Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Lurkers, I hereby bribe you to review games

4 years ago

Lurkers who read the site but do not post or review games, I hereby challenge and bribe you to register, and then review five games.  I'm talking about actual, thoughtful reviews, not just one-word reviews like "Cool."

If you do so, and provide evidence of having done so by posting here and saying what games you have reviewed, I will hand-craft a limerick about you, just for you, suitable for framing.

4 years ago

Sounds like a pretty good bribery for those who lurk in the darkness of CYStia land. This will be a great chance for them to stop silently observing and actually participating in the fun .Though, you make me pity for joining this community sooner. Arrgh! Those hand-craft limericks seems so delicious!

4 years ago

I will be shocked if I get any takers.  But we'll see...

4 years ago
You might try randomly tagging any unfamiliar blue names from down at the bottom. We've had decent success filling a couple threads with the summoned and interrogating them about their personal lives.

Writing *reviews* though, that's like hard and stuff.

4 years ago

Lime is seldom a popular flavor

Though it is one that I savor

A limerick by Gower?

Earned in an hour?

What have these lurkers done to win such favor?

4 years ago

It'll never happen, so we needn't worry too much about it, I'd guess.  But for regular posters who want a bespoken, artisanal, bee-fresh limerick, that I have to think about a suitable and fun approach for it.  Because I'm just going to do it anyway for you all.  I can't help it.

4 years ago

Huzzah! 

4 years ago

Favor or not, they were shot by surprised

"Some lowly reviews for such a treasured prize?!"

"Count me in!", one said with a courageous mind,

"I'll just passed...", one hesitated."It's no time to shine."

Shadow inspired me to made a little poem... Anyway, hopefully there will be a lurker stop by and do this thing. There are quite an amount of people here now.

4 years ago

I hate to call you out on this, but Gower: you did recently rate one of my own games a 5 recently, without the consideration of leaving a review...

4 years ago

Ordinarily, I would think it was pretty weird to write that in a thread instead of PM'ing me, but I am glad you did, since I thought I was leaving you a higher rating than that yesterday, and I actually went back and replayed so I could correct it, immediately after and clearly failed again.  Yours is not the first game that I have fat fingered a rating on my ipad, where the rating links are squished right next to each other.  I appreciate you mentioning it.

e: now I am paranoid about every game I have ever rated on my iPad.

Sent from my iPad

4 years ago

It's not something I would mention at all normally, privately or otherwise, but my "irony-o-meter" did go off when I read the OP in this thread. I'm glad to see you are still working on the story in question. It is 100,000+ words long, with 45 endings but only one way to "win," so I've always understood that reading through it would be difficult, and that reviews would therefore be slow in coming. But if people are finding fault with the story, I genuinely want to know why.

4 years ago

As someone who has written a couple of super long games, I totally hear that.  Therefore, i think after I write up my review of Alpha Wolf, I will start a thread devoted to a slow playthrough of your two games, which I hope will also inspire additional plays  and ratings and reviews.  Your work deserves it.

4 years ago

Thanks. And I apologize for the threadjack.

4 years ago

I am going to read and review the story-game mentioned above  next. Trying to find a day I have time to read and take notes on such a long game. It may have to wait until I finish my super long game; however, I am very excited for it after reading and reviewing your first one. My reading process is more active than most people, so I will probably have a few pages of notes to provide feedback with.

on a separate note I am hearing a lot about Gowers first story-game. Everyone talked about Kelly and I am lost. This game is also on my list for when I have time to play it completely and provide in-depth feedback.

4 years ago

The review you left on MoGM was good by the way. Thanks! You'll find SotGP to be something of a verbal maze, but once you find the correct path many of those dead ends are paid off.

4 years ago

No problem, thank you for the great read. I will explore the game thoroughly, looking for every dead end and ending there is. I expect it to be quite good, given the setup in the first game. My review will be as in-depth which scares me due to the scale of it.

4 years ago

More amusing is when I’ve seen negative comments and after checking the rating they gave it like a 6 or higher.

4 years ago

Maybe a confirmation wouldn't be a terrible idea when rating.

4 years ago

Like this?

Your story sucks donkey balls! I hope you die horribly!

8/8

4 years ago

This is deep. I need to change how I write my comments...

4 years ago

Off topic, but... Gower, have you ever considered becoming a mod over here aswell? You're always putting together interesting little competitions and shit. Just seems like it would make sense for you to be a mod, so that you can reward people with actually points in addition to limericks. ^_^

4 years ago

Aren't Limericks worth points? 

4 years ago

I've never been asked.  I assume the concentration of power would turn me wholly evil.

4 years ago

Yey!!! Let's make it happen! ^_^

4 years ago

There once was a Professor Gower

Who sought to gain infinite power

When made twice a mod

He near approached god

Until he was thrown from a tower

(Endmaster had one too many syllables to work into the last line neatly, there...)

4 years ago

Gower knew just what to say

When modhood was mentioned today

"I don't have seniority

(and I don't want authority,

when people post lol ___ and ___.)"

4 years ago
He's blended in so well with our society that the people are campaigning for him to become a moderator here. Clever bastard, getting others to do his work for him.

4 years ago
1) obvious CoG double agent
2) if not a double agent then FAR too wholesome, doesn't fit our brand.
3) JJJ is technically supposed to approve any new admins and either way, the way it's always been done is by need, not automatic promotions for merit or popularity.
4) Why would you want to do this to him... I thought you liked him?

4 years ago

Yeah, I like Gower too much to make him do that. Plus, he'd probably instantly double cross us and delete all of Endmaster's stories.

4 years ago

Am I eligible for this? I already have an account but I've never reviewed anything.

Is there a length the reviews have to be?

4 years ago

Eh, go nuts.  Let's call it a good solid paragraph.

4 years ago

Okay then do I qualify.

4 years ago

Hey, I wrote you a limerick already, didn't I?  Well, call it an advance.

4 years ago

The qualifications are “lurkers that do not post or review games.” Just going to say that if you have to ask usually that means you do not meet the requirements, and know it, but want to rewards anyway. I asked a similar question about late contest entries: you are put in the pit of shame anyway.

4 years ago

Oh ok. :C

4 years ago
Am I a lurker?

4 years ago

I think you know the answer to that in your heart.

4 years ago

He identifies as a lurker. ^_^

4 years ago
Every lurker has the potential to get involved one day and unleash great things.

So no, not you. Sorry.

4 years ago