Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

The Elders Of Emar

3 years ago

I am really looking forward to Part III of The Orion Chronicles: The Elders of Emar! :D

The Elders Of Emar

3 years ago
I genuinely have no idea what you're talking about. Got a link?

The Elders Of Emar

3 years ago
Orion is Bill's SciFi series. I wasn't aware he teasered the next one though.

The Elders Of Emar

3 years ago
Oh, duh.

'Orion Chronicles' is pretty generic sounding tbf. Now if he'd mentioned something exciting, like grass...

The Elders Of Emar

3 years ago

For the very small number of people who slogged their way to the "winning" ending for Grass Planet, there is a tease for Part III... as well as an explanation that I went with the name "Orion" because at the time I was writing Part I, that was a beer that happened to be on tap at my favorite brewpub.

The Elders Of Emar

3 years ago
Yikes, I outed myself. I tend to view the first ending of a storygame as the "winning" and canon branch though. I always find it interesting when real life affects the current WIP. Some influences are more clearly shown, like yours. All the breathing/meditation stuff from Unbroken is directly from the yoga training I was doing at the time. And yes, Sterling is based on a real woman. The same tends to happen with whatever book I'm reading at the time, which makes me nervous as subconscious plagiarism is a tricky thing. If ever accused, I just quote Ecclesiates 1:9.

The Elders Of Emar

3 years ago

Glad you enjoyed Part II! My plan is to publish Part III over the winter.

might do one more stand-alone storygame first by year's end, but I am looking forward to working on "Emar."