Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

CYS Podcast AGAIN

3 years ago

I know there are several threads floating about with this, but Mizal has bafflingly not listened to a single one and has requested a new thread for it so she can listen to the Love SICK one.

The original CYS podcast readings were at some place called Overmental. Looks like they're still up there. The people that did these had accounts here and they still seem to pop in from time to time despite that the project seems to be over with. They were Peter and Jen.

Peter

Jen

Anyway, as usual I'm only bothering to list mine.

Love SICK

TRASH

Ground Zero Part 1

Ground Zero Part 2

Ground Zero Part 3

Repression

If you don't want to fight with the Overmental site (Loads a bit slow) and want to listen to other CYS being read, you can find all their podcasts here:

CYS Podcasts

NOW here's the new one, or at least the new one for me. During a Google search of my name, I stumbled upon a brand new podcast of Ground Zero by someone totally different. Haven't listened to it yet, but here's the link.

New Ground Zero

EDIT: Starting to listen to this one, she mentioned Jen, so I guess that's where she got the idea.

EDIT 2: I liked her reading of it, though sort of amusing that she said the story was shorter than she thought when in fact she just got one of the shorter branches. (Got a pretty good one for a read through though)

CYS Podcast AGAIN

3 years ago

This sort of thing is exactly how I even stumbled on here. My wife heard a reading of Mommy, Can I Go Out and Kill Tonight? and dragged me over to read it. 

Giving the new Ground Zero one a listen for the hell of it.  She didn't realize there was going to be "mature language" and just apologized after saying "pussy ass".  Yet she carries on. 

CYS Podcast AGAIN

3 years ago
There are worse stories she might have started reading without having any idea of the content... Anyway, I'll give these a listen as soon as I finish transforming all my contest story notes into reviews and then as soon as I figure out how to listen to a podcast!

CYS Podcast AGAIN

3 years ago
Really trying to get these reviews up as fast as I can, but I keep just staring at my notes every evening, trying to decide how autistic I should get.

Like, should I mention that @ApprenticePortentous's destitute protagonist was able to casually tip the boatman the equivalent of what for a British soldier would've been more than a month's pay? Should I focus on a Serpent's proofreading issues, plot and character issues, style issues, or just kill myself instead?

These are the questions that keep me up at night.

CYS Podcast AGAIN

3 years ago

I would always say never go full autist, but this is CYS and there must be an ever present threat of a full on Sparta kick into the pit for the slightest of slights. 

CYS Podcast AGAIN

3 years ago

Woah, this is awesome that you guys have your own audio book versions of your stories

CYS Podcast AGAIN

3 years ago
Every now and again I suddenly remember those old podcasts and try to find them. 90% of the time I fail, but when I do dig them back up I just go back to find the episode where they read one of my stories, try to listen to it, then get too embarrassed and stop listening. EDIT: Found it for anyone who wants to listen and get embarrassed for me.

CYS Podcast AGAIN

3 years ago
Hahaha, finally the read of the world can experience this legendary tale.

e: wait no I see that it's actually still in sneak peek along with many of your old stories and your last posts in the old account you can't access to take them down, nice. All this time I thought I just had special admin access.

CYS Podcast AGAIN

3 years ago

Oh wow, I had no idea this was a thing. I'm slightly sad that my story appears to be the last one they did, I must have scared them off.