Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Is it annoying if I introduce myself like this?

3 years ago

Hi! I'm writeyourstory! Technically, I'm not new here, but after creating my account last year, I kinda left. But I'm back! And I'm trying to finish my story! And failing! Yayyyyyyy! So, I actually am looking for a willing coauthor, but anyway... that's not what this is about. I'm sooo bored recently, and for whatever reason, I don't feel like devoting 100% of my excess time to my storygame. If anyone else is bored, PM me! Or post a thread. Or whatever...

3 years ago

It is, indeed, annoying. 

3 years ago

Oh. Sorry. Why don't you just ignore it then? Doesn't the forum say I can talk about whatever? 

3 years ago

Well he was just answering the question you asked in the post.

3 years ago

Okay. I get it. I wasn't trying to be mean or anything. Sorry.

3 years ago
Welcome, I think... but you don't want to spend time writing the story you're writing. I'm not sure that makes sense, but kids today...

3 years ago

Okay then. Thanks, I guess. Wow, this is a lot more discouraging than I'd thought it be. Everyone. Wow.

3 years ago

It's just this website is a CYOA and some people write stories for everyone. Is you're writing a story it's probably best to keep writing is all he's trying to say. Plus not everyone on this website is gonna be completely nice.

3 years ago

I'm so confused. I feel like I'm two now, seriously. I'm so used to getting along with people and keeping a positive attitude and atmosphere. Typical teenage girl, I guess. Sorry. I'm just a little shallow and immature, lol. Not used to... actually meeting people who don't instantly like me ???? I sound so spoiled. It's not that everyone likes me, it's just that most usually do, and it makes others more easy to ignore. So. Maybe I'll just keep reading and stop trying to make friends ??

3 years ago

There's a lot to unpack here.

3 years ago

Yeah

3 years ago
If you stopped being annoying it might be easier to start making friends lol.

It's good you've rated a bunch of games at least, a lot of excitable kids will show up and irritate everyone without actually doing anything of value or seeming to have any interest in it, and they don't tend to last long.

You don't need to keep a positive attitude about anything fwiw, you just have to have something interesting to say.

3 years ago

I'm not very good at being interesting ig. Great to know, I'll put that on my resumé

3 years ago

Oh, wow, that sounded snotty. I was trying to be funny. Nevermind

3 years ago
This is discouraging? I'm not sure I follow. You said that you're not willing to spend time writing. And you're bored. And you're trying, but failing to finish your story. So sure, I guess this is discouraging, but it wasn't anyone here that's discouraging, it's you! Of course, feel free to say I'm not being encouraging because I'm not doing whatever it is you expect me to do. But hey, posting on a forum that you're bored and want to write a story, but you're not willing to actually work at it seems like a dead-end to me. If you wanted encouragement, you could have mentioned something about why you aren't writing. Heck, you probably could have just posted, "Would someone please encourage me" and I'm sure you'd get at least one or two people posting, "Go, you!" But realize that on this site, we're realists. Many people here actually do write, and they know it's more work than just spending a few idle moments putting words on paper. So if you want to see positive attitudes here, feel free to start that train: if you post positive things, it will likely generate more positive things. If you post exerpts from your story and ask for feedback, you'll get it (eventually). If you mention you're stuck at a certain point and what should you do, you will likely get lots of ideas (some quite odd, but did I mention some people here write and have imaginations?). So I'd like to encourage you in your writing, but you basically said in your first post that you're not going to write because you're bored and don't want to write. As far as I'm concerned, that's fine. Feel free to read instead of write! Or pick your ear. You're bored, do what you want, I'm not going to tell you what to do. But if you want to write, go ahead and write!

3 years ago

Sorry! I guess I just didn't understand what you were saying. I was trying to be funny in my original message, sorry! Wow, this turned out disastrous. I'm just going to unwatch this thread. Good luck, everyone! Please don't be mad at me for anything I've said...

3 years ago

We're not gonna be mad it's just in the future learn to take a little bit of criticism and stuff like that.

3 years ago

Okay. Thanks

3 years ago
No worries, I don't think anyone is mad at you, just trying to understand what you're saying. Oh, and we can still tag you if you've unfollowed this thread: @writeyourstory Wheee! Just have fun!

3 years ago

Okay

2 years ago
Yeah, that's this site. Go ahead and look at my post. You will understand my username. Sorry, but you can always go and find another site with no forums. I'm on a school Chromebook, so I can't. Tough luck, bud.

2 years ago
*squints*

3 years ago

um... *tucks hair behind ear* 

That could've went better.

3 years ago

Lol, I'll say

3 years ago

Or were you just talking about I could have done better on my profile? Sorry if I'm wrong about that, I just realized you directly quoted that and am wondering if you meant to be funny or were actually saying I could've done something different

3 years ago

Oh gee, what do you think?

3 years ago

Oh

3 years ago
I didn't even see the original profile, but judging by the current one she's not so great at ignoring people who don't instantly like her just for existing after all.

3 years ago

*claps* Good job making someone almost delete their account people! Jesus.

I know I've messaged you too, but I just wanna say I'm sorry that I'm a fag. @writeyourstory

3 years ago

There's a new thread that they've posted. Keep up! Also you never have to apologize for being what you are around here.

3 years ago

I just said that I was a fucking crybaby faggot! I don't know what went on with that... also I care a lot.

3 years ago

CYS is a place that cares as well, so it's okay.

3 years ago

I trully love it when people come together even a little bit. Gives me a little faith in humanity

3 years ago

I give the fuck up. I'm a gay bitch that is just trying to be a white knight, but you guys are messing that up!

3 years ago

It's okay that you're gay. Geez.

You shouldn't give up.

3 years ago
You be you.

3 years ago

I mean I am a pansexual that licks public restaurant toilets, so calling me gay isn't really an insult. Anyways goodbye people that I don't like anyways. Im gonna go tell my toddler that I'm a huge faggot before I go to take my mad bitch nap now.

3 years ago
Well, you be ... no. Don't do that it. Stop doing those things. They're nasty, in case no one ever told you that before.

3 years ago

Y'all are fucking hilarious! I love the taste of toilet seats!

3 years ago

Have a good mad bitch nap. However you shouldn't lick public toilets if you do have a toddler. That is just very unsanitary, you know? 

3 years ago

You should go talk to the nazi that shoves frogs up his ass. You two would get along probably.

3 years ago

Thank you for letting all of us know this for the future.

3 years ago
Thanks, we try.

3 years ago

... I like this thread. ^_^

Noob: Is it annoying if I ask other people to write my game for me since I can't be bothered to do it myself?

Everyone: Yes.

Noob: Waaa! Why does everybody hate me? :'(

3 years ago
I think community sentiment has turned now that there's a new toy. Noob will be given time to adjust and get over positivity and being 14.

3 years ago

Apologies.

Edit:

Noob: Would it be annoying if I asked someone else to write my game for me since I can't be bothered to do it myself?

Everyone: Yes.

Noob: Waa! Why does everyone hate me?

Everyone: We don't.

Noob: Oh, okay.

White Knight: How dare you fiendish fiends upset this beautiful maiden? *Tips fedora* Fear not m'lady, I shall shield you from the foul tongues of these evil brutes!

Everyone: ... This shall be fun. ^_^

3 years ago

White knight: Why do I suddenly hear boss music?

3 years ago
I love how things can happen so spontaneously here, all this drama and even a plot twist fakeout with the new victim all in the time it took me mix up some prepackaged coleslaw.

3 years ago

are we evil for doing this? Probably.

Is it fun? Yes it is. 100%

3 years ago
I rate the thread 5/8, would participate again

3 years ago
6/8 now with Lucille's new profile.

3 years ago

"My brain is a fucked up place"

... Probably because it got smashed in with a spikey baseball bat. ^_^

3 years ago
I just like the petulant "leave me alone!" this time coming from an adult claiming to be responsible for the care of a child.

It's like, come on now Sir Lucy, you came here to the thread and started talking to us. You are free to stop at any time, no one is following you back to your cardboard castle.

3 years ago
Delicious. Finally, some good fucking food.

3 years ago
What the hell happened here, lmao.

3 years ago

Entertainment.

3 years ago

This is more entertaining to read than anything I could ever write. Also, it is ironic that writeyourstory's name tells the author to write their story when they don't feel like writing it.

3 years ago

Ok, please don't attack me because I don't mean this in any kind of rude or mean way, but why do y'all hate my sister so much? I mean I know she's annoying (I mean I do have to live with her) and she often buts in where she doesn't belong, but (as much as I hate to say it) she's just a 17 year-old girl who has been bullied all her life and it's only gotten worse since she got pregnant at 15, so she likes to stand up for anybody who she feels is being bullied.

Do I feel like she should have done this: no 

Was it my call to make: also no.

3 years ago

In case there is confusion: my sister is @LucilleIsThirsty

3 years ago

Lmao. Which account do you want to get killed off?

3 years ago

Huh?

3 years ago

Oh, this one? Okay! :)

3 years ago

Good job upsetting a 13 year old! We share the same computer...

3 years ago

You can’t even keep the ages consistent? You should just stop responding to this thread now.

3 years ago

What the fuck do you mean

3 years ago

You know what whatever be rude little fucks and kick my sister off for no god damn reason. Bye bitches, I'm going to go lick all of the toilet seats that I can find now. 

3 years ago

Buh-bye.

3 years ago

Shut up and stop being sour about this. it's better that way

3 years ago

Wow y'all are mean to me, ok I'm almost an adult. Then you kick off my 13 year old sister, that's just wow. God knows what you would do to my 2 year old! (not that she's allowed anywhere on the internet besides kiddy youtube and not that she could actually type, but that's beside the point).

3 years ago

I don't think even a two year old could do a worse performance than the one that you did in this thread.

However, your "sister" is free to log back on and post anytime, y'know. Like I've already said, it's been paid for by you.

3 years ago
Damn, shit happened and I missed it again, just by minutes this time :(

Nice speedy actions by Thara, though

3 years ago

Apparently I'm the only one at the moment that's logged in that can combat threats of the severe autism variety. :) 

3 years ago

Now that I look at it, this "sister" or whatever seems to be the account with the better personality. Okay, I'll do a pseudo switcheroo, and bring that one back. But you'll be on a probation of sorts.

Will just have to dock another 50 points for the resurrection fee. Nothing is free after all.

3 years ago

I thought it was weird that you both joined around the same time with Walking Dead avatars.

3 years ago
Hahahahaha, damn, the thread got even BETTER and somehow I completely missed it all.

I love that "I'm actually a teenage whore that throws tantrums over nothing like a toddler" was the defense he went with.

I wonder why Lucille lied about his age though.

3 years ago

Why do you keep calling me a he?

3 years ago
While I guess it's true your IRL name is pretty gender neutral, does it really matter if you're leaving (again) and not coming back (you totally mean it this time)?

Which of the ages you gave was the lie btw?

3 years ago

Ah, the ages actually seem to be consistent with each persona that they have. The sister persona is apparently thirteen and will be fourteen in a few months? And apparently Lucille had the baby two years ago, and the baby is two?

I misread, lol. But does it matter when it's most likely that both accounts are the same people? Anyway, them being favorable towards End's stories is going a long way in keeping them here for me.

3 years ago
I figure we're just dealing with one person here, and they're 13. Matches the behavior anyway.

Lucille was originally pretending to be in their early 20s, but that's obviously out unless their entire existence is some kind of weird performance art.

3 years ago

Oh, they were pretending at being older? Well that quickly fell apart at the slightest bit of pressure, lol.

3 years ago
Registration DOB.

But maybe they're just extremely bad at math. I'd buy it.

3 years ago

Do you realize how easy it is to fake a DOB? I never put my actual one because I don't trust the internet and I taught Savanna to do the same when she started using the internet for sites that require that kind of thing. Neither of us put any kind of personal information beyond out first name and age. Ocsasionally we say the month we were born in if we need to.

3 years ago

Wait... if you put your age, the month and day don't matter anymore. :p

3 years ago

So... You lie about your age in your registration DOB because you don't trust the internet... But you're happy to say your real ages and your sister's name in a public forum because... ... ... ?

3 years ago

Just simply saying that I'm 17, almost 18 doesn't tell you my exact birthday...

Also, I'm willing to bet there are a lot of 13 year old Savannas out there, so just her first name and her age doesn't give away much.

3 years ago

... We're not saying that you're giving away too much private information. We're asking, why would you bother lying about your age when registering, and then tell us your real age in a public forum? You say that you don't give your real information because you "don't trust the internet" but apparently you trust us all (a bunch of strangers who you don't particularly seem to like very much) enough to give us your age, your sister's age, your child's age, and your sister's first name. Like, if you're going to lie about private information on the internet, at least be consistent. :p

3 years ago

I'll admit you do have a point...but I never said I didn't like y'all, I just got pissed and when I get pissed I do stupid things, but I can't really change that now so...time to go drown the toddler in a public toilet and start my life over minus my mistakes.

3 years ago

Stupid things like change your profile pic to an avatar that has nothing to do with your user name and leaves everyone wondering who the fuck Lucille is and why she didn't think far ahead enough to pack a Capri Sun. ^_^

3 years ago

Wait! Don't forget how the profile picture is super edgy! We gotta give points for that. 

3 years ago

Well, at least it's not Bakugo ^_^

3 years ago

What's wrong with Bakugo? :( My sister doesn't like him either, but I don't get it.

3 years ago

Bakugo is an asshole.

3 years ago

I mean he's not the best character (*cough* Todoroki *cough cough*), but he's not the worst either (*cough* Endeavor *cough cough*).

He's not really even in my top five, but he is the other half of my favorite ship (TodoBaku)

3 years ago

I like to ship characters too... My personal favourite is EndMaster x Your Mom. ^_^

3 years ago

I-

I have nothing decent to reply to that so Imma just leave...

3 years ago

When your sister hands you the computer and says please defend me, but you agree...

3 years ago

Bakugo is a prime example of the extremely annoying trend where anime writers seem to think that screaming is a personality trait. Eg:

Midoriya's personality is awkward, yet determined.

Uraraka's personality is sweet and caring.

Bakugo's personality is screaming.

3 years ago

Lol. Agreed.

3 years ago

Here's an example:

No, I didn't draw this. Yes, this is an actual picture. When it comes to Bakugo in the BNHA fandom, things get really hectic... and weird.

3 years ago

I want to pet his fluffy hair...

3 years ago

No.

3 years ago

NO!

3 years ago

I-    How are we related???

3 years ago

Lol. I just started getting into a new fandom and wanted to change it to a villain from that show. I didn't think about my username, but wouldn't they think that kind of thing already if they haven't watched twd? Although I guess less people who have watched it will make the connection without my old pfp, but oh well. 

And thank you!

3 years ago

Ok I just realized this one was changed too and I don't want to start another fight, but I just wanna say that, while she wasn't planned (who plans to have a child at 15?) she is definitely not a mistake. She is my life, so please don't add things like that. I would never hurt her in any way.

(I guess if you say anything not planned is a mistake, then yes she would be a mistake, but if so she's the best mistake I've ever made).

3 years ago
Right, next you'll be trying to tell us you don't lick toilet seats either.

3 years ago

Please stop. I'm trying not to do anything stupid, but...just please stop

3 years ago

Honestly, if you're getting sick of the whole toilet seat thing then you should probably just stop responding to the comments... Better yet, roll with it and just make your avatar a picture of a toilet seat. ^_^

3 years ago

I think she's staying off for a couple days to see if that will help calm this down. 

3 years ago

Honestly, if she just avoids this thread, she should be fine. ^_^

3 years ago

Btw I just want to add that since y'all pretty much know all the information now anyway, me and my sister have both updated our account with the correct information other than our last names.

3 years ago

... No... No... No... NO! What the fuck did you do to your profile pic? No! Burn it with fire! Oh God, my eyes! My fucking eyes! O.O

3 years ago

Why did that make me laugh so hard? lol

3 years ago

How the fuck did they even make that baby?

3 years ago

We don´t question these things...

3 years ago

Better? lol

3 years ago

Nah. You're about to get that banning you've obviously always wanted, though. Because now I think you're trolling, or retarded. But it might be a bit of both, actually.

3 years ago

It was an honest question...But fine I´ll leave.

3 years ago
Commended by mizal on 3/11/2021 6:57:50 AM

You know, that was a bit strongly worded. I used to have very cringe avatars as well, just like you. Now I like to think my avatars are only moderately cringe now. 

I see that you rate games, and even comment on them. They're not feature worthy comments, yet. But they are comments. Those are more valuable than you might think initially.

So I would like to give you the opportunity to maybe change your avatar to something else? And maybe just read stories and such, and maybe even write your own? It's the same advice that I gave to Lucille, and she seems to have taken it, which makes me happy. Anything, that would keep you away from replying to threads, and start your journey of hopefully becoming an actually productive community member.

This is a site that has plenty of entertainment to offer in the story-games alone. And there are creative area outlets like the creative corner. Okay?

3 years ago
Thara showing her benevolence!

3 years ago

All Shall Love Her!

3 years ago
That is some remarkable restraint.

I guess one of Thara's roles is going to be emphathizing with the weeb children even when they're so far gone that no one else can.

I mean adopting hopeless retard children has been my whole schtick, and even I can't see the ones with avatars like that as people.

3 years ago

You went as far as commending my lovely showing of benevolence, however I ended up eventually having to put them down. It would have been more cruel to keep them around, tbh. It was an act of kindness at the very end. 

3 years ago

Ok. done.

I will keep reading stories, writing however, probably not because my writing sucks.

3 years ago

... No! >.<

3 years ago

What now? It´s not even Bakugo anymore...

3 years ago

How about... And this is just a suggestion... But maybe, just maybe, you could have an avatar that doesn't involve soft-core yaoi. ^_^

3 years ago

I know I´m probably just stupid and uncultered, but 

soft-core yaoi?

3 years ago

... Nevermind. >.<

3 years ago

3 years ago

I´mma just leave and go watch dabihawks and shinkami on youtube

3 years ago

Finally checks notifications:

Oh shit.

3 years ago

Okay, definitely trolling. :p

3 years ago
Soft core yaoi, huh.

3 years ago
Shotas like you arent allowed to know of such things. Get back in your cage.

3 years ago

Oh my god, it's even worse. 

3 years ago

A picture of Midoriya punching Bakugo in the face would be preferable. ^_^

3 years ago

I'm not responsible enough around matches, so someone else has to light them.

3 years ago
You only just now noticed?

3 years ago

I haven't seen anything she posted in awhile. :p

3 years ago

My sister is 13, and will be 14 in June. 

I'll be 18 in a month. I never pretended I was in my 20s though.

3 years ago

Holy crap, this thread has not one character arc. It has two! I'm almost watching a tv show right now.

So we have the teenage girl who went on a whole trip of self-discovery, reflection plus character development to turn into a less annoying version of herself. Now she had made another objectively less annoying introduction, which didn't cause a full blown internet war, sadly enough. 

And then we have another teenage girl who managed to have two separate accounts, trying to fool the internet that she has a little sister who became pregnant at age thirteen. After a hard battle of wits and logic and facing utter defeat, she still desperately attempts to tell people that she is not lying. 

The two characters are true foils towards one another. 

This is almost poetic. 

3 years ago

No, you're getting it all wrong! The 13 year old has an older sister who got pregnant at age 15... Completely different.

3 years ago
It's been awhile since we've had one this good.

It's a testament to the improved resilience of even our cringiest noobs that they don't instantly storm off in a huff like they think we insulted Erin Hunter or something. This is because they've sprung up in fields fertilized with the thousands of unworthies who came before.

3 years ago
Welp, this was fun (says the wierd lurker)

3 years ago
oh, you're still here!

A bit late to the party, but hope you had fun laughing at the noob

3 years ago

Which one? :p

3 years ago
noobs*

3 years ago
"oh, you're still here" mildly offended, but whatever : ' )

3 years ago

Is there a reason why you're 'mildly offended'? 

3 years ago
Hi Fem!

While you were gone we got all these new kids that are a little...well you just read it for yourself. Really made me miss you.

3 years ago
Hey mizal! lol thanks? (Shit hit the fan about ten times in here, it was actually kind of funny lol) And Hey Thara, that was a joke, I'm kinda suprised that you didn't end that with "TransWolverine" lol

3 years ago

Nah. I have some respect for you. Especially since you've embarrassed Corgi in a writing showdown, which was hilarious. You haven’t been nearly as bad as what you can see if you scroll up this very thread. 

In fact, the points that I've docked from both of these accounts, I will be giving to you. 

You seem to like gambling, after all. It's not much, but if you read as well, you might be able to increase your points profit. It's the season of stimulus’s, and I like to stay in the holiday/seasonal spirit when it comes to these sorts of things. 

3 years ago
Aww thanks! I really appreciate it :D

I mean, I like taking risks, but gambling...no, just no. And thanks for the tip :D

3 years ago

They didn’t have much, even across two accounts. So I threw in an extra ten, just as a thanks for not being as terrible. 

3 years ago

Well, this thread wasn't annoying; we had fun with it. Which did probably annoy you.

3 years ago
Have you made contact with your assigned noob yet?

3 years ago
Wait, assignment?

2 years ago
ohoho i read this thread and wow what an adventure, probably the tables have turned now.

2 years ago

wow I wonder who this person whose first action after creating an account was to post in this thread from last month is

2 years ago
me too, i wonder who

2 years ago

*Checks out profile* Wait... Myspace still exists? O.O

2 years ago
They meant to say pogspace.