Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

This man is real and not a gimmick

4 years ago

I'm trying to get my account made cuz I'm lurker and u guys ban wtf

4 years ago
Oh you're actually real, lmao.

Just curious, do you feel you're up to writing a storygame set on a tidally locked place before January 3rd?

But I'll unban you if you write a 300 word review of any recent storygame. If you really want to spend more time with Ford and Thara that badly.

4 years ago

I'll give a number review out of ten.  I aint jumpin through hoops just cuz of my race

4 years ago
It's not you. She's just naturally aggressive. But hey, she's got a cute reindeer dragon now.

4 years ago

I joined to converse not get strung up like a puppet in someones playground 

4 years ago
I like you already.

4 years ago

Actually, Mizal hates everyone and makes them jump through hoops while the rest of us throw peanuts, all equally, regardless of race

4 years ago
I think it may be for the best you just go back to lurking. Not that I believe anyone posting like this has actually lurked all that much.

Discord access requires site contributions though. You just happened to get banned instead of locked in a quarantined channel and verbally abused until you produced something of value. In a way, you're one of the lucky ones.

4 years ago

Sad little playground you got then bud.  Take some time and reflect 

4 years ago

Call Mizal sir, please

He needs the proper respect

4 years ago

Aight

4 years ago
unfortunately cys is not developed enough to have a welfare system yet

4 years ago

I run my own buisnesses man I don't need no handout dw about me.  Take a look at yourself before judgment 

4 years ago

You'll probably get let back into the discord if you do a few things on the site. Read a few of the stories then leave reviews, and you'll likely be let back on.

As a heads up, this site is pretty much a flashback to the internet in the early 2000s so have some thick skin if you want to stick around. You can lurk on the main site, you'll get kicked for lurking on the discord.

4 years ago

Well looks like I didn't type that fast enough. 

4 years ago

I'm 39 years old I'm my own man not gonna get thrown around for no reason.  My kids read these stories man.  I got five little ones.  I don't want them running around in gta.  I want them to read.  So I let them read on here. 

4 years ago
I recommend Imagination by EndMaster.

4 years ago

Id recommend the ButterBear, or LoveSICK

4 years ago
No need to be rude. And don't you have a contest story to write? And some progress reports?

4 years ago

Look, chances are LoveSick has been read if theyre still wandering the forums and such

Also, I gotta procrastinate first

4 years ago
You've been procrastinating for over a week already.

4 years ago

I wrote some

So the clock reset

4 years ago

Hey bud how bout you get off this page and start doing your work

4 years ago

No

4 years ago

You gonna make me fume 

4 years ago
I really want to believe he's real, but I can't. It's too good.

4 years ago

I have the high ground

4 years ago

Sound like some furry crap I'll pass 

4 years ago

Ive heard its a really good kids story

But your seething hatred for furries is good, and duly noted

4 years ago

I'm going to strongly recomend against that. There are some good stories on this site. Not stories I'd let kids read though. Give a look at Baen books. (Publishing company) They have a free library without the jokes that are prevalent here. I'm not promising that it'll all be kid friendly, but it won't be bad like it is here.

4 years ago

I raise my kids how I want

4 years ago

Okay. Just figured most people aren't really about the whole running incest joke.

Most of EndMasters stories are pretty good. I'd recommend reading Necromancer, then Death's Song, then Eternal.

Death's song is a sequel. Eternal has an Easter Egg from Necromancer in it.

Secrets of the Grass planet and the story before it are solid sci-fi.

Dead man walking is a good horror story.

Look around. I'm sure you'll find stuff you like. I'd recomend lurking more if you want t keep your current profile. If you bother the Admins like you have been, they're likely to ban you.

4 years ago

I aint read nothing.  My kids read this stuff.  I aint done nothing wrong so why you looking to big brother admins?  What kind of man says that lmao.  How do I post that laughing emoji here

4 years ago

He is being the nicest you can expect on here. Also you have done something wrong, for you see I hear the admins are allergic to autism, and you might give them a cold.

4 years ago

You do relize that allergies and the common cold are two different thing?  You are aware right?

4 years ago
He's a 13 year old from Kentucky, he's aware of nothing.

4 years ago
ok boomer

Get one of your kids to post, they're probably better at it if they read things. And also might have something more relevant to say about writing on this here writing site.

4 years ago

Your last point would make sense if this wasn't a forum post about the discord.  Which is what I'm talking about.  

4 years ago

The discord is certainly much worse in terms of profanity 

4 years ago

I'm 39 I don't care about no swears fr fr 

4 years ago

I meant more about the fact your kids could be lurking in the discord, if they use the site often

And the language and topics in the discord get quite profane

4 years ago

I teach my kids about the real world

They aint scared of no bad words.  As long as they don't use them in a disrespectful way they read whatever they want.  As long as they readin tho

4 years ago

Reading is good

4 years ago

You seem like a good fella, but prolly not the best fit for CYS in terms of our general humor

So youll prolly get ban hammered at some point, maybe not

4 years ago

Then I'll move on with my life.  Just wanted to make an account since my kids use this stuff 

4 years ago

Oh. Just showing up and being generally argumentative with anyone here will get you banned. I'm not calling them to ban you. I'm letting you know that you're likely to get banned. 

I never bother with emogi's. I think you need to import them here.

4 years ago
Being entertaining goes a long way though tbf.

4 years ago

It does. He already stated that he doesn't read or write though. I think the novelty of another non-reader/writer cluttering the forum will probably wear off soon.

4 years ago

You an isolationist? 

4 years ago

I don't think that word really applies here. I'm saying that you aren't contributing to the site, you refuse to contribute to the site, and you're mostly just making white noise here. If you aren't a writer or a reader why are you here?

I'm also heavily infering that this branch of the forums is a dumpster fire, and when the admins stop thinking it's funny you'll get banned from the site.

4 years ago

I don't need some yapper to warn me about admins.  Enjoy life bud I'm over with you 

4 years ago

Ha! Cool story bro. It's been fun trying to help you.

4 years ago
He is writing a story about some dude building a castle in the frozen wastes ... far away from society.

4 years ago

You have a fair point Bucky.

4 years ago
For what it's worth, I've been moderately entertained. He's actually almost cordial by CYS standards too.

4 years ago

O mighty admins. Smite thee with your judgment 

4 years ago

You know who is worse than the people who moderate forums?  The people who look up to them 

4 years ago

Whose alt are you? I put my bet on fisted dave. 

4 years ago

I'm real as you could be.  I aint no alt.  Alts are for pathetic people

4 years ago

You just admitted to being a alt by saying alts are for pathetic people

4 years ago

Check my insta then kid. 

4 years ago
Wow, that's so racist. Just because Dave is Nigerian it has to be Dave? But no, Dave can't pull this off.

And Ford I guess has found this dude's Instagram so he's apparently for real.

4 years ago
Literally all in some dialect. Can't read it.

4 years ago
Is there any particular reason you are trying to piss off as many people as possible?

4 years ago

Trying to sort to the bottom of this.  Problem? 

4 years ago
I'm trying to figure out why you spent nearly an entire hour and wrote nearly 300 words arguing with the members of the forum instead of just using that time to do something productive, which in turn would have probably led to you being able to get what you wanted.

Instead of just doing a simple task given to you by a moderator, you decided to insult numerous members of the site with an abysmal grasp of the English language, pretty much ensuring that you'll be banned when the novelty of this thread wears out.

4 years ago

Got my 300 words then.  How bout ya'll let me back on the discord 

4 years ago

I think it was made pretty clear that you just need to leave a review on one of the stories here to do that. An admin told you that. There aren't other options that will get you there.

4 years ago

I thought I said I was done with you.  Go toodle off 

4 years ago

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/ineptitude-2~3a-electric-boogaloo

Here. I'll even bring one of the stories to you. It's that simple.

4 years ago

My kids are alread asleep bud I aint wakin them up to satiate you 

4 years ago

Dude. I don't care if you get on the discord. I'm trying to help you achieve your goal here.

That's even a pretty short story. It's within your power to do this.

4 years ago

I'm bout to sleep.  

When I wake I better not see another message from you snubby in my box.  I'm tring to be nice to you bud.  Now I'm over you 

4 years ago

This is a forum dude. That's not how the internet works.

4 years ago

The idea is you would write the thing yourself instead of having your kid do it for you.

4 years ago
Don't worry, that ship has sailed.

4 years ago

Oh well. It was worth a try.

4 years ago
It's not up to me. And you were asked to write a review to be let back in. My advice would just be to do it.

4 years ago

I'd have my oldest right up some crap review and post it but that'd be plagarism 

4 years ago

Not exactly 

But, sure

4 years ago
He really hasn't insulted anyone.

4 years ago
Wholesome kid friendly material everywhere you look here, indeed.

4 years ago
Wow, this thread is still going on.

Are illiterate non contributing noobs really that novel?

4 years ago

What in the goddamn...?

4 years ago
Imagine being a teenager and checking the site you like to read stories from, and finding your dad here with a whole thread dedicated to his one line angry-posting.

4 years ago

I'm just like... He doesn't even read the stories.

His first response to a story freely given to him is "I'm not waking my kids up to have them read this"

Also he used some of the classic blunder keywords like "What kind of man does this", "I'm done with you" and "____, kid"

Is he a boomer

4 years ago
Maybe he can't read at all. I suspect that's the case for many users, actually. He's probably just using text to speech. Please have some compassion.

4 years ago

I'm getting secondhand embarrassment from just imagining that scenario. I don't think he knows what we're trying to tell him or frankly doesn't care, or both. 

4 years ago
To be fair, it's kind of a dad's job to embarass his kids. Though this is on a whole other level from dad jokes, the ol' pull my finger, and karoake night.

4 years ago
Hmm, let's see. Seems like we've got yet another 10 year old that threw a tantrum and ... 39?

Oh dear.

Look sir, I'm honestly not sure what you were trying to accomplish here. It seems to me like you don't even want to be in the Discord at all. Why would you be? You hate both reading and writing, and clearly don't think any more highly of the members of this site. So what do you even want to do there?

And even if you do want to get back into the CYS Discord for some reason, I still can't see the problem. You were given a small, simple task; something that someone who actually wanted to join the Discord would've had no problem doing. Just a test with which the server owners could judge if they made a mistake and you were a cool guy who likes CYOAs and who'd be fun to talk to, or if they were right in assuming you could not act maturely.

In case you can't guess, you've proven them right. You got offended, whined and insulted everyone, even those who were trying to help you, in bad English. Perhaps you might feel that, because of your age, you should be given more respect. But if you want to be treated by others like you're a mature adult, you should act like one, first.

Look at this. This whole thread. Would you honestly feel proud if you were acting like this in real life? Would you feel ok showing this friend to your family, friends, coworkers? Hell, your kids're probably going to see this eventually. What do you think they'll think? I hope they don't decide to learn how to be a good internet citizen from you.

I thought adults were supposed to be cool.

4 years ago
hey buddy u gonna make him fume

4 years ago

In my opinion, the fact that this guy is real and not just a really good troll makes the situation even funnier