Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Canary's Cage: Years End Contest

4 years ago

32) EndMaster's box of horrors. Beg for Endmaster to give you a prompt

Not only did EndMaster give me a good prompt, but he  gave me sound advice: don't reveal your prompt, so I will make sure not to do that! That said, I am still trying to figure out the best way to go about this specific prompt, but I may have finally chosen exactly which route to take with this. Wish me luck! Hope my first time in a competition isn't a total shitshow. 

4 years ago
I think you should do the thing with the thing. Then you can let people choose from that thing or the other thing.

4 years ago

I am more confused now than I was before I read your statement, Ogre! 

4 years ago

I had begun to plot out my story on a bubble site for organization, however I realized once I got further into it that it was more of an anti-hero/anti-villain story than what my prompt is supposed to be.

And thus back to square one! But I do have some ideas still, so all is not lost. 

4 years ago
Just amp up the goodness/evilness of your protagonist.

4 years ago

I think the issue is, I should start them off as a villain. Cause in my original plot, they would have started off relatively neutral and had a good reason to be a villain because of their beginning, thus making them more anti-hero/villain than just straight up villain. So unless I had every path end with them doing something evil, there'd be a chance you could go the whole story and not be all that evil.