Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Looting For Great Justice!

3 years ago

3 years ago
LA's getting in on it too. Getting all warmed up to party like it's '92 I hope!

You know that time when they killed 60 people in less than a week, injured a couple thousand, did a billion dollars of damage and accomplished absolutely nothing except all the black people eventually just targeting a different minority instead of the police they were supposed to be mad at.

But that was 30 years ago. Times have changed...now they can spread the plague on top of it! ^_^

Glad Axiom is finally getting all her wishes coming true anyway. Hope it's worth it.

3 years ago
lol fags

3 years ago
Speaking of fags, the French spent most of last year rioting, and they were notably less trashy and fat while they did it so more sympathetic by default.

Also Hong Kong is rioting again for unrelated reasons, if anyone cares about that.

3 years ago
Honk Kong is like the stupid prodigy child on a talent show that everyone forgot about when the big boys came in.

3 years ago
lol

3 years ago
^

3 years ago
Oh and while everything was being distracted by a bunch of violent frothing dipshits, actual history was being made by the first manned launch from an America shuttle in almost a decade and the first launch of a manned shuttle by a private company ever.

Thanks to our boy Elon, rich people will hopefully soon be able to live in self sufficient colonies in space while they watch this gay Earth burn.

3 years ago
Subhuman shitstains need to be removed from society.

3 years ago
Ignorant fools.

3 years ago
I guess it's just the introvert in me, but I can't feel anything but extremely repulsed when I see large groups of sweaty shouty people. Even if they weren't a bunch of shrieking idiots senselessly destroying things it's hard to have any empathy, and tbh I don't think I would feel very bad if tanks started running them over or maybe somebody wanted to get in there and play GTA a little while. Fire in a population dense place has a way of spreading and killing people a lot more indiscriminately than even that would. All those alt right fuckheads in Michigan should have been mowed down last month when they stormed government buildings while open carrying too for that matter, so don't read that as a lol ironic fascism thing. (If I wanted to be facist I probably wouldn't bother being ironic about it, I think that would probably be missing one of the key points of being fascist...) I'm just happy the guy from Liberia who was on duty as a fire fighter while the business he poured his life savings into was burned down has had a wildly successful GoFundMe. There are still decent people out there willing to step up and help when someone's been put through some shit, even if none of them are currently out on the streets making a spectacle of themselves so the Canadians can laugh at us again.

3 years ago
When I saw those Michigan protests and that they were saying lockdown was 'unconstitutional' I almost couldn't believe it, until I remembered American alt rights can't help but jack each other off about their constitutional rights at every family gathering, weekly shop, or just about anything else they do day to day.

3 years ago
I have been to these family gatherings. Let me tell you they turn uncomfortably gay when all the dicks get whipped out over the apple pie. Not that I'd refer to them as alt right, these are just ordinary rednecks (ruled by their matriarch Karen who is actually *named* Karen for convenient identification purposes...) and alt right is a pretty specific term for a certain brand of extremists.

3 years ago

You think you've got it bad? Here in the U.K. the riots are out of control!

3 years ago
George Floyd is avenged!! Good riots everyone, mission accomplished, time to pack it up and go home.

3 years ago
Some comments from the Skybreak author (who just graduated law school in Minnesota) which I thought were sort of interesting. In part because it confirms for me that a lot of the destruction is being caused by anarchist fuckheads coming from elsewhere to start shit or else experienced stealers doing actual premeditated stealings and just using all of this for a cover. Which I'd heard in a couple of other places but was still regarding as possibly FAKE NEWS. And also it's just nice to know there are still civilized people who can and do know how to do an actual legit protests left in the world, who aren't just randomly smashing windows and burning shit because of their terrible parents and assorted brain problems.

3 years ago
They should have lynched the policeman and be done with it, like we do it in India. Hundreds of people losing their business because of autistic retards and bad orange man.

3 years ago
The murderer was charged with murder, with the special add on of 'evincing a depraved mind'.

I'm not sure how many of the fucktarded looters noticed or cared to begin with.

What they're all doing now is just making normal people go "oh hey wow looks like we really do need the police, and need them to crack down harder. A few brutalities directed at other people is very much preferable to everyone being out of a job and on fire."

The angry idiots are all just working against their own cause--the ones that had a cause in the first place anyway beyond just embracing the chaos--and it may counterproductive for any real change to happen. As well as just an extremely shitty situation for people just trying to maintain a normal life when everything was already fucked enough by the virus. The focus is all on the violence and destruction now and not on the city officials able to control the police just routinely letting them do whatever and looking the other way.

Although with some of these places I can't see how burning to the ground could be anything but an improvement tbh. And either way I'm just kind of watching the show and going lol, city people.

3 years ago
Can't believe the rioters beat up this obviously mentally disabled man and lit his car on fire. Wow! Unfair! But Salt Lake City is full of D&D players and somehow no one ever told him not to bring a bow into melee range?

3 years ago
Aragorn he was not.

3 years ago

3 years ago
I love how the guy in the back wears his mask.

3 years ago
And now that a black politician had been targeted by the police, it raises the number of politicians that have ever cared about a black person being targeted by the police from 0 to 1.

3 years ago

LMAO. Yeah, they've been beating the shit out of reporters too, which of course gives the media a nice shot of the cops faces while they pepper spray the camera men.

3 years ago

This is just lol.

The expression on the pic is just priceless. 

3 years ago
They also peppersprayed this grandmotherly looking congresswoman in Columbus. Here she is pictured not being nearly so damn dramatic about it: And there was another, assemblywoman Diana Richarson, who isn't getting as much attention since they're probably worried people will remember she beat her 12 year old son with a broomstick a few years ago and got away with it. There have been other high profile people too and so honestly the cops have really fucked up with that more than with anything else they've done. Most people in America don't have the attention span of a goldfish, but this will probably have consequences even after everyone has moved on to the next thing.

3 years ago

This is vey worrying: The death of George Floyd was a tragedy, but tragedies happen. Looting happens, but in the big picture it is negligible, merely a distraction. What worries me is the loss of accountability. The action of the police suggest that they feel that they can act extrajudicially with impunity. In the 1930s the same happened in Germany, and you know the outcome. If you have lived in America all your life this may sound unreal, but the risk is there. The citizens of Weihmar Republic never expected it could happen to them.

3 years ago
Which 'the police' do you mean exactly that are doing this, because there's several thousand police forces that vary as much as the culture of their individual communities do. And that's ignoring sheriff departments for the sake of simplicity.

I can't say I've noticed anything objectionable in the behavior of any of my local police, and I interact with sheriffs pretty often.

I mean I'm not surprised that officers drawn from shitty populations of shitty cities run by shitty officials will frequently behave shittily, but accountability has to come in at the local level. There's been a definite failing of that in Minneapolis and Seattle and many other cities, but please keep my police out of the discussion of their police.

3 years ago

I like my local police as well and of course the police are not a uniform block (no pun intended), some are good people some are bad people. What I am saying is that some safeguards have gone missing. ;)

3 years ago
It is important to keep these wife-beating trigger-happy bunch in check. In India, a group of policemen shot 4 accused in cold blood and the whole country was celebrating it, no protests, no arrests, nothing.

3 years ago
In India, you also make two dollars a day and shit directly on the street. We don't want to be India.

3 years ago
Exactly, thankfully US citizen do seem to be protesting against this casual murder.

3 years ago
Well that was four guys who kidnapped, raped and murdered a 27 year old woman so, while not a celebration I'm not sure if we'd exactly be having any riots over that either. But yes your country finally seems to have developed some kind of consciousness of the fact that everyone constantly doing horrible things to women is bad, so just enjoy that for what it is. I'm sure the finer points of criminal justice will come in time.

3 years ago
That's the fun part, the police had no proof that those 4 did it except a confession given on police custody (which is you know not really a confession). They were under extreme pressure from the public and local political bodies to do something about it quickly and might have as well killed 4 innocent people to get off the hook. I won't claim whether the 4 were innocent or not, but it was pretty surprising to see everyone celebrating it as if it was the second coming of Jesus.

Also, yes there are so many rape-murder cases in India that it is easy to get confused.

3 years ago
Oh, well okay yeah then that's bad. I kept seeing references to the text she made to her sister so I was assuming some kind of evidence there. And there had to be something specific there for them to know what had happened at all if the body was burned. But even if they were guilty you obviously don't want Indian police just shooting every rapist they encounter, there aren't enough bullets for that anyhow and many of them would also have to turn the guns on themselves.

3 years ago

Yeah, but weren't those "4 accused" the guys who kidnapped that woman on the bus and brutally raped her to death?

Edit: What miz said.

3 years ago
No actually, this was a completely different horrible murder-rape.
“The Hyderabad case centers on a young veterinarian who had parked her motor scooter near a toll plaza on the evening of Nov. 27 and came back from an appointment to find that its rear tire was flat. A group of truck drivers offered to help her, the police said, but she suspected that she was in danger,” according to the New York Times. “The police said that the men had in fact deflated the tire as part of a plot to kidnap the young woman. The police added that the men had been drinking. They dragged the woman, who the police said was in her mid-20s, to a bushy area nearby and assaulted her. They then suffocated her and burned her body.”
I think she texted her sister about not trusting them but it was too late to actually get away at that point.

3 years ago
Enforcing those safeguards and most forms of accountability is up to local government though. And while that leads to situations where over the years a lot of corruption has been able to seep in in various places, the only way to really enforce a standard and clean house on a nationwide level there is much closer to the situation you said you were most worried about.

Police are controlled by local government, and local government is controlled by voters. Let's hope that if nothing else this means everyone will be less apathetic about their local elections this year. Those are the only places in US politics where individuals CAN have a real effect to begin with, and the results more directly affect their lives than anything happening in the White House.

I agree though that things had obviously reached a bad point in Minneapolis when the officer that murdered Floyd clearly thought this was a perfectly fine thing to do in front of cameras and witnesses and that there would be no consequences. His record is such that he should've been fired long before he escalated things to casual murder. But that's the city's fuckup, and one that they've hopefully now learned not to repeat.

Of course I'm also pretty convinced that society will never learn anything but the exact wrong lessons from anything that ever happens. (And only ever figure out the right ones a few decades later, before promptly applying it to their new, different problems are like an angry retard child insistently trying to jam a square peg into a round hole ..)

3 years ago

Well said. Hope you are right about local elections. Some DOJ oversight would be even better though.

3 years ago
My town had like 25 people show up in front of the police station to chant 'Don't Shoot' in front of a news camera and look vaguely silly.

Mostly Karens, a couple of reluctant husbands, and some of them brought their kids along.

The police offered them bottled water afterwards, probably under the mistaken belief that all the middle aged women were raising and lowering their arms for an aerobics class.

There was one Muslim lady so that was interesting because I've never seen her around before. But maybe they rented her for the occasion because they needed SOME form of minority.

3 years ago
So the cop had charges upgraded to second degree murder, and the other cops that were just hanging around watching this happen are being charged with aiding and abetting.

To me the thing that's come out of all this as most upsetting and the most likely to have long term consequences is the reveal that so much of the destruction I was initially getting pissed at rioters for is now confirmed to have been planned, caused, and funded by people who are essentially terrorists. Been listening to these people bitch and whine and lust for anarchy and mass death for years and I guess some of them are now using this as a test run.

So the fallout from that should be fun, especially since it can only really escalate from here. Looters and arsonists today, probably mass shooters and bombs before long all for the retarded agenda of spoiled kids whose wealthy parents sent them off to college to be inducted into a cult.

3 years ago

I think it is right that the three others have been charged. At the same time I hope they will be acquitted, because they were basically all new on the job. In many other western countries there is a mandatory trial if someone dies an unnatural death. It would be nice to do the same in the US. I have much more faith in the outcome when there was a proper trial rather than just a DA making up his mind whether to bring charges.

3 years ago

To sum up

3 years ago
I'm just really amused there were protesters riding horses in Houston the other day. Even if things eventually did go wrong there it seems like they've been handling it better than most of these cities.

Just really unfortunate that 60k people nearish to me all crammed themselves together a few hours during a global pandemic.

3 years ago
Meanwhile Brazil flexing on US with 30K new cases a day.

3 years ago

I swear I didn't write this first one.

The South may not rise again, but their falling statues are still dangerous.

3 years ago
I'm sure plenty of have thought of the first one already, the tendency for people to be that way is kind of why laws exist in the first place.

The guy getting smooshed by the statue is on video, just like all the other jackassery lately. He's still alive somehow and I don't understand how, or how more people weren't seriously hurt considering the jaw dropping idiocy and lack of understanding of concepts like 'gravity' on display as they all cluster around the fatally heavy object and pull it *towards* them. But I guess people with work experience doing anything physical and basic common sense don't tend to join Antifa.

Anyway, I just learned Antifa is coming to Gonzales in a few days so that should be interesting. I'm sure it's reasonable for them to think they'd be able to freely bully a tiny town of 7000 people under other circumstances, but attacking Gonzales and a lot of those little towns around there known mostly for their history is going to be looked at by everyone in the area like dropping their pants and shitting directly on the Alamo while screaming that they hate Jesus and John Wayne.

3 years ago
Oh and the reason is because they're mad Gonzales has a statue of the leader of the Republic of Texas. You know, the hero of the the Texas Revolution who took out Santa Anna and avenged the massacre of the Alamo, who also voted for slave-free territories and was against joining the Confederacy. The guy adopted by the Cherokee who had Houston, the most diverse city in the nation named after him. That guy. Texas needs to just STOP with caring about this racist loser, damn. He should be erased from history.

3 years ago

Apparently Popular Mechanics felt the need to write an article on how to properly topple a statue.

3 years ago

ethics aside, it's pretty fuckin funny that we've collectively reached the point where this magazine for dorks is adivisng people to use homemade thermite on monuments 

3 years ago
So I think liberals are done caring about equality for awhile, judging by how butthurt and angry they're getting over low income kids being able to attend better schools.

I've been too busy this week to go delving into any kind of social media outbursts where I'm sure there true lols are to be had, but a highlight so far has been an article I found that cited quotes from fucking Thomas Jefferson and James Madison as part of their argument. It's like, make up your minds people, are you tearing their statues down or propping up their corpses to make your points (about how poor minorities don't deserve an education)?

3 years ago

https://twitter.com/i/status/1278625129514168320

Perhaps the boogaloo isn't over yet. If I can get more laughs out of retarded ancoms getting beat up by policemen it'll be worth it.

3 years ago
Oh, and they're going to be removing the Emancipation Memorial in Boston. The money for building it was raised entirely by former slaves but hey, fuck those guys.

Although at least it's being removed legally and following a petition, because yes, it is possible to do that kind of thing like civilized people and get results without turning into a frothing mob of retards over it.

I'm not sure if the cities that have been having all the property damage will have the funds to replace any of these statues with statues of something more popular and acceptable. (Really hard to see why they'd bother sinking that kind of money into fixing anything for a bunch of animals who prefer to live in a trash heap to just tear it down again ofc, let alone prettify it with expensive memorials...) But in this case there was an earlier design suggestion for the Emancipation Memorial that had black Civil War soldiers along with Lincoln, that had be scrapped at the because of the expense. So replicating that that would be a cool idea, if any of these kids were capable of being satisfied with anything.

I kind of am over caring about a lot of this stuff, realistically I don't really gaf if people want to shit in the place where they eat, but it really really bugs me seeing so much history just dismissed completely or else dumbed down to er, black and white. Nothing good ever comes of that, but on the other hand I think everyone is soon to be too much of a twitchy vacant eyed jelly creature restlessly tabbing through Twitter on multiple monitors to notice or care.

Also there's the fact that a bunch of old statues aren't hurting anybody, but the widespread corruption within the police in some of cities that never got fully sorted out before they all changed focus like the ADD little shortbus kids they are still can.

Shooting For Great Justice!

3 years ago
It's a shame he stopped shooting when the mob of "protesters" backed off. It's almost like he wants to put up a self-defense claim or something, where he only shot enough of them to keep them from beating him to death for having the balls to try protecting his own business from arson.

Yeah, so we're through carring about looters and rioters and fucktards in office doing fuck all for law and order.

Time to start shooting, I guess.

3 years ago

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/26/us/kenosha-wisconsin-wednesday-shooting/index.html

Apparently this guy was from out of state and so it wasn't his business he was defending. It's clear that he came only to stir up trouble and that's what he did. 

Property destruction isn't worth shooting someone over regardless. 

3 years ago

I would agree with you up until the point where someone starts destroying my property, then I just don't know if we could see eye to eye. I imagine a lot of other people feel similarly. I guess arsonists and vandals are only justified if they do it when they do it when the owner isn't around, so the owner can no longer shoot them. Looters, arsonists, etc. already prove by their nature that they aren't really interested in the causes they hide behind, you'd really be doing BLM a favor by shooting them. Though, this guy was clearly just shooting at protesters, so the line was crossed to begin with.

3 years ago
Yeah, lots of people die over property. Just ask the native americans.

3 years ago
Really can tell how COVID has affected our nation when a shooter that doesn't even achieve double digits manages to get all over the news.

Now the the schools are reopened I assume it's only a matter of time till someone shows him how to do this properly.

But as a rich Asian kid reliant on his parents it's of course easy to see why Coins thinks that things he never had to work for and doesn't personally need for anything don't matter. Also he of course sees strange men barge into his home and enter his mom's room daily, and was trained from a young age never to try and stop them.

I wasn't even going to touch on that though since it didn't seem to be this guy's motive from the stuff I skimmed about it, he was just there to fire his weapon a few times and thankfully the police where there to stop him. (They had different kinds of moms.)

3 years ago
It was a 17 year old kid. Wonder what the hell went down. Should make for an interesting trial though.

3 years ago

I really don't think the court is going to treat him nicely. All signs point to him just being an uppity kid that just wanted to shoot someone. Unless something comes out during the trial, their only  motivation to shoot was that they saw protesters out after curfew, and then they tripped.

3 years ago
Yeah from your other post it sounds like you guys are getting more details in your local news. Just another mentally ill teen with a gun. This was the one major thing it had been refreshing having a break from this year.

I wonder if they'll uncover some dirt on the group itself, like could it actually have conceivably been dangerous before this random idiot happened, or was it like Mardox and his group of Orthodox LARPers planning to take over the country from within, and then this random idiot happened.

3 years ago

*tripped and got assaulted by a mob.

3 years ago
I'm just going to go on a limb here and say that anybody who goes to somebody else's city or state with a gun for the sole purpose of starting shit is not the sympathetic character here.

Actually, between the shooter, the mob, and the police who didn't seem to really care if a kid was shooting people, there are no likeable characters here at all! Which is why I tuned out, because I never did care for these kinds of shows or see the point.

Not sure why people feel the need to take sides when all parties involved are part of the same disease.

3 years ago
Here is quite a detailed analysis with lots of video clips for those who like such things.

3 years ago

Wow what an unbiased impartial source

3 years ago
The truth is always unbiased.

3 years ago

>That’s an unpopular opinion among the Marxists trying desperately to remold our nation into a hellhole, of course. They’re putting in overtime painting him as Literally Hitler. 

Doesn't seem very unbiased to me. 

3 years ago
Coins, I'm gonna be honest, I've tried to dissuade you from posting in political threads, because you don't use the forum much and I don't want you to wind up like Fazz where that's all you ever talk about while growing increasingly cranky.

And even Fazz at least had previous accomplishments with the reputation for great reviews in the past, while you have

3 years ago

3 years ago
^Have to admit, it's still staying above water too.

3 years ago

Meanwhile in Chicago and Philadelphia, black lives continue not to matter. Over 60 shot in Chicago over the last two days and over 2000 this year, I wonder why that isn't news?

The only reason Kenosha is significant at all is because Sentinel and his parents live in Wisconsin. They just need take their cheese and leave.

3 years ago

We're in a very rural area. There's a sharp boundary where the city ends and a vast sea of green that no Florida Man can cross without an appropriately sized landboat begins.

3 years ago
All in all though, Wisconsin has find a WEIRD way to celebrate National Dog Day, I don't like it.

(or Basically Fog Day, as my phone was trying to insist)

3 years ago

LMAO okay, the local news doesn't wanna cover the whole story but apparently the Kenosha Shooter (not the police one) was a Flatlander (That means somebody (usually an asshole) from Illinois, for those of you from far away places) who was part of a group of "militia" crackpots who like to LARP that they're part of the military reserve without any of the nasty side effects of training or being sent to the middle east. They're pro-police for some reason and offered to come "help" the cops somehow under the assumption that Kenosha Police would be outnumbered by protesters.

This 17 year old kid decided to start shooting because this group of people was out past curfew. Kenosha police slowly rolled up and went "Hey kid, be careful, get out of here!" while everyone was screaming that there was a shooter and that shooter was him. He was only arrested later. Police responded to this on twitter with "If they weren't outside after curfew, they wouldn't have been shot"

Ah, fuck cities.

3 years ago
Maybe I'm just starting to crack from sleep deprivation, but this was morbidly funny to me on several levels.

But realistically though I think Kenosha needs to accept that if the mob can't handle one autistic kid with a gun, they probably can't successfully overthrow the police. F.

But yeah 'fuck cities' so far is the real theme of 2020. Everyone wants to get mad at the number two thousand and twenty, but it's really clear where all the actual problems are coming from. Meanwhile pretty sure the normal people are just tuning into the news occasionally and patiently waiting for these creeps in these blighted alien hellscapes that keep appearing on the screen to all just hurry up and die or at least stop making so much noise about it.

If Covid had been swifter acting and more fatal it really would have improved the world imo, and would've been all done running its course months ago.

3 years ago
Well let me take that back, not ALL the problems. Laura is pretty bad. So 2020 is a year that so far had a bad hurricane and then a bunch of urban populations suffering from self inflicted problems that occasionally spilled out to other places. Hell, even Australia was burned down intentionally.

3 years ago
Oh and since somebody asked if I really am one of those edgy fags wanting to wipe out most of humanity, the answer is: yes but only at certain times of the month. But I do genuinely think modern cities + the extra dose of alienation and sociopathy from social media is a profoundly unnatural way for humans to live, and it's turned out some profoundly unnatural humans. Who knows though, maybe going apeshit on one another is just Nature's way of sorting such problems out. I've stopped paying attention to most of this stuff though, at the end of the day the people making the most noise still haven't figured out anything to say, and I'm too busy piling up all these paychecks with T H I C C time and a half to be dancing around in the street with an umbrella or whatever. I thought we had all identified what the problem was with the police in those places months ago and steps were going to be taken to start to fix it but...nope, the left doesn't want that any more than the right does, or they wouldn't be so desperate to distract everyone any time there's any danger of any sort of process that would lead to actual results being begun.

3 years ago

Kind of hard to know the exact details since different stories and timelines float around the internet, but it sounds like he was protecting a dealership with a bunch of other armed friends (which the police were apparently appreciative of and gave the kid a water bottle,) but when he got separated from the group he got mobbed/attacked/shot at. And there was another gunman before him, about a minute and a half before he shot the first guy.

"While Mr. Rittenhouse is being pursued by the group, an unknown gunman fires into the air, though it’s unclear why. The weapon’s muzzle flash appears in footage filmed at the scene. Mr. Rittenhouse turns toward the sound of gunfire as another pursuer lunges toward him from the same direction. Mr. Rittenhouse then fires four times, and appears to shoot the man in the head." [New York Times] 

3 years ago

That wasn't a "shield wall" that was a house of cards. Lol.

3 years ago

Shoulda watched 300 one more time, they almost had it! 

3 years ago
Lol, fags.

3 years ago
I'd seriously wondered before why these kids in Antifa and others so passionate about wanting better police never grew up to join the police force in order to fix it from within. And now I realize: it's because they're dweebs.

At least find some fat lesbians to guard the front, people. Work with what you have.

3 years ago
Ship them all to Belarus.

3 years ago
Watched it again now when I could pay more attention, and I don't think there's been enough appreciation for that one officer running ahead of the pack like the goddamn Terminator. What a chad. Also afterwards one of the recommendations was this video of some ibex climbing a dam to lick salt and just not giving a single fuck: Hell yeah, you go little guys.

3 years ago
I like salt

3 years ago

Maybe Avery can run an animal themed contest some day, that's all about interesting critters doing everyday stuff in death-defying ways.

3 years ago

His form is weak though. He doesn't go nearly low enough to knok someone down, and just kinda impacts against the shield. 

The real chad is the one who goes low to smack the dude in the leg like he's a marauding Gaul clubbing a panicking Roman in the knee.

3 years ago
Well true I guess he could just be the dumb jock of the group they sent in first to momentarily distract the dweebs. Or else this was the deleted scene from Forrest Gump where he briefly joined the police force.

This is just so satisfying to watch though and the longer I went without sleep the funnier it got. I wish police would stick to just brutalizing antifa kids, I think that's a compromise everyone can get behind.

They're not even good at being antifa, why are they yelling about burning things down instead of just doing it like all the others. Kids these days just have no gumption, sad state of affairs all around smh.

That's not even getting into the pointlessness of a 'shield wall' that lets the enemy easily just sort of jog around to hit you from the unprotected side before you can even turn around.

3 years ago

Antifa shot and killed some guy with a thin blue line patch in Portland, so now they're cheering and dancing about that. 

Justice and stuff. 

4chan already did their thing and figured out who the shooter (allegedly) was. 

3 years ago

He was part of a caravan that was there to stir up trouble 

3 years ago

Oh, in that case.

3 years ago
Honestly I think any sane or decent people left in Portland are just idiots if they didn't see the writing on the wall a long time ago. Place has always been a shithole full of drug addicts and freaks, and people have been getting murdered left and right the last couple of months. It's one of those cities like Seattle though where there's no real downside to just letting it eat itself. Should be interesting to see if the group the guy was in will retaliate in some way. Best Portland story I've see so far though was the little shitstain who threw an IED at a courthouse getting outed by his own grandma, that one made me chuckle. He was wearing the vest she bought him.

3 years ago

Most of the Seattle stuff I haven't had to worry about since I don't quite live near enough for it to affect me, yet. Closest was a big BLM protest organized (by an uber-woke white person, of course) that my neighborhood had a meltdown over. Some wanted to literally board up their houses, and others wanted to literally take their toddlers to go see the important historic protest - chance of arson be damned. It didn't help that there'd been looting, arson, and window smashing in the area for a couple nights in some nearby businesses, and the circle of rioting was slowly closing in on our little piece of the suburbs. But the wierdest were the people insisting that mobs are perfectly safe so long as you agree with them, businesses could just magically fix themselves so it didn't hurt anything, and if you felt you needed to board your house up then you really deserved to be set on fire.

It all fizzled out without anything interesting happening. About a hundred people showed up apparently (mostly woke white suburban housemoms) and all congratulated themselves on Nextdoor after for doing their part to stop injustice, or something. And no more businesses were hit in our area for a while so the topic went promptly back to being ignored in favor of complaints of suspicious vans and missing kitties.

3 years ago
It's true that unfortunately we can't write off Seattle completely yet because we have some CYStians in and around it. You guys will have to be collected and brought safely to the CYS bunker before we can make the popcorn.

What these places really need is a heat index of 110+ like we're getting daily here, that'll send them all home quicker than anything else.

3 years ago
The entire group there is full of literal criminals, including the right wing groups. For example: it is not lawful to point a firearm at anyone except in self-defense (ORS 166.190), nor is it lawful to drive through a crowd (ORS 166.140), nor is it lawful to carry more than 4 ounces of pepper spray (Portland code 14A.60.030), nor is it lawful to spray people with pepper spray except in self-defense (same code), and certainly not from a moving vehicle driving through a crowd (you're already committing reckless driving, given that you drove to the protest with intent to commit reckless driving).

Everyone already knows what the left wing criminals are doing, so no point to rehash vandalism and refusal to comply with lawful orders from law enforcement officers and all the rest.

I get it, the site leans right. I lean centrist so I guess I just can't make up my mind. But at what point do political leanings interfere with the ability to think rationally and objectively? Or are we super internet badasses way to cool to have a truly rational discussion on the topic?

But regardless, if I've learned anything from the internet on this topic the last few months, it's this: if the killer agrees with my political views, then clearly it was self-defense. But if he agrees with the other side, then it is without question murder.

3 years ago
Welcome to the internet, sounds like you've only been using it a few months in total.

3 years ago

The point that people lose their ability is when they're no longer able to exercise their right to do so. Society is only a thin veneer maintained by a fragile social contract. We can bolster that contract by adding in framework to maintain and support it, but when that framework is dismantled, the fragility of that agreement is revealed.  This is why the democratic process is important. When any group is allowed to enact its decisions unilaterally, it will damage that framework and eventually shred that social contract, often leading to violence. 

We have to be able to agree to disagree. People tend to regard their truth as THE truth and their morality as absolute. An unwillingness to consider different perspectives is how we end up with this.

All of this is exacerbated by the framing devices of self-interested organizations that are designed to utilize the collective emotions of groups to satisfy their goals.

Until people can let people just be people, no matter how much they disagree, we're stuck with this. Of course there is right and there is wrong, but who gets to decide?

And yes, I am an internet badass.

3 years ago
My hot take: Individual rights are the most important thing to have and protect in a non oppressive society, people should not being getting randomly murdered by anybody, but especially not by the police. But Antifa should continue getting stabbed in the dick with a truncheon because it's just extremely satisfying to see; if there's a legal problem there then someone who went to law school can sort it out later when I've stopped paying attention.

Whether something is morally or legally murder aside, really hard to care too much about anyone who travels to someone else's town or otherwise deliberately puts themselves in the middle of a war zone with the intention to fan the flames though. Too many people who didn't do a damn thing wrong are getting killed or having their lives disrupted for me to feel bad for the ones who are asking for it. There's a pandemic on, go the fuck home and maybe if you didn't dress so revealingly the bullets wouldn't find you.

3 years ago
TBH if everyone, protestors and counter-protestors alike, showed up fully armed, emo police would be too nervous to violate Constitutional rights, menstrual left-wing rioters would be too nervous to destroy buildings, and right-wing sister-fucking dipshits would be too nervous to drive their trucks through protestors. The only people who would be hurt are the morons who don't know how to operate their weapon and accidentally shoot themselves.

Of course, if as you say everyone just stayed home, no one would get hurt (although we'd contend with the continued disregard of the Constitution by some police, but by now the message has probably been heard by the various legislators across the country).

3 years ago

honestly, fuck all these motherfuckers 

I was and still am sympathetic to BLM, to an extent, but holy fuck this rioting and psychotic iconoclasty is bad. I read some article the other day about a bunch of liberals who want to tear down the Washington monument. Like, justice sure, but erasing everyone's culture and history is nuts. Of course, these freaks exist in Canada today and they just beheaded some statue of John A. MacDonald and I... don't actually give a fuck about John A. MacDonald, but it probably represents bad shit 

3 years ago
This shit is the worst thing for BLM honestly. It went from 'hey some really decent people are still being treated like shit for retarded Neanderthal reasons in TYOOL twenty twenty, what in the actual fuck this should really stop at some point' to 'hey wow these people we got all emotional about supporting are now destroying everything in a violent and aggressive manner, wtf, i don't like them, they might actually be extremely bad?', like really really quickly. Of course I still consider a lot of the problem to be all the bored and sociopathic anarcho socialist college kids grabbing for the spotlight immediately and muddying the water with their own personal overthrow everything agendas that have nothing to do with BLM.

3 years ago
That wasn't even the worst one. They even took down an abolitionist's statue. You can't make this shit up.

Madison Protesters Condemned For Toppling Statue Of Anti-Slavery Activist

3 years ago
Am I crazy or does this imply something about the content of the videos? Something that coincidentally be quoted and summed up in a single screenshot and easily passed around while they're still able to virtuously insist they had the opposite intention. Obviously an easier way to make people more racist than forcing them to sit down and comb through actual videos.

3 years ago

Here comes the hotstepper.

3 years ago
You brought it up in the Discord already, but lol, you've got to know becoming a meme while getting rescued by the police had to burn worse than the fire did.

And also I see they must've replaced teaching Stop, Drop, and Roll in schools with 'Run directly towards a crowd and try to get them too'.

3 years ago

Flowers in Chania

3 years ago
Meh, I'm bored with this now.

Rioting is the new mass shooting, they'll stop reporting on it eventually, everyone will stop caring and I'll never even notice unless it's within 200 miles of me.

3 years ago

Same.

3 years ago
@mizal when the riots get within 200 miles of her:

3 years ago
White Apathy > White Privilege