Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

Mommy, Can I Go Out and Kill Tonight?

17 years ago
Is finished! I'm just touching up some photos and trying to test it more. I hope it works perfectly for everyone. I will probably publish it tonight.

17 years ago
Yay!

17 years ago
Great to hear, madglee! I will definitly play it when i get a chance :) thats the problem with me, I cant find time to play games, or even make em lol!

17 years ago
I can't say I've been waiting in anticipation for it, but now that it is getting released, I'm starting to get a bit hyped. Looking forward to it.

17 years ago
Its a contest favorite fo sho.

17 years ago
Yes! I've been really into your writing and a few others, and I have been waiting anxiously for another game by you, which will be out soon!

17 years ago
Like who else?

17 years ago

Let's see...tsmpaul, Karacan, alexp, fairviewcult, and you :), mostly from The Tower. I haven't played a lot of the games on this site yet, but i played a few, mostly featured, and these are the people that I found their writing very enjoyable to read. Of course there are many others, but I have yet to find them.

17 years ago
Thanks, Cake, hope you like it!

17 years ago
Your the best dude!

17 years ago
Thanks man! That means a lot.

17 years ago
That game is effing fantastic

17 years ago
:) Thanks to everyone who is reporting bugs to me, as well, I see there are some and while that irritates me, I expected it. Next version I'll fix them all.

17 years ago
Oh, and thanks for all the wonderful praise you've been giving me. I feel all warm and fuzzy. Oh! And on a different note, I successfully hooked up an XBOX 360 to a 50" wide screen HD tv and am streaming music with visuals from my PC out to my surround sound speakers. Hahah! Finally.

17 years ago
You are the best. Too bad you didn't go on for 3 years.

17 years ago

madglee makes me look like a horrible horrible author

Great job Mr. Glee

17 years ago
I feel like that every time i read Bukowski or Toole. We all have room for plenty of improvement.

17 years ago
w/hats next for you?

17 years ago
This has to be the most desciptive thing I have ever read.  I haven't cheated, and I believe I'll be playing this a total of two times.  Oh, and I'm not even finished with it yet.

This is a long good game.

8s are give where 8s are due.

They are due in this game, and as such, expect one more eight to be added to your score.

17 years ago

Yeah its my favorite game.

17 years ago
Um...  I died.

What can I use to stop whats-his-name from killing me inside Serge's house after he "accidentally" hits you for -20 endurance?

17 years ago
hahha i died in serges house as well, except i got by his mp5, not punched.

17 years ago

Hee hee I won!!!

I put all my stats on endurance and breezed through it.

17 years ago
Nothing accidental happens, but there are a few ways into the house. Most result in loss of endurance. The one that doesn't requires a bit of reasoning and items.

17 years ago

I got that "special" way

And I know when people rate masterpieces "six" it pisses me off.  I've gotten into weeklong fights over it ahhahahahaha

17 years ago
Hehehe. Oh, and what's next? I'm pretty sure it will be a fantasy adventure in Lone wolf style, using no variables or anything. Probably have a little sheet you can print out and write stuff down. Also, I'm going to make it PG-13 rather than R, I think.

17 years ago
Thanks Havvy! Someone gave it a 6, the anonymous blasters.

17 years ago
Can you PM me that special way by any chance?

Also, I haven't rated it yet.

I did see the 6 though.

17 years ago
I can, if you like, yes.

17 years ago
Havvy gets stumped very easily, he couldnt even beat JBCS

17 years ago
Actually, my luck is just too low.  I did it exactly as it wanted it too.

Oh, and in the beginning of the game I threw a rotting pizza into a garbage can...

I could tell when I should perform an action, and when I shouldn't.  I decided to drink while the officer was away from the vehicle writing a ticket.  Somehow I made it too the pharmacy, and than was arrested very brutally.  I found that odd.

17 years ago

I had 0 luck and beat it.

My stats were

100 endurance

0 rest.

Dont use dumb excuses havvy.

17 years ago
No, I made the syringe using one of my skills (that I can't spell), and when I got to the dog, I wasn't allowed to use the item.

17 years ago
Me neither but i still beat it

17 years ago
Oh, and quit using egotistical replies.

They are very insulting to me.

17 years ago

Do I need to open this can o' worms again?

Yes I'm conceited and egotistical but I give credit where its due (look at madglee).   Deal with it, bub.

17 years ago
Alright, well than, quit using egotistical replies to insult somebody.  You don't get on anyone's good side with it on big forums do you?

17 years ago
I didnt insult you, I only pointed out the obvious you took it as an insult when I merely said you get confuddled easily.  Is your pride really so overpowering that you cant even admit to that?

17 years ago
I don't get confused that easily.  If I make a mistake, I try to backtrack a reasonable amount until I can prevent it.  I couldn't find the way to prevent it with a good amount of backtracking.

17 years ago

I don't get confused that easily. 

What does the first sentance have to do with the second sentance and how does that affect that you couldnt even beat a simple game like JBCS and states as "its too hard" in the JJJ poll".

If I make a mistake, I try to backtrack a reasonable amount until I can prevent it.  I couldn't find the way to prevent it with a good amount of backtracking.

17 years ago
Well, om JBCS, I couldn't even figure out the layout, much less try to do any objectives.

The two sentences aren't really that related.  I tried every way imaginable though, to prevent my character from dying, but I failed.

17 years ago

"Well, om JBCS, I couldn't even figure out the layout, much less try to do any objectives."

Exactly.

17 years ago
Well, I tried to for twenty minutes.  I ended up giving up due to the fact it felt like a maze, and not a school.

17 years ago

Well so many other people got the hang of it and quickly so I dont see that as a good excuse.

17 years ago
How'd we change topic?

Anyways, what Madglee said was that you have to be lucky to get it (in a PM to me right after you said that)

17 years ago
Yeah but I beat it without needing luck.

17 years ago
Alright, I believe I'm getting the hang of JBCS.  I completed quest 1.

Anyways, can you tell me what exactly is a foyer?

Also, using left and right, I was confused, before I was thinking in perspective of the way I was moving.

17 years ago
What pharmacy? You drank and he came back and smelled it on your breath, right? How is that odd. Oh, they beat you man...they'll beat you. Can you not reveal things though, quite yet, since the story is so new? Thanks.

17 years ago
It said you could go to whatever place you worked, and than when I clicked it, the link didn't take me anywhere, but a new one opened up.  I would take it as a logical bug, but oh well.

17 years ago
That's not a bug. You could have gone to the hospital, but a new link opened because he smelled beer on your breath, so you got arrested. No disrespect, but how are you this confused? I sent you what to do, and it will work.

17 years ago
Okay, I just tested it again and it works fine. Even if you were calm and everything was fine, if you've been drinking, and then you pick up the ticket, that link grays and you go to a different page. That's by design, and is quite logical. The cop now can smell your beer-breath.

17 years ago
How the hell is that confusing!!!

17 years ago
Thanks for the great review, man.

17 years ago
Thanks.  I beat it after figuring out your tip.  I thought you said "Don't Use It", when you meant "Use it on that page."

Yah anyways, I noticed I missed out on a bunch of things, so I will be replaying it.

Excellent work.

17 years ago
My results were:

0 out of 100: Your level of psychosis
0 out of 10: Your psychedelic state

100 out of 100: Your level of sobriety

Your total score is 688 out of 1000
Your title is "Angelic Destroyer"
You achieved the best ending.

I liked it. It'd be a good ending at the end if the lyrics were in it again (you know, to that Thrill Kill Kult song).

17 years ago

WHY THE HELL IS THIS GAME BEHIND THE TOWER? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU MORONS! THIS GAME SHOULD BE #1.

Very flattering though.  I'd be soo cheesed off if a newbish game like the tower was beating my masterpiece.  poor madglee.

17 years ago
Lol, I love your story! I'm not pissed at all. Do you mean because it's on the top rated stories thing? I just noticed that. And don't call your game a "newbish" one. That is completely unfounded. You should be proud of the work you have contributed. I'm looking forward to reading more. :)

17 years ago
He was joking about the newbish part, and it feels that JJJ is always dramatizing Other Peoples emotions.  Oh well, drama is always good.

17 years ago
I wasnt joking.

17 years ago
See, I knew he wasn't joking. Woo for my perceptions!

17 years ago
I'm not sure what you mean by "dramatizing other people's emotions" Havvy, but that sounds a bit uncalled for, to me. Triple J and I are friends, and that phrase connotes that he is manipulative, at least how I see it, and I don't appreciate you saying that.

17 years ago
Thanks madglee!

17 years ago
There's a stupid, stupid error in my story that unfortunately affects every ending that would normally reset the game. I think this is what Nate was talking about earlier. Foolishly, at the end, I set the endurance variable, if less than 0, to go to a death page. If you die in the game, then try to "reset" game with a link, it obviously resets your endurance to 0, which brings you to that death page. Not sure if this is by design or what.

Regardless, it's not that big of a deal since you would have to reset anyway. Just close down and start over. Wanted you guys to know.

17 years ago
Featured, great job madglee.

17 years ago
Play my story! My life blood was sucked from me making it. Sir_Lancegalawain? Fleshy? Cake? Anyone? :(

17 years ago
Believe me I know the feeling, four weeks into Starwars being published, only two comments.  It sucks eh?

17 years ago
Pretty frustrating, especially when key members of the site don't play it.

17 years ago
Yeah Owners... wink wink nudge nudge

17 years ago

JJJ, he will play it while judging the contest entrants...

17 years ago
Yeah right around the time when he answers to the extension question.

17 years ago
Played and commented. Love your story! Really, we should have a favorite folder to keep all our favorite games in.

17 years ago
This has been posted like 30 times :)

17 years ago
Well, I gues that's another vote for a favorite folder.

17 years ago
Agreement

17 years ago

http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/message.aspx?MessageId=2777

Looks like the idea for a favourite games category in My Stuff has already been approved. I guess he'll add it at some time. Looks like a good feature.

17 years ago

It does indeed.

17 years ago
I started it a few minutes ago.  It seems like a great story, although very mature.  And I can see, just from the first twenty to thirty pages how one's life could be sucked from him in the making of it.

17 years ago
Yeah definintly.

17 years ago
I defy any of you to get arrested, then figure out how to create a weapon with which to kill the cops. You have to have the weaponmaster trait for you to be successful. While you're trying to do it, the cops will be chasing you and will catch you if you're too slow. Muahahaha!

17 years ago
No one, eh? Cowards!

17 years ago
Sethaniel figured it out! GREAT JOB!