Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

I realized something about an old story I made.

3 years ago

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/may-the-28th~3a-a-new-beginning

In this game I made years back, a far off sequel to the Final Chapter of the September the 14th series, the protagonist goes on an adventure with Homer Simpson and Peter Griffin (it's complicated) through different forms of media in an uninspired, directionless romp.The first stage has you murdering characters from cancelled cartoons, and the first secret boss leads to a dead end when you beat him. The second stage has you fighting video game villains, namably Bowser, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, and finally, Sephiroth. As of recently, all four of them are playable in Smash. Even better, when you use the ring to unlock the secret boss, Bowser drop kicks Sephiroth, basically predicting Bowser's updated forward smash and back air in Smash 4 onward.

Sometimes, I simply like having a lookback to my past. My old stories still suck, but there's a sort of...charm to them that keeps me coming back. How good it felt to simply not care too much and just have fun. Not that I would ever let the quality of any of my YouTube or writing go to ruin with this sort of mentality, as I'm keeping it in the past.

Nobody had a perfect childhood. Writing was my way of coping. But back then, I simply did it for the sake of playing god and taking my stress out on imaginary ants in the imaginary ant farms that were the universes I threw together.

If the world tossed me back and forth like a wet rag, why couldn't I have something or someone to kick around? I didn't have the heart to do that to anyone in waking life, nor the nerve, and mom wouldn't let us have GTA for obvious reasons, so I simply did it to fictional characters. 

3 years ago

Ah, okay. 

3 years ago

When I got to the word "Sephiroth" I stopped and said, "You know you could play that out in smash now..."

I'm glad that worked out for you. Very cool. Looking back can be very charming and humbling.