Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

new goat

4 years ago

hi im goatlord (obviously :D) im new here so i decided to say hi. im going to make a storie called Scar's Fate but i dont know how liong that will take till ive learned how to make an adequet storie

new goat

4 years ago
>but i dont know how liong that will take till ive learned how to make an adequet storie

I give it three to five years, optimistically.

new goat

4 years ago
You always were so optimistic about these things

new goat

4 years ago
You capitalized and used an apostrophy in the title Scar's Fate, so clearly you know how to do that. So, bloody well do it! Writing like this makes you look dumb everywhere on the internet, but especially on a writing site.

I recommend you read a couple of the featured stories on here first, to see what kind of quality we're looking for. Remember, there's no time limit, so publish your story once you've really worked hard on it, and proofread it several times.

If you plan to continue writing like you did in this post, however, just don't bother. You won't like the ratings and comments that'll get you, trust me.

new goat

4 years ago

Welcome! Lion king fan-fic is a bold choice! Read the guides under help and info for some help!

new goat

4 years ago

no its not a lion king fan-fic (sorry) its about people with super abilities

the main character calls himself Shadow Scar

(i hope that'll be a cool enough name)

new goat

4 years ago

It's not always about what's the coolest sounding name, it's often about a name that fits the character or a name that has a deeper meaning for the character that might be revealed later. Often, I name my characters based on their personality and what they'll do later in the story.

new goat

4 years ago

Then again, names can also just be that. Just a name. So don't worry about the name sounding cool or being normal unless that's what you need for the character.

new goat

4 years ago

cool thanks

new goat

4 years ago

Probably a better choice haha and if you are looking for a cooler name I suggest "Shadow Drake". That is my unbiased opinion.

new goat

4 years ago

naw but the janator can be named "drakes dick" :D

new goat

4 years ago

Perhaps he's a Shadow Drake in a series of Shadow Drakes.... let's say, oh, a random number in the series like... 27?

new goat

4 years ago

Glad someone got it ;)

new goat

4 years ago
Let me be blunt:

The story won't get the ratings to survive a day after publication if you don't figure out grammar.

There were fourteen errors in the two sentences you introduced themselves with. If I saw a story open with that, I'd rate it a 1/8 without reading any further.

new goat

4 years ago

i actually didnt notice that thank you. 

ill try better next time.

new goat

4 years ago

She doesn't like you.

new goat

4 years ago

oooh your the Endmaster!! well this is cool

new goat

4 years ago

I don't like you either. 

You just watch yourself. We're admins.

new goat

4 years ago

basically im fucked?

new goat

4 years ago

YOU'LL BE BANNED!

Lol

Actually I was wondering if anyone was going to get the rather easy movie reference (If altered) I was parodying.

new goat

4 years ago
He'll be careful.

new goat

4 years ago

i can't figure out if ENDMASTER is scary or not

new goat

4 years ago

new goat

4 years ago

new goat

4 years ago

12 pointless points for Bill.

new goat

4 years ago

We should work at making CYS points redeemable at Sharper Image or something. Or as airline miles. Then they wouldn't seem so pointless.

new goat

4 years ago
Damn, I quoted the line he was supposed to say too. RIP pointless points.

new goat

4 years ago

im publishing a story tommorow, don't judge it too much, this was just my practice story. i used it to test out different ways of moving around throughout the story

new goat

4 years ago

I recommend not publishing it... you can practice without it being published. If you post it, everyone will see it go up and read it. At that point they will judge it if you want them to or not. If it doesn't meet the minimum site standards it will be removed.

new goat

4 years ago

doesn't matter, might as well publish it

at least IM proud of 

new goat

4 years ago

it

new goat

4 years ago

Do what you want, just don't be surprised if you get a lot of feed back and it's not positive. You can use it for other games, but if this is just a chicken scratching on a few pages type thing people might not bother to leave comments. If you put actual effort into it then people will put more effort into their feedback.

new goat

4 years ago

i actually finished a pretty good story (to me)

but its probably not going to get good ratings, might get removed, but it might be intresting what happens

new goat

4 years ago

it will just have to be an adventure along the way

new goat

4 years ago

I'm going to tell you right now, DO NOT PUBLISH this story. It's currently in preview mode and anyone saavy enough can already find it. The punctuation is atrocious, capitalization is nonexistent, and the first choice leads to instant death. If this impresses you, then you have appallingly low standards.

new goat

4 years ago

I also think some of the links are broken... I used an upper cut, which landed, and I TOOK 200 damage for it. I didn't play it all the way though, but it's a good idea for an easy "game" rather than "story," but it isn't ready to be published. Have fun with it and work on it a bit more, or call it practice and leave it unpublished, but putting it up probably isn't a good idea.

new goat

4 years ago

Oh, and by the way, "torture" isn't spelled "tourcher." Just sayin'.

new goat

4 years ago

oh shut up,

the first choice death was to fix a dumb ass dead end problem that i didn't know how to get rid of without creating a link.

i'll have to figure out how to do that later.

so ignore the first choice because after you use the item, there are plenty of pat

new goat

4 years ago

paths through the rest of the game

new goat

4 years ago

Consider me "shutting up." What is about to follow will be hysterical to watch, without my further participation.

new goat

4 years ago

wasnt tryna be rude

new goat

4 years ago

I should also mention that you just got free advice from a professional author... and your response was "shut up"

(Bill is a real, published, professional author... not someone who paid to get something lamenated)

new goat

4 years ago

sorry but i thought this was supposed to be fun

new goat

4 years ago

i just want to try something i havnt done before

new goat

4 years ago

It is... but this is polite feedback compared to what people will say on your story if you post it. We are trying to warn you... it's fun, and you can read it in preview mode all day to enjoy it, but if you publish it take time to polish it. Think of it like a book. I have a lot of stories I wrote down on a journal, I never published any though.

new goat

4 years ago

{un-shutting up for the moment}

Actually, I'm just a free-lancer. Yes, I do have a few published books, and yes I do get paid for some of the things I do. I am not a professional, though; I am a government employee who has to work for a living like everyone else. All of my published work is either non-fiction or opinion; fiction is a new arena for me, which is why I'm here.

{now back to my previously-scheduled period of shutting up}

new goat

4 years ago

Ahh thank you for the clarification. I saw you were published and had been paid and just assumed due to the quality of your writing. Even the art and cover page looks professional.

new goat

4 years ago

bill

you can un-shut up now

new goat

4 years ago

Lol... post the story friend...

new goat

4 years ago

sorry, i tend to get defensive about myself for no reason

probably still gonna publish it just for fun, i dont care about the negative reviews or the rating for this one but id still like it out there.

im gonna get negative views on the internet no matter how good i do on anything

new goat

4 years ago

True, I give your story a week of being out there... but I'm no expert

new goat

4 years ago
Bet you 50 points it'll be less.

new goat

4 years ago

except endmaster for some reason

probably because he's a god

new goat

4 years ago

by the way

how does endmaster have infinite points

did he create this website?

new goat

4 years ago
I'm 99% sure this is bigboy again, I'm just too apathetic to check. What matters one more or less incomprehensible retard running around the site, anyhow.

new goat

4 years ago

whose bigboy? ive only known about this site for a week

new goat

4 years ago

He was an annoying, illiterate "troll" who got banned and then spammed a bunch of alt accounts. Of course I don't need to tell you this, seeing as how you are him.

new goat

4 years ago

believe what you want, but im not him

new goat

4 years ago
It might help to put just a tiny bit of effort into not posting exactly like him then.

new goat

4 years ago

I'll try to be more literate, but what do you mean spamming alt accounts?

new goat

4 years ago

Like this:

Unique Names: epichaxboi, , thanos

Had you shut the fuck up, we probably wouldn't have paid as close attention to you.

Banned.