Non-threaded

Forums » News & Updates » Read Thread

Keep up with the latest contests and find out what's been changing with the site.

v20200004 Update

3 years ago

Was technically yesterday that it was released by yeah.

Changes:

• School-based has been officially put down. Any storygames that were still in the category were moved to Everything Else
  • A new category "Dark Fantasy" exists. It's definitely not Endmaster's category slightly renamed to not be so on the nose.

Fixes:

• Link Destinations now show the destination instead of saying "Page Not Found" for system defined destinations (Such as end game links/previous page)
  • Images on "My Saves" page have been fixed

v20200004 Update

3 years ago
Does Dark Fantasy include fantasy that has graphic violence and disturbing imagery, or is it more suited for fantasy where the protagonist walks the path of evil? (I'm assuming the latter, given that every story has maturity settings)

v20200004 Update

3 years ago
It's more the former than the later, but an evil protag would normally result in it being a dark fantasy. Be kind of hard to be evil but keeps things cheerful and pleasant lol.

v20200004 Update

3 years ago
Dark fantasy is a subgenre of fantasy literary, artistic, and cinematic works that incorporate darker and frightening themes of fantasy. It often combines fantasy with elements of horror or has a gloomy dark tone or a sense of horror and dread.

According to Wikipedia. But like always these categories are going to be a bit vague and mostly author defined.

Anyway, thanks Killa., School Games will not be missed, and this may mean more categories in the future once there are enough existing games to support them.

Glad that thing with link destinations was fixed too, that was annoying.

v20200004 Update

3 years ago
Ah, that definitely clarifies it some. I think my lame werewolf story (the one I wrote on the night due to procrastination) might fit that a bit more than "fantasy adventure." Might change it if I ever get around to fixing it.

v20200004 Update

3 years ago

Was this hard work? If so, congrats? 

But if not

Whooop-De-Doooo! Want a cookie, or catnip? 

However if this was indeed something that was the former, and required an hour or more of concentrated effort, disregard the third line of this post and accept my humble congratulations instead, please. :)

v20200004 Update

3 years ago

The "Dark Fantasy" category's picture is still a school bag, but great work!