Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Jurrassic Fairview Park - Ultimate Cheat Guide

17 years ago

JFP is one of my absolute favorite storygames on the site. Unfortunately, it's also probably the hardest on the site. This pretty much describes it: Played 311 times and finished 3 times since 12/14/2004

In any case, since I've it before (a long time ago), I thought I'd give it a shot as I test this fancy new StoryViewer thing (which you should be testing too, see THE LOUNGE). Anyway, here's some tips for the sadistic willing to put themself through JFP.

~~ Warning ~~ Spoilers Ahead ~~

THE MALL --

• At the beginning, pick up as much money from the fountain as you can and make sure to go with the gaurds then tell an extensive lie; that should get you some good $ to start with
  • WALDEN BOOKS
    • Read over the guy's shoulder to get the clue: To stop the root of all our problems, Wes Gator must be eliminated
    • In the Cross Words / Games section, make sure to buy the gamebooks. You will get JFP Silver Edition
    • Get the chocoball too. those are yummy,
    • JFP Silver Edition is KEY to solving the puzzles in the game:
      •  Fairview Jurrasic Park Guide written by J.D. Roth
      • Every time you die in the game you lose 50 cents credit just like any other good video game now a days. To keep playing and starting over you have to stay over 1 penny. One way to earn mad cash is by dieing and keep doing things that will earn you more than 2 quarters, Items you may also be able to keep even though your dead. 
      • Use register two instead of one at Waldens.
      • Keep asking the radio shack guy to see what the low down is.
      • when it appears your dino dinner, try giving them something else for their tummy. (radical)
      • Sometimes dieing is the only way to get Awesome clues about the game!
      • Sometimes impossible tasks in the game can later become possible!
      • The most essential object to get however is the neutron bomb,am fm tape player, and it definitly wouldn't hurt to have some object that you can use to send objects places
      • all these can be obtained but are hidden some where in the game.
      • To use audio tapes, first grab the tapes, and once you've gotten them use the tape player to play em!! Also using objects during certain parts of the game can open up hidden pages You most likely will gain a list of objects, many of thes objects can be used in a variety of ways, so when you think it comes time to use an object give it a shot by scrolling down the list
      • Sometimes when you think you bit the big one there still might be hope for you, especially in a vauge death sequence.
      • buy the gold edition to to find out more secrets!
    • Check out at Register Two (per the cheat guide) to get the Order Receipt for JFP Gold Edition
  • THE GAP
    • Talk to Girl #1 at the register and get her phone #. This will get you a secret ending at the end.
    • I don't what the khakis do
  • RADIO SHACK
    • Buy the Grinch Car
    • Talk to the amish looking guy for the clue: He left his bomb hidden outside somewhere, in Fairview Park. I guess if some one tunes there radio to 89.3 within a two block radius, it'll go BOOM!
  • BATHROOM
    • Death scene, get the clue "Get your Pills From Amanda".
    • Don't hit back button -- just die. Then follow the links to tell an extensive lie. Oooh looks lke you've got 5000 more points ($50)
  • GNC
    • Get some smart pills from amanada
    • Get some Colin Blow from Brad
  • That's itt for now.

FAIRVIEW PARK

• explore the city, you'll find these links . there's some other fun stuff in the city
  • FAIRVIEW PLAZA - LASER QUEST
    • Get yerself the Laser Telcom to get some reinforcements later on
  • FAIRVIEW PLAZA - TOPPS
    • Save Mike Novac with the Chocoball (you did get one from waldens, right)?
    • get some hot dogs
  • FAIRVIEW PLAZA - DODDS Camera
    • You need 700 bux (70000 points) to buy it. You know how to get infinite money (bathroom/extensive lie), there is a secret to using this, but i dont remember what it was.
  • FAIRVIEW PLAZA - BEHIND
    • Bowling alley dumpster -- get the messed up bowling ball
    • Topps Dumpster -- holy crpa, could it be, the NEUTRON BOMB!
    • See the archeopatrix in the tree? He's hungry and could use a chocoball. Mmmm. chocoballs.
  • RUMPUS ROOM (off Robin Hood, off 220)
    • Enter room, "I have no cash", you still win. You can do this a bunch of time (infinite money!)
  • WASTEWAD - (MARCS)
    • Buy AM/FM Radio
    • Have fun in the 25c toy machine (keep popping in quarters)

BACK TO THE MALL

• This is actually the start of the end sequence. Yoiu need to have the right combination of items to get in
  •  
  • 1- "Mall Entrance you came out of is now blocked by Two Tyranosaurus Rex's ". Hmm, what do you have to stop dino's? LASER QUEST Telcom! Go get em Marshal!
  • 2 - Blast up the Triceratops with your new lazer gun
  • 3 - Brontosaurus. No need to be mean to bronty, he's a nice herbivore. But he does like chocoballs. Yum yum yum.
  • 4 - delephasaurus. BLAST these guys with the laser
  • Now you're in the mall. congrats.
  • If you want, you can try to make it to waldens. You know what you want there (Gold Edition), I wont tell you how to get it though
  • Otherwise, head on over to the food court

FOOD COURT

• Make an entrance, and feed the Ankylosaurus a chocoball
  • Rush at the people
  • (A new link)
  • Run past the cult memebers
  • escape the spinosaurus
  • Star Deli
  • Use Neutron Bomb, Grinch Car, and Radio (89.3)
  • You win!
  • There's a way to get a cool secret ending on the "congratulations" page but i'll let you figure that out

Enjoy. Phew.

17 years ago

nice job with the walkthrough :)

17 years ago
Holy shit dude.  JFP here I come.  Eventually.

17 years ago
J.D. Roth - HOLY SHIT! J.A.R is my initals.  Same last name too!

17 years ago

i cant find this area. :(

• WASTEWAD - (MARCS)
    • Buy AM/FM Radio
    • Have fun in the 25c toy machine (keep popping in quarters)

i need the radio!!!

nate

• Jurrassic Fairview Park - Ultimate Cheat Guide

17 years ago
    odd.

17 years ago

found it.

nate

17 years ago
    You've almost beat it then?

17 years ago

just did, and man its hard even with teh walkthrough lol its crazy dude.

nate

17 years ago
    MAN!!! Its JJJ found this account name an password in JFP Fucking rights.  Anyway back to JJJ account.

17 years ago

I BEAT IT YAY!

17 years ago
    How are you doing binladen?  Are you Solo?

17 years ago

bin ladens name and password is found in JFP. its near the end but you can use it.

nate

17 years ago
    Hahha, cool. But why?

17 years ago
    Hahha that is so cool, being able to use another screen name for braging rights for beating the game?

17 years ago

lol, its chocobots alterego.