Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Writing/Plotting Software?

3 years ago
I've been using Snowflake Pro since it became essentially free (just used Google Docs and Mindmup like the cheap-ass I am before that), but I downloaded the free trial of Plottr and so far I'm really liking it! Not sure if I want to take the full plunge and buy the full verison though. If I'm going to be putting money down, I want to make sure I've looked at all the best options. So I figured I'd ask here: what software (if any) do you use to map outlines and keep track of stories? Are they free, and if not are they worth the price?

3 years ago

I like to use a combination of Google Docs and good old fashioned pen and paper. I've got about a dozen notebooks full of outlines and notes from various projects.

3 years ago
I've tried draw.io and several other mind mapping softwares and sites, but I always go back to my classic method of just typing up big fat paragraphs describing a path, and then breaking it down further as needed from there.