Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

... Well fuck

3 years ago

So, I added a "Page 100" to my storygame and "Page 1" had a link to "Page 100". Realized I didn't need "Page 100" anymore, so I deleted it. I then tried to go back to "Page 1" to delete the useless link to "Page 100" and... 

Server Error in '/' Application. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Why does Advanced Editor hate me? >.<

... Well fuck

3 years ago
Can you tell me the name of the game?

... Well fuck

3 years ago

"Ozo the Amicable Alien" ^_^

... Well fuck

3 years ago
....now what are the actual page numbers? I'm not getting any errors with the first page at least, so hopefully it was just a temporary glitch.

... Well fuck

3 years ago

Oh, sorry. It's page 2 that had a link to page 11, I think

... Well fuck

3 years ago
http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/bugs-and-problems/message/26571

Does it sound like this bug?

I have no idea how that thing has allegedly been around so long and yet two separate people discovered it at the same time.

... Well fuck

3 years ago

Yep. It's okay, I should be able to just remake the page easily enough.

... Well fuck

3 years ago
It hasn't been around that long. What's happening is the link pulls the id from the destination and puts it in front of the link name as part of the last update I did.

However if they delete that page, it has nothing to pull, hence the "null" error.

... Well fuck

3 years ago
I'd smh at this but my standards are low so I guess I'm mostly just grateful you didn't introduce it and then immediately disappear for three years.

... Well fuck

3 years ago
Hey, be mad at Ogre. He's supposed to be quality control.

... Well fuck

3 years ago
I was drinking that day...

... Well fuck

3 years ago

When I ran into that problem, I opened the game to that page (not in the editor) and just copied the text and rebuilt a new page by pasting it.  Then just update all of the links to the rebuilt page. 

Doesn't help if you had a lot of scripting, though. 

... Well fuck

3 years ago
Nah. Lots of scripting on all the other pages, but luckily this page was pretty much script free. ^_^