCjr

JeffreyJabs

jep49

Journeyman

Kooky_von_Koopa

Kwism1127

Lallafa

Lancelot

Liqquitty

lunamoonia1

NekoCat

Neverland

Oraclemache

OriginalClamurai

Ozoni

p1_tjc

Providence

QingBo

RainGem

Raki

Rathalon1213

RedComm

resistor

Reywalker786

Romulus

Seto

Shadowdrake27

ShinobiKun

ShowMeTheCode

SixtySnakes

SkullyZombies

Slasher

stargazer

Thotfodder

Ugilick

unturned

White_Rose

XNeoBurritoX

DOUBLE SHAMED

BenCrucifix

Flamenod

insanebutvain

MasonJarGuzzi

MinnieKing

Mr.Mustachio

Plelb

RoyalGhost_007

Samyers0616

SpartacustheGreat (coins)

Yellowbelly

BANNED AND SHAMED

CallMeFriend (Boringfirelion)

Comply

Darkfox432

Emo_Lord_Holocaust

Ficsean_Chef

LADYHEAT24

lordkarstark

Malkalack

MrAce (AKA Serpent)

Negative (multiple times)

temporaryaccount

Tot

That’s it for this contest, and as usual you lot are still terrible.

4 years ago
I wonder if there will ever be a time the shame pit shrinks instead of grows or even stays the same size from one contest to the next.

4 years ago
No.

4 years ago
Hey, I still care about the contest. And all the successful entrants...whoever they turned out to be. I'll check later.

4 years ago

Damn. I was so looking forward to an 8/8 story from @temporaryaccount. My week has been officially ruined.

4 years ago
Well... the best part is that I had an hour and a half to proof read before the contest was over.

4 years ago

Adding Serpent to the SHAMED (And he was already in the pit so he's DOUBLE SHAMED now) because his story just sucks that badly.

Still not quite convinced that it's an End/Mizal shipping story though.

4 years ago

I apologize, I just saw this, and realized my own shame! Two dumb questions from a  noob:

1. If I get double shamed or tripple shamed do I get banned? Or is that for breaking the rules in some way? I am debating if I dare risk another contest...

2. To get out of this pit it just takes a contest where I submit a story that meets minimum site standards correct? Or do I need to have one of my stories become a terrible C-list movie to qualify for that honor? Just want to know how to get out of the pit in the event that I one day want to.

4 years ago
Triple SHAME is a ban. Usually, unless you are especially retarded, you will be allowed to come back with an alt. Possibly with a name of our choosing. Just ask @castorgreatpoet guy, lol. It's not hard at all to meet minimum standards however. That basically boils down to a story that doesn't have a bunch of broken dead end pages, isn't grammatically awful, and can keep a rating of 2.5 or above. And yes, to escape the Pit of SHAME you just need to successfully enter another contest.

4 years ago

Thank you, I will keep this in mind! I will also capitalize SHAME from now on.

4 years ago

Guess I’ll put Serpent under Banned now when I got the time.