Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Greetings from the Griffin!

4 years ago

Hello, my name is Wanderflight, a griffin who loves to read and write stories about fantasy, adventure, thriller (at least thinking about writing my first one along with romance,) comedy and sci-fi (albeit on occasion.)

I hope everyone is having a good day/afternoon/night wherever you live. It's great to be here!

4 years ago

Welcome! Good to have you.

As you say you love to read and write, I'll just point out this article in case it may help you (albeit I do not know if you punctuate dialogue correctly or not, but a surprisingly large number of people don't, so might as well lead with it): Dialogue Punctuation.

Fantasy is a very popular category on this site, so you should have plenty to read for the time being. I know of at least a few people who would recommend Endmaster's stuff. Alternatively, take a look at this thread: Highlights of the Past Year. It has links to many good and recent stories, of which not all are fantasy!

At any rate, don't be afraid to ask questions, or to ask for feedback on your writing, but do be aware that the people might be a bit more honest than you are used to (depending on which corner of the internet you've come from). Regardless, I think you'll do fine, even if it might be too early to tell.

4 years ago

Thank you for the dialogue article; it was very helpful to me. I'm hard-of-hearing and this affects my speech and pronunciation, so if my writing sounds "off," you are free to point it out. This is my second time in this niche, as my first account is on another site called Writing.com. It's an old site, but still up. I haven't written any stories on there either, because you have to pay for the option.

I also want to thank you for your recommendations. I have played one of Endmaster's story games, Rouge, and it's a good game so far.  As for my attitude with feedback, I will admit that criticism for me can be tough to adjust, as I am a sensitive female griffin, but I will appreciate it nonetheless! Constructive criticism is a vital role in any part of life; including your work. Thank you for taking the time to read this blub of text and for your help, Zake. I do hope you are having a pleasant day, afternoon or evening.

4 years ago
There is a game by EndMaster related to Rogues called Innkeeper that you might enjoy when you are done. It's considerably shorter and very good.

4 years ago
Welcome to the site, I do hope you enjoy your time here.

4 years ago

Thanks for welcoming me. I'm still a little nervous about writing my stories on a public platform, as I'm doubtful about my written work, but I decided to try my hand at this and see where it goes!