Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Next up: Planet of the Apes

3 years ago
First, I want you to take a moment to admire this beautiful clickbait URL: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12242216/thousands-sex-mad-monkeys-city-eat-themselves/ Now unfortunately it's not as exciting as all that, but these monkeys have been an increasing problem in Thailand that have gotten dramatically worse due to the virus. They've been overpopulated to an unhealthy degree since no one stops tourists from feeding them or is willing to cull them at all, and then the tourists all left so they started starving and invaded the city. This is actually pretty old news, I was seeing videos of them wreaking minor havoc in Lopburi a few months ago. Back then the city was bringing in truckloads of watermelon to pacify them and they'd go back into the jungle. Which, by the way I thought was a terrible idea, since even animals much dumber than monkeys will keep coming back to the place where people give them food in order to get more food. (Poisoning the watermelon would've been a better idea tbh, even though I don't think there are any non-cruel animal poisons, there aren't too many ways to cull a population in an urban area and the situation has gotten really out of hand...) https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/25/world/asia/thailand-monkeys.html Locals have been feeding them KFC and other garbage junkfood recently which is making them even worse. I don't know if I've ever mentioned this, but I really, really hate monkeys. I have no idea why people think they're cute, they're freaking horrifying and chimps will literally just peel people's faces off like it's nothing. Oh yeah and they ride bikes now and snatch soft defenseless human children which was sort of the point I was getting at with the title. The kid is fine, but still, Harambe ain't got nothing on this. It's all over for Thailand. And the rest of us just have to hope they never learn to operate planes or boats. And well anyway, the deer all over town here get pretty annoying, but I feel much better about in now and I'm pretty pleased that their lack of thumbs will always keep them in their place.

3 years ago

'Reject society, embrace monke' is all I can say.

3 years ago
WHO IS THIS MAN?! I swear I've never seen him before. 'Sweetcorn' sounds like the name of a bonobo spy imo. They have seized a computer somewhere in Thailand.

Anyway, I know this is all probably an old meme at this point but still, what a weird damn year. "Monkeys rampaging because of a virus" is something to kick off a zombie movie.

3 years ago
This is the Monke commander, destined to takeover humanity and establish a banana republic.

3 years ago
That is all kinds of farked up. I do not know what is more disturbing... the monkey speed racing down the street on a tiny bike, or it trying to drag off the kid.

Good thing it wasn't driving a tiny car, cuase it would have just thrown the kid in the trunk and sped off!

3 years ago
I've seen that video. The guy thinks its funny at first until the monkey just KEEPS dragging the kid. That guy on the ground didn't even seem all that upset, are bike riding monkies kidnapping babies every day over there?

3 years ago

What in the world made them think the monkeys are "sex mad" and "eating themselves"?  I mean, there can't be that many people with monkey fetish's out there.  For me, that line made me want to click on the article less, not more.