Non-threaded

Forums » Creative Corner » Read Thread

Take part in collaborative works, share your short stories, poems, original artwork and more.

IWT 13: The Resurrection

4 years ago

In an effort to kickstart Infinite Story's rotten heart, we're holding a contest over there.

If you want to join up, go over there and post in the thread. All the instructions are over there in the link provided.

https://forums.infinite-story.com/forum/creative-writing/25579-iwt-13-the-resurrection

4 years ago
Pointless points will be awarded to those who distinguish themselves.

No enemy force over there this time, we're just going to rush across the border and overwhelm a couple of napping mall cops or something.

I'll be entering, of course. Can't really do anything else.

4 years ago
How many times?

4 years ago
At least twice.

You see, ninjapitka is my secret alt.

4 years ago
Ninjapitka is Theo on CYS and Mizal on IS. Don't tell anyone though.

4 years ago
Interesting site, thanks for the link. I want to enter but then I'd have three stories to write.

4 years ago
I joined after all.

Do we need to make story threads?

4 years ago

No, I don't care about all that weird extra stuff Bucky does.

Just make sure you turn in a story before the deadline and you'll be fine.

4 years ago
Just want to make it clear to people who are still on the fence while being too lazy to click: the "contest" gives four months to write twenty pages on a very broad theme, and the only risk is in getting to experience the OG SHAME pit over on IS, not here.

4 years ago
Approximately 3 months. I believe Easter is April 12th.

4 years ago
Three months to write twenty pages then.

4 years ago
I keep thinking how cool it would be if instead of the obvious vampires and necromancy someone did a more thoughtful and mature story based on the theme. Like a character overcoming alcoholism and reuniting with their estranged kids something.

But it's not gonna be me of course because generic fantasy is my element and I've got to keep it simple and also not gaf to ever finish a story at all.

4 years ago

What about an alcoholic vampire reuniting with his broodlings he created decades ago?

4 years ago

Remember that alcoholic vampires can only get drunk by feasting on the blood of victim who are themselves drunk.

4 years ago
Ooh, that gives me an idea for a feeding scene involving an opium den. Thanks~

4 years ago

Wasn't that a bit in Interviews with a Vampire or something? Freaking Lestat. I want that twink obliterated. 

4 years ago
My story is already as long as Honor Among Thieves was, and I still have almost three months to add to it. I've unpublished Honor Among Thieves by the way, but it's still in my profile. Thanks again to everyone who wrote reviews, when I write the new Redlion story it will be a lot better.

4 years ago
Why did you unpublish it?

4 years ago
Cupcake took hers down too. It's the usual post contest storycaust.

Although I'm hoping Cupcake puts hers back up again since all she really had to do was click the spots after the quotation marks and hit enter twice.

4 years ago
You guys with accounts should really go to Megumeme's thread and support the request for dark mode. Because every time I go to try to work on my story it just hurts, and I know I can't be alone there.

4 years ago
Well, my first gamr for the contest is done and Public in IS but I need proofreaders if someone wants to try it The cursed night I hope have the second one ended next week.

4 years ago
I fixed the link to make it clickable.

I'll just point out the fact that titles are supposed to be capitalized for now. I'll try take a look at the rest when I can but I'm desperately trying to finish a storygame right now as well. Yours will be a fun one though from what I've seen of it.

4 years ago

Finished Soul Thief :~)

4 years ago

Well glad to see someone else with some motivation here.

4 years ago

Done second game The Phoenix Whip https://infinite-story.com/story/room.php?id=178188

4 years ago

Just a reminder that all participants for this contest have until 11:59 pm TONIGHT to turn in their stories for this contest.

So far got 4 stories (2 from Mara) so it's already about the average number that IS pulled in for contest participants. (And those took all year sometimes)

4 years ago
Cys people are far superior to old deceased IS people.

4 years ago

Oh that looks like that's time. Everyone who joined and didn't submit anything will be thrown in the Pit of SHAME.

I'll get around to announcing a winner at some point. Stay tuned!

4 years ago

Okay well I might as well post the rankings and get this over with. I've procrastinated long enough.

First though, despite my general sloth and loathing of reading through contest stories (or any stories but mine for that matter) I actually did like all of them. So I ultimately based the winner on the stories closest to the theme which was resurrection.

Going by that, MHD won. The whole gods thing of resurrection/rebirth thing worked the best with hers. Though given the pics she used, it looked like she made fanfic of me and Mizal and just called the characters something different.

Moving on to second place, would be Mara's brian in a jar story. This one probably came the next closest to resurrection due to the video game nature of the piece. Under normal circumstances, this one probably would have been disqualified due to being broken on IS, but since I was able to read it over here on CYS to the end, Infinite's coding system is probably still a little buggy due to being new and most importantly I'm the only judge that's bothering with any of this essentially the only rules to this contest are mine anyway.

Third place is Ninja which story I read first. In fact I liked that one so much I figured that one was going to win and it probably would have had the theme been Noir or the best Sin City attempt. Unless I missed it, I didn't really see a resurrection theme though.

As for Mara's second story, I got lazy and haven't finished it (yet). I think I just stumbled on the potential resurrection bit, but since she already got second place and the western theme isn't grabbing me as much as the other stories, and it's only just an IS contest, I'm calling it now.

In any case I'm not sure why Mara's always concerned about what the CoGite faggots say about her writing, seemed fine to me. If they're publishing the likes of Tevin the Incel Gangsta and Suicidal Sammy over there, pretty sure there would be a place for whatever Mara does.

Anyway I'll be passing out points soon to the ones who bothered to submit something. Fortunately for the rest of you, there will be no CYS SHAME for your failure, but you do currently have IS SHAME which isn't that big of a deal for Mizal since she's had it for years.

EDIT: Okay, I got a zombie ending for the Western one Mara wrote. So going to say this one came in second place and disqualify the brain one for fucked up coding on IS.

What does this mean? Nothing. Mara still got second place and I still rated all the stories fairly high.

Carry on.

4 years ago
Commended by mizal on 4/20/2020 1:59:02 PM

4 years ago
CONGRATULATIONS MHD I liked your story it is really elegant and ethereal. And Yes IS editor is a pain in the ass. I have lots of problems with it

4 years ago

Thanks so much!

4 years ago
Congrats!

4 years ago
Thanks for putting on the contest. I'm honored to make it in the top 5 entries. In mine, I went for a obscure approach to resurrection and threw in hooker zombies as a literal accompaniment. Anyway, I'm happy to be sitting in third place. Great stuff, Mara and MHD, a well-deserved victory for MHD.

4 years ago
Congrats to everyone who entered! Now, let's never speak of IS again.

3 years ago
I'm sorry I forgot about this. I'm going to move what I have to this site and finish it.

3 years ago
It looks like my Infinite Story account was hacked. I changed the one here because it was the same and easy to guess. I can't even be mad, I've had this happen on another site before, I should've learned the first time. :(