Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago
@stargirl

Please tell us the no doubt thrilling tale of how your name originally wound up attached to this, and how you got it taken off.

http://chooseyourstory.com/Story/Series_of_Quetions.aspx

It caused a bit of dismay and speculation. (Very relieved your status as one of the good ones has been restored however.)

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago

To be fair, I do remember a time when people would just add EndMaster as a co-author to their games to get their views up. :p

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago

I know the people who wrote the story in real life, they are my neighbors. One day when I signed on I saw that I had been added as a co-author to a story that had already been published. I read the story and it didn't really follow any of the storygame guidelines. I went to my stuff > storgames and just hit the button "remove self as co-author." But hey, at least I got a free 3 points! 

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago
Well it's been unpublished now. Hopefully the comments will discourage them from putting it up again, but just in case be sure they know that terrible things will happen.

Actually wasn't aware you could remove yourself once a story was published.

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago

Oh, and on my profile when I said that I was writing a storygame with one of them, it is a different storygame in which they are writing a couple sentences on each page and I am putting a whole lot more detail on each page. Still not my best work because I have been more focused on things like my math competition(which was today) and trying to earn my green sash in kung fu, which will move me up to advanced. 

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago

Good luck in both! ^_^

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago

Thanks! My math competition just ended 30 minutes ago and I tied for 5th place! 

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago

Yey! ^_^

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago
Awesome, great job!

I suck at math, I'll just message you if I need a problem solved.

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago
@stargirl
get new friends

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago

lol

They are really fun to hang out with, just not the best at writing. 

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago

@stargirl

You were a co-author with those 2 people in another story, "The peculiar labrinth", that was published yesterday (that has now been deleted). Explain this!

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago
That was the entire reason for my last tag, keep up.

@325boy you completely ignore all of my tags, now you explain this.

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago

I didn't realise; I thought you were just saying to get new friends.

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago
@writeyourstory I assigned 325boy to mentor you in variables and things and he's just flippantly ignoring the both of us. What do you think should be done to him?

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago

I know what should be done: adding me as a co-author. That's what I've been waiting for this whole time.

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago

Oh uh I dunno. Actually I'm kinda scared to respond to anything rn. Who is this person that has been assigned to me??

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago

Directly above you. ^_^

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago

Oh. Probably should have noticed that, yeah.

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago

You know, I feel like this should be a thing. Like, "The CYS Productive Noob Challenge" each volunteer gets assigned a different noob and the winner is whoever's noob gets the most points in a month or something. (Of course, Miz would easily win as she'd just demand that her noob write 3000 word essays or be banned.) :p

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago
DO I COUNT AS A NOOB? Please, I want a mentor. I promise to work a lot!

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago

You can be my noob! ... Now go forth and write lots of reviews and shit. ^_^

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago
Oh, I am 3k in a game for a contest already and lots of plans... I love writing. However, I am not really a review girl. I prefer writing.

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago

Then finish the game and win the contest! ... And then I shall take all the credit because I told you to. ^_^

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago

I'm not quite sure you qualify lol. You have like 6 stories published, Mara. And this whole "mentor" thing is starting to seem like whoever can be the most demanding "mentor" ... :)

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago
I LOVE WORKING HARD! AND I HAVE MORE THAN SIX SIX IS NOTHING.

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago

Sorry, my fingers started to hurt from all the scrolling so I stopped shortly down your list lol.

Also, if six is nothing what importance does my existence have in this world???? 

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago
You have to work constantly and always finish what you start. It is a question of pure constancy. You will end improving, maybe 500 words each day could be a good rhythm for you.

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago

8, sorry. Plus dozens of unpublished ones

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago
plus off site stories, i think last year I wrote like 15 in total.

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago

Bloody hell you are productive. I picked a good noob. ^_^

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago

You just challenged me to a duel. You were supposed to add me as a co-author.

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'll add you, give me a sec. don't laugh too hard at my feeble attempts at a story

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago
You will do great, always you write each day.

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago

And I just went below 300 points again. Finding a 1/8 length story to rate...

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago

Mission accomplished

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago

Sorry not sorry

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago
Rate one of my games, pleaseeeeee

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago
Lol, loser.

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago

It's because I won that duel I challenged him to lol

but what do I have to say I'm no where near even 100

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago

You're 102...

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago
I don't recommend dueling those with more than 50 points, many can attest...

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago

Why not????

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago

Oh I am? Wow didn't even notice. Actually that makes me pretty happy, lol

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago

Also, as mentioned before, people can actually add someone as a co-author without their permission, so it's not impossible to have your name added to a project that you have absolutely nothing to do with.

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago
There really should be a request system for co-authors

Series of "Quetions"

3 years ago

You're not wrong