Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

I need 2000.

4 years ago

Man, that was a good year.  I was just finishing graduate school and had no parental or difficult job responsibilities.

There was internet, but it was before everyone was hypnotized by devices wherever they walked, strolling into traffic on their phones.  I didn't have to take my shoes off before I flew, going through security.   Napster was the height of illicit web activity, Britney Spears was hot, Harry Potter had not yet gotten bloated and unreadable

Y2K had come and gone, and the world didn't end, the Human Genome Project completed and I assumed we would soon be unlocking and defeating all known genetic disorders.

Buffy and the Sopranos were still airing new episodes; I saw Gladiator in the theater, and watched the Sydney Olympics.

In short, I need 2000.

I need 2000.

4 years ago
It was the last good year.

But I need a new 2000 just the same, a used copy just won't do. And maybe they can delete those guys with those planes in advance for this version, that really created a lot of bugs in .2001 and going forward. Just a bad idea all around.

I need 2000.

4 years ago
You had me at no TSA.

I need 2000.

4 years ago

You take off shoes for security check, what? 

Sounds like a good year, though. I was only a year old then.

I need 2000.

4 years ago

Yes, shoes come off to see if there is anything dangerous concealed therein.

I need 2000.

4 years ago

We don't have that here. Well, glad to learn something new! 

Also, the Human Genome Project is something I had only read about in books. To know that you've actually witnessed that was such a fascinating thing for me.

I need 2000.

4 years ago
Now you don't always have to if you're over or under certain ages. Guessing because it holds up lines to take off and put on a two year olds shoes and such

I need 2000.

4 years ago

Cartoons were much better back then as well...they are just strange now -_-

I still crack up at the rules about toothpaste on airplanes (only travel-sizes allowed). 

I do not miss dial-up, but I do miss the days before "hanging out" meant all downloading the same app.

I need 2000.

4 years ago

Cartoons were waaaaay better then, yes! I just had to say this.