Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

4 years ago

Hi new member here was introduced to this site by shoujoaddict. She told me its customary to inroduce yourself here. Hope to read good stories on this site. 

4 years ago

Hey mahak! Glad to have you on the site, to start off with I would advise reading stuff from this link: https://chooseyourstory.com/help/articles/article.aspx?ArticleId=4314

Also, there's a lot of good stuff, especially in the top rated story games section that I'm sure you'll like reading. Hope you enjoy your time here!

4 years ago

4 years ago
If you want to read good stories, start off by reading everything that EndMaster has on his profile. I recommend reading Necromancer first and Suzy's Strange Saga last.

4 years ago

Sure thankyou for the suggestion

4 years ago
A name that starts with M? Wise choice!

Hi Mahak, welcome to the site! If you're looking for good stuff to read, I'd recommend starting with the featured stories, or participating in the book club that's going on in the Creative Corner. These'll also help you figure out what level of quality we're looking for here, in case you decide to write something of your own. There's plenty of useful help files, and if you post a question or story excerpt on the forum, there'll usually be someone willing to help you.

Don't be an idiot and have fun!

4 years ago

Thankyou i will check it out

4 years ago
Cool, looks like we just got more multicultural. And progressive too if Shouj is out of the closet IRL.

What kind of stories do you like reading?

I hope you will not perpetuate the stereotypes that nearly all past Indian users have...

4 years ago

i like reading mystery a lot. stuff from agatha christie is my all time favourite. 

well i'm not aware of any stereotypes as such but ill try not to do anything stupid

4 years ago

I reccomend Avery M: Dead Man's Journal as a good mystery game... Also, welcome to the site. ^_^

4 years ago
Just an fyi, if you're going to be posting in the other boards you're going to want to use proper capitalization and punctuation and such. This is a writing site, so people take more notice of that kind of thing. You don't have to be perfect of course, but try not to look like you're texting.

As for mysteries, we do have a Mystery/Puzzle section, but the storygames in there lean toward the latter. There's not a lot of traditional mystery unfortunately. I think part of the problem is they're complex and difficult to plan out even for a regular story, and the CYOA format makes it even more complicated. But if you're going to be doing any writing of your own, maybe you could make something like that a goal.

4 years ago

Lol, it's not mandatory to introduce yourself here welp I didn't maybe that's why everyone hates me. But there are a lot of good stories in every section besides horror.

4 years ago
Besides horror? Really? Then is this not good? And this? And hell, can't forget this!

And of course, those are just 3 examples, out of many. I can understand if horror is not your cup of tea, but saying there's no good stories in that genre on here just ain't right. If you honestly think so, you're a faggot.

4 years ago

First I'm talking about true horror, not a comedy with a bunch of fictional monsters, or zombies true real horror like suspenseful dark thrilling, EMOTIONAl horror. I personally don't consider Dead Man Walking a horror story it has zombies but it doesn't actually have the thrill or suspense of a real true horror game. Dead Man Walking is one of the best games on this site but I personally don't think just because it has zombies it should belong in horror.

The second game is amazing I really like it. But the third um............

And I'm saying OVERALL the horror section sucks if you read some of the supposedly scary games out there its bad. Just because one or two games or even 5 games in a section are amazing. If the rest are trash that means the average overall is bad.

And I didn't mean to say that there are no good stories in the genera, there just isn't a lot, and when I say a lot I actually mean a lot.

4 years ago
Hey, Love SICK is a future classic and a TREASURE.
Someday my grandchildren will read it for some dumb class, and I'll be able to let them know how I read it soon after it came out. Will be great.

4 years ago

Lol, I love how you said future classic. And I'm not arguing with the quality of the story I'm just saying I personally have mixed feelings  about the game.

4 years ago
Horror is one of the weaker categories, but there's still some good stuff in there. They mostly lean towards being thrillers and action stories though. I wouldn't consider Dead Man Walking a horror story for instance, so I guess Dave's stopped clock was right for the moment.

(Arguably Kelly Unicornstrider and Friends should be in the Horror category, it does a better job at being unsettling af than most of what's actually there, but that's a spoiler...)

4 years ago

I wouldn't say horror is a strong point but there is never such thing as a category without good stories. But I think what really gets on my nerves about horror is the fact that, there are so many misplaced stories in their that aren't really scary at all and just plain out action/ adventure stories.

Glad to see at least one person agrees with me.

4 years ago
Honestly, "horror" is a difficult category. No one sat down and defined what that word means, and it really can mean different things to different people. It is scary so that you poop yourself when you read it? Maybe. Is it the gore-filled teenage abandoned lake stories that are all boobs and blood? Perhaps. Are they highbrow stories that scare you in a higher, more educational way? Could be. Is it a secret story that makes you wonder what's around the next click or choice, knowing that any choice could be your last? Yeah, it could be that, too. So I think that's where the difference is -- when one person sees the category name, they expect one type of story, but when 27 different authors read that category, they have 27 different ideas of what kind of story they might write for that category. So are some stories misplaced? It depends on who you ask. Clearly at least each of their authors though they were in the right place...

4 years ago

A friend of Shoujo's?

I'll try really really hard to not hold that against you. 

Really I will.

4 years ago

Love you too, Thara! :)

4 years ago
Always the magnanimous sister.

4 years ago

I have to set a good example sometimes.

4 years ago
Welcome to the site! I do hope you enjoy your time here.

4 years ago
Good luck~