Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

A Proper Hello

3 years ago
Hi, So I joined here months ago and wrote a terrible story that I hope no one remembers. It's gone now, but I thought it was time I properly introduce myself and get serious about my writing. There's not much to say about me, I'm in high school, or I'm supposed to be. I'm bored with everything and depressed, my sleep schedule is destroyed, one of my guinea pigs just died, I'm scared the world might be ending and the last three months I've done nothing but browse the internet and decide I might be bi. ...that may have been too information. LOL. But before things go back to normal I'm determined to write a really good story to prove that I can and so I don't feel like I COMPLETELY wasted all this time. I had meant to wait to make a thread until I finished something, but I'm having trouble getting the time alone I need to work, and my focus is shot. I'm hoping saying I'll do this in public will motivate me. And that's all I've had to say except that I've enjoyed lurking here, and recently even more. I've had to quit most of the places I usually talk to people because everyone is losing their minds and making my stress worse. Everyone here has been great though, you guys make me laugh all the time and I love reading the Dark Castle threads and the one mizal did.

A Proper Hello

3 years ago
I remember your story! It wasn't too bad, or at least I've seen far worse. Sorry about your guinea pig. They are cuddly little suckers. It's always pretty awful to lose a pet and well obviously everything else going on isn't helping. I can't say I've ever had much luck with motivation threads, but good luck with your writing. You seem a lot more verbose than you were before so maybe that's sign of an improvement right there.
I've done nothing but browse the internet and decide I might be bi.
Kudos on the most tasteful way to say you've been looking at pictures of dicks that I've ever seen.

A Proper Hello

3 years ago

... Lol. Yeah, now you mention it, nobody here seems particularly stressed about the lockdown. I guess some people just want to watch the world burn. ^_^

A Proper Hello

3 years ago
2020 is the Year of the Introvert.

A Proper Hello

3 years ago
Welcome back to the forums. Good luck with your story! Feel free to post bits in the writing workshop if you want feedback or to self-pressure yourself into writing.

A Proper Hello

3 years ago
Thanks everyone!

The fact that I disappeared for more than a week after same I was going to get serious about writing shouldn't be taken as a sign of anything....

A Proper Hello

3 years ago
Eh, it's not been a great few weeks/months for anyone.