Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Loss of a parent

4 years ago

Hey I know it’s been a while but very recently I lost my mother at 61 years old to a we believe to be a heart attack, just awaiting the autopsy, it’s the hardest thing losing a mother & basically within  half a night. I’ve become seriously depressed & sensitive  I don’t know what else to say besides I feel helpless and always depressed 

Loss of a parent

4 years ago
Hey that's tough, my condolences. I can't recommend talking to someone face to face about it enough though. Get offline, except perhaps for a distraction, but try not to lean too much on the lousy advice you're likely to get from online communities.

Loss of a parent

4 years ago
Sorry for your loss, I'll pray for you and your family. I hope you have people IRL you can open up to about this, but everyone deals with these kinds of emotions differently and especially when it's sudden like that it's hard to give any real advice. Just hang in there and try to keep in mind that while grief is natural, your mom wouldn't want to see you stay miserable forever.

Loss of a parent

4 years ago

I'm really sorry to hear that. I lost my mother too, but in a different way. From the way you talk about her, it sound like you both loved each other very much, which is more than many people can claim. You should be thankful for the love you shared and the time you had together. I really hope things get better for you and your family.

Loss of a parent

4 years ago
I don't know you, but I do know what it's like to lose someone you were close to, happened with my grandparents for me. Just know that you gotta ride the storm out, get out there and do stuff. That helped me, and eventually, I "got over it". I don't think people every truly "get over" losing a loved one, but they can certainly move on at the very least. I'm not sure how much this advice will help you, after all different strokes for different folks and all that, but still. I wish you well.

Loss of a parent

4 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.   Post here when you need support.  Depression is really awful to go through alone.  We'll keep you some company at least.

Loss of a parent

4 years ago

Be kind to yourself. The way that you're feeling is natural, understandable and relatable. I'm sorry for your loss.

Loss of a parent

4 years ago
Very sorry to hear that.

Loss of a parent

4 years ago

I know what you mean, but not what to say. I hope you shake off these feelings and keep going forward, no matter what.

I'm sorry for your loss. If you want to talk about it, feel free to message me.

Loss of a parent

4 years ago

Losing people is a rough thing to go through. If you're Christian it helps to keep in mind that they've gone back to God, and a prayer to be at peace with that doesn't hurt.

Don't let the depression beat you. It's going to tell you to do nothing and that just feeds it. Go out and do the things you normally would and try to get together with people that are close with you. Talk to people about what you have going on. It helps, I promise.

Loss of a parent

4 years ago
It is hard to know what to say at times like this as words become pretty meaningless in the face of such tragedy. The emotions are just too strong for them. I remember when my mum died when I was 15 and going to school the next day and the teachers saying all kinds of stupid stuff (my favourite was the science teacher's "hard luck"), All you can to do is keep busy and emotionally and mentally deal with it in your own time. I found hanging out with friends, going to the cinema, doing all the 'normal' stuff automatically, not because I wanted to but because it was just the thing to do, helped me move on after a while. The nights alone can be tough, come on here and kick around the forums or read some engrossing stories if you feel like it. The important thing is not to be alone or isolate yourself, even if you don't feel like it going through the motions until you feel better can be really helpful.

Loss of a parent

4 years ago

I'm really sorry about that. :(

Loss of a parent

4 years ago

I am sorry for your loss, I don't know you but please do not bear the burden of your parent on your shoulders. Stay strong and take care of your health, I am certain that she will be happy to see you actually care for her and can finally rest in peace after all of  the pain she suppressed in her life.