Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

God save the...

3 years ago

...Queen. I'm from England. Sorry, @Gower. Can't be helped, really.

I've been lurking around CYS for a while, playing with friends from time to time, and looking forward to writing about a dozen storygames all at once, cos I have too many ideas. (So many good ideas on here to give me ideas...) I'll probably even finish one or two.

God save the...

3 years ago
Do you know Gower?

Does that mean you're from that other site?

Anyhow, sounds like you've got idea-itis. I know how that is. You're already suffering enough.

God save the...

3 years ago

Yeah, CYS only gonna make it worse I guess...

Oh no, I can't say I know Gower, more than I know what I'm having for dinner next week. I just know he disapproves of us Brits' laxness when it comes to commas. That I do know.

Other side of the pond perhaps, but I don't know the other site, sorry...

God save the...

3 years ago

If you dont know the other site then you should keep it that way

God save the...

3 years ago

Wisdom indeed. I consider myself warned.

God save the...

3 years ago
Gower is a mod at another site and sometimes he lures people here for us to bully and throw rocks at.

But it doesn't seem you need to worry about that. All your paperwork is in order, carry on citizen.

Cause no trouble. Glory to CYStia.

God save the...

3 years ago

Oof! Cystia sounds like a worse disease than idea-itis. But maybe I'm unversed in the diseases creatives suffer from. On your side of the pond, at least.

How interesting. For someone so well-spoken that seems really quite low. Nope, definitely not me. I'm not from there, never, no...

Ah, no trouble. Hmm. Can't promise that. I'll blame the idea-itis when I do. Err, if I do... (!)

God save the...

3 years ago

I don't disapprove of your commas.  I just raise one eyebrow slightly and say nothing.

Now, the oo_ word, that, I disapprove of.

God save the...

3 years ago

Ah...Well, you see, to a Brit, a raised eyebrow and potentially withheld criticism is tantamount to a harsh rebuke. We're funny like that.

Shouldn't that be **f?

God save the...

3 years ago

So is CYStia an established term?

God save the...

3 years ago

Really? As a citizen of the Republic of Tea and Crumpets myself, I'd say by biggest grammatical crime is my over use of commas. (That and my apparent inability of distingushing its from it's.)

God save the...

3 years ago

Hooray! Another blighted neighbour! How do you do?

Republic, though....? Not last time I checked...now that would surely spoil the tea!

God save the...

3 years ago

At this point I'm happy if I don't see i'ts on a paper.

God save the...

3 years ago
So how do you feel about Sid Vicious' version?

God save the...

3 years ago

If I'm honest that's more prominent in my mind than our national anthem. Me and my housemate (English) live with an American, and no sooner is 'God save the queen' out of his mouth, than 'and the fascist regime' comes out of mine...we use it - conveniently - more to rile our housemate than anything else.

Not that I'm radically (or even meaningfully) anti-monarchy, but, as is the case for many true Brits, we're just fairly indifferent to the royals. Germans love the royal family, I know. And hey, they're good for our economy, right? I'ts interesting seeing Harry himself rebel and leave that all behind. I wonder what he makes of the Sex Pistols' version :)

God save the...

3 years ago
That's pretty funny actually!

God save the...

3 years ago

Crumpet-loving anarchists. The worst kind. I've heard some of the really hardcore mutineers even dunk their crumpets in their tea...

God save the...

3 years ago

(Meant to follow the comment about Avery being an anarchist !) No deliberate anarchical mis-replying involved...

God save the...

3 years ago

I'd be curious to hear Avery's take on this too.

God save the...

3 years ago
I hear she's an anarchist to the core haha!

God save the...

3 years ago
Welcome to the site! And yes, beware the Gower glare! It can be intimidating...

God save the...

3 years ago
>->

God save the...

3 years ago

Thanks! I've landed a cosy place amongst the order of the architects :) (What are we, Hufflepuff, something like that? Or Ravenclaw?)

God save the...

3 years ago

We do our very best to avoid making such comparisons. 

But we all know who Hufflepuff is.