Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was accepted 6/19/2020: Done.
This feature was completed 3/24/2021: .

Two suggested story tags

3 years ago

Can we get a couple more story tags: "Supernatural" and "Religious?" I know there is Biblical but that doesn't really cover Religious themes in a fantasy setting or allegorical things, and I know at least one person was thrown by my Blade of the Hollow tale having a lot of Supernatural elements vs. traditional fantasy, so it would be good to have the tag to label it when I move it over here.

Two suggested story tags

3 years ago

Seems like a reasonable request.

Two suggested story tags

3 years ago
I'd replace Religious with Spiritual. Religious kind of implies organized religion and that a story will be 'inspirational' or preachy, not just that it heavily features fantasy (or real life) people dancing naked around trees. While Spiritual could be either.

Two suggested story tags

3 years ago

In my mind I was thinking organized religion and the like or allegories to real world religious concepts. And Blade if the Hollow was essentially meant as a subtle takedown of common Calvinist arguments, not that most people would care/notice.

But spiritual would be a useful one as well, if it wouldn't be too confusing to have both.

Two suggested story tags

3 years ago
I'm not sure if that sort of thing is actually all that common on the site though, and I'd rather not set a precedent for making custom tags for pretty much just one game.

If there's an element like that that's important enough to make readers aware of it ahead of time time, it's just as easy to mention it in the description.