Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

CoG?

3 years ago
I heard about something called the CoG but don't know what that is. Can someone tell me what it stands for?

CoG?

3 years ago

It's bad, that's all you need to know.

CoG?

3 years ago
I think I did something wrong. I posted a thing that said that I was lonely and wanted someone to talk to and EndMaster said that I must of taken a wrong turn on my way to CoG.
I really want to know what it means.

CoG?

3 years ago

It means you are mentally weak, so weak it's a miracle you've made it through any winters. Your bloodline is doomed to fail and become nothingness. You are nothing. Enjoy your mediocrity.

CoG?

3 years ago
Did you not perform the soul sacrifice right?

...anyway, the land of CoG is for softies

CoG?

3 years ago
I can confirm they did NOT do it right... I haven't gotten shit yet o.0

CoG?

3 years ago
I'm afraid all reaped and sacrificed souls go to Endmaster, if you're lucky you MIGHT get a few of the hand-me-downs he doesn't want anymore.

CoG?

3 years ago
Ah... well I'm more interested with the corpses than I am with the souls anyway. Typically when corpses burn they don't really "Complain", unlike the souls. But I'll be happy to take any scraps off End if any decide to annoy him.

CoG?

3 years ago

I wouldn't be so eager. EndMaster's hand me downs will most likely be the contaminated souls of trolls, shitposters and people who molest their pets.

CoG?

3 years ago
Nothing like sticking them on a pitchfork, slow-roasting their consciousness in the lava pits, and my devilites cannibalizing on their ever becoming dead corpse. They're not picky by any means, and the more atrocious their deeds are the leaner they become, which some think taste better for some reason... 0.o

All jokes aside, I assume the literal meaning is the banned/toxic people admins and end deal with. I'm not looking for that, just doing the lore for the lols cause that's where my mind goes to most of the time.

CoG?

3 years ago

Hot!

CoG?

3 years ago

Basically, to sum it up, Eevee: it's another writing community, but a lot of the members here hate it, because it's really bad.

CoG?

3 years ago
He meant that CoG is the writing site where all the depressed people go to ramble about their depression to strangers.

Anyway, AL's Tough Situation thread is currently the only 'kids go on about their personal lives and think they have problems' one allowed right now, we really don't need another. Basically topic-less chat threads are usually pruned anyway.

CoG?

3 years ago

AL's Tough Situation thread is currently the only 'kids go on about their personal lives and think they have problems'

Luckily, that thread is going to come to a close. I was able to fix the situation and now Boop is out of my life (hopefully).

CoG?

3 years ago
Very good!

CoG?

3 years ago

Another good update is that my mental health's been improving. I'm surrounded by more positivity.

CoG?

3 years ago
Good for you! Mine just got worse. My mom dragged me me out of bed by my hair this morning. I couldn't go to sleep until four in the morning so I slept in late and she didn't like that. She is now taking me out of my school and putting me in a public one. Says I'm too stupid to be going to a charter school.

CoG?

3 years ago

Your mom's really mean. 

CoG?

3 years ago
Why couldn't you go to sleep?

CoG?

3 years ago
Insomnia, my mom gave away my dog about a week ago and I can't sleep without her. I've had her for almost all of my life so I'm not used to sleeping without her.

CoG?

3 years ago

Why would your mom take your dog away?

CoG?

3 years ago
She didn't like her. She's a belgian malinois which means that she's very hyper. I was always too busy with school to play with her all the time, so my mom gave her away.

CoG?

3 years ago

Wow, your mom is really harsh.

CoG?

3 years ago
She wasn't always that was. When dad left she became a whole different person.

CoG?

3 years ago
Actually this sounds like assault to me. Talk to your teachers about this. If they can't help you talk to the police. There might also specialized services for such cases in your area.

CoG?

3 years ago
Having terrible parents is a traditional CYS activity, but according to her registration details, she's already an adult so now I care less.

CoG?

3 years ago
Actually, she got called in on after I told my therapist that she had thrown a glass mug at me. It hit me in the leg and I started to bleed. She made me clean up the mess without letting me clean up the blood first.

Edit: this happened before I turned 18 the day right before my birthday actually.

CoG?

3 years ago
... Dude, leave. >.<

CoG?

3 years ago
Wish I could but I'm still in school and mom refuses to let me learn how to drive. Plus, I have nowhere to go except the streets.

CoG?

3 years ago
Write a storygame about your sad experiences.

Or it might a more effective use of your time to get a job so that you can leave.

Is there some reason staying with you dad or another relative isn't an option?

And do you always join a new site and then immediately start sharing your life story with strangers? Not judging, just curious.

CoG?

3 years ago
Mom doesn't want me to be with my dad, my dad is not the best man. She may be mean but she still care about me. That's what I like to think.
To answer your last question, no. Everything I wrote is recent. It's not my life story.

CoG?

3 years ago
Can't you stay on a friend's couch until you can get your own place, or something?

CoG?

3 years ago
Friends? HA! Don't got any of those. I spend so much time writing and drawing that I am so socially awkward. I can't even talk to people, in real life, without breaking down. I find it easier to talk to people online because I don't have to talk to the face to face.

CoG?

3 years ago

you'd definitely fit in at cog lol 

CoG?

3 years ago
Oof...

CoG?

3 years ago
Funny that we haven't mentioned where the hell cog is and what the hell it stands for, lol

CoG?

3 years ago

This just gets sadder and sadder.

CoG?

3 years ago
My mom just apologized for what she did to me this morning! I want to forgive her but at the same time I want to be mad at her... What should I do?

CoG?

3 years ago

I don't know! I'm just a kid on the internet with normal parents.

CoG?

3 years ago

Accept her apology and then (calmly) say that she's been acting harsh towards you and you would appreciate if she wasn't.

CoG?

3 years ago
Kick her in the pussy. ^_^

CoG?

3 years ago

Or knee her!

CoG?

3 years ago

In the pussy.

CoG?

3 years ago
DO YOU WANT ME TO DIE!?!

CoG?

3 years ago

Just kidding (mostly)! You should just accept your mom's apology and then confront her about how she's been behaving.

CoG?

3 years ago
I think I'll do that. Thanks!

CoG?

3 years ago
She should accept her mom's apology and then refocus her efforts on getting a job to get some kind of independence.

I mean I take everything I hear from random people on the internet with a grain of salt but that's the only practical option in any scenario like this anyway, you want to keep the home environment as calm as possible and keep your head down. The time for confrontations over stuff like this is when your peace of mind and general wellbeing is not dependent on having that person like you.

CoG?

3 years ago
Since when has kicking someone in the pussy not been practical?

CoG?

3 years ago
Dude... she's my mom... she brought me into this world she can take me out of it!

CoG?

3 years ago

If they cry, you have to book it immediately. Then the strategy will be effective!

CoG?

3 years ago
Wow, will you leave the poor cat out of this? Wasn't the dog bad enough?

CoG?

3 years ago

There's got to be a reason why that doesn't work either.

CoG?

3 years ago
It sounds like you're already talking to a therapist though, that seems like the most effective thing anyhow for getting some kind of result.

CoG?

3 years ago
You mean you feel better because you are surrounded by positivity. And feeling bad when bad things happen is not a sign of bad mental health. If things don't go the way we want them to go evolution has given us two possible responses. Depression (which is a strategy to conserve energy, really useful if you run out of food in winter) or Aggression (super good if you encounter a predator, running away is also part of this). In our current culture we are trained to avoid aggression at all costs so people feel depressive more often. If you feel depressive often it can become a default setting so if you feel bad without bad things happening that is where mental health comes into play. Personal advice: Embrace aggression but channel it into something useful.

CoG?

3 years ago

Also, forgot to add congrats to AL that your mental health is improving. Good for you AL!

You have earned a picture of a puppy in a teacup:

CoG?

3 years ago

Awwww! I wanna hug it, I wanna hug it! :]

CoG?

3 years ago

Well done, you have won at middle school! Should update us on how, because I'm curious.

CoG?

3 years ago

It's a relatively easy thing to tell if your mom cares about you or not. I'm not sure how bad the "abuse" is because I only know your side of the story and Americans in general seem to have a different definition of parental abuse. At the end of the day, your mother is giving you a roof over your head, an education and keeping you fed. She shouldn't be telling you you're stupid, so my advice is to tell her so. You're 18 which means you can work to begin becoming independent, and you don't need your parent's permission to learn how to drive and get a license. 

CoG?

3 years ago
It's not really abuse and it is true that Americans have a different definition of abuse. Personally, I think that's my fault that she's like this. If I wasn't there she wouldn't be stressed. She does feed me and gives all the necessities I need. She wasn't wrong when she said that I was stupid either, I know that I am. I still need to get a job and get a license but I'm trying my hardest to get there. For now I am going to focus on my school. :)
Thank you guys for giving me advice even if you don't know me.

CoG?

3 years ago
Don't say you are stupid. I have seen much more people in my life that were led to believe they were stupid than actually stupid people. The brain is essentially a muscle. Train it and you will be strong.

CoG?

3 years ago
Dude, if your mum didn't want to deal with the stress of having a child then she should've used a condom >.<

CoG?

3 years ago
True, but she wanted a kid. She just didn't want a kid like me.

CoG?

3 years ago
So, she wanted a non stressful kid? ... I think those are called goldfish. >.<

CoG?

3 years ago
No, it's called a normal child aka not me...

CoG?

3 years ago
Again, no such thing as a "normal" child. :p

CoG?

3 years ago
There's too much wrong with me to be "normal". I can give you a list of problems that I have that I am struggling with.

CoG?

3 years ago
Such as?

CoG?

3 years ago
Wait, you really want to know what's wrong with me? This is a first for me...

CoG?

3 years ago
I'm just wondering what could be so bad that it merits throwing glass jars at you and stealing your dog for no apparent reason >.<

CoG?

3 years ago
I was writing a book when I was supposed to be doing school work when she threw the mug at me. It wasn't the first this had happened so she had every right to do that. She didn't think that I was good enough to take care of my dog. That's why she got rid of the dog.As I said it before, I deserve it. I just have so many mental issues that I cause so much stress for her.

CoG?

3 years ago
... Honey, have you ever considered that perhaps you inherited your mental issues from your mother? Because throwing a mug at a child for neglecting their school work isn't exactly normal behaviour. >.<

CoG?

3 years ago
Oh no, I got it from my father. Everytime we did something wrong he would punch us and throw things at us. He had some major anger issues. So does my brother... that's probably why he and my brother left us... my whole family is messed up. I had grandparents who are in jail, a great uncle who commited suicide, a sister who had a criminal record, a brother with PTSD, and I have schizophrenia and bipolar disorder...

CoG?

3 years ago
... Fun! >.<

CoG?

3 years ago
Yup, my family's a mess... but I love them anyway. :)

CoG?

3 years ago

damn dude if I had a child who told such obvious lies, I would beat the shit out of them too. 

Then again, maybe you are telling the truth, because your posts are so fucking stupid that they can only be the result of repeated head trauma 

CoG?

3 years ago
I did bust my head open when I was 3. I was jumping on the bed and I hit my head on the corner of the bed frame. I apparently didn't feel the pain...

CoG?

3 years ago

I actually did the exact same thing except I hit my upper lit and fractured my jaw. Don't understand how you could hit your head though.

CoG?

3 years ago
I was trying to jump and land on the pillow and missed the pillow. I hit my head on the frame instead.

CoG?

3 years ago

Since no one actually answered your question you fucking emo bitch, CoG stands for Choice of Games and they're a bunch of faggots that shove frogs up their asses like I do.

CoG?

3 years ago
Thank you!

CoG?

3 years ago

From what I understand, COG is another choose your own adventure style website, that the community here doesn't particularly like.

CoG?

3 years ago
Oh, that make sense.

CoG?

3 years ago
For a good reason

CoG?

3 years ago
What is this reason?

CoG?

3 years ago

There's a lot. I'll let the others explain because I don't know much about it.

CoG?

3 years ago
I think is has to do with sweaty dog balls, but I'm not completely sure.

CoG?

3 years ago
damn that was fast

CoG?

3 years ago

This guy with his frogs again. He was harassing me too in private messages about them.

CoG?

3 years ago

We have said multiple times that "faggot" has nothing to do with sexuality and gender.

I'm getting a headache.

CoG?

3 years ago

He made me feel really unwelcome when he started posting about me being a wookie loving whore that should die with the n-words (it's so horrid to even type that word I don't know why he keeps using it so) in my thread about asking a simple question. I also know he's very racist against mexicans. I don't understand why he is doing this.

He also keeps blaming other people for the things he writes. The mods have been nothing but polite towards me, and as a new member I feel welcome and appreciated by them. Him, not so much.

CoG?

3 years ago
I'm sorry you had to go through that.

CoG?

3 years ago

Choice of Games (CoG) is a place where you can read lots of interactive fiction and talk to people of a different ilk than might be found here.  I am led to understand that some of the people who hail from CoGland are very nice people who write fun games.

It is a time of relative peace between the necropolis-empire of CYS and the feudal kingdom of CoG.  History suggests that the time of stability cannot last forever, but for now the battlefield has shifted to other lands.

CoG?

3 years ago
Coke vs Pepsi.

CoG?

3 years ago
Gower is the overworked and underpaid teacher who tells the two communities to "Please settle down" as they throw scrunched up paper balls at each other. ^_^

CoG?

3 years ago
It's funny because it's true. I don't feel too bad for Gower - he has earned it.

CoG?

3 years ago

Interesting life story. The edgelord contest is already over, though. I think you could use some work on some of these things, maybe introduce a grand fight that leads up to a family murder or something. It was pretty linear, too. But I'm sure if you spruce up the story a bit, you can get a 3, maybe a 4 rating in a future contest.

CoG?

3 years ago
1. Don't know what an edgelord contest is.
2. This is not my life story, just parts of it
3. Thanks for the idea of murdering someone! It would look great in the book I'm writing, my autobiography!

CoG?

3 years ago

The edgelord contest was a grimdark fantasy competition that ended a few days ago. 

CoG?

3 years ago
I suggest the story end with your dog managing to make his way back home to you and, after your mother throws a mug at him, the dog goes rabid and eats her alive. Happy ending for everyone! ^_^

CoG?

3 years ago
LoL

CoG?

3 years ago
There's shit posting and than there's shitposting... you're doing the former here when you should be doing the latter.

CoG?

3 years ago
Oh really? Well thank you sooo much for telling me. I'll try do not be such a fucked up little shit next time.

CoG?

3 years ago
Well we're going to hold you to that, now.

CoG?

3 years ago
I'll try but I'll mess up. I'm human, too.
Thank you for believing that I can at least do something.

CoG?

3 years ago

You think we're humans here?

CoG?

3 years ago
If your not human that's amazing! I always wanted to be something other than human. Being human sucks!!

CoG?

3 years ago
squawk

CoG?

3 years ago

What a magnificent sound! 

CoG?

3 years ago
be black