Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

2007 Contest

17 years ago

does anyone know when the next contest will be?

Riley

2007 Contest

17 years ago
Not for awhile :P

2007 Contest

17 years ago
Yeah, probably not until next November/December at least. I wouldn't hold my breath.

2007 Contest

17 years ago

So if I finish Dead End next week it won't be in the contest?

Riley

2007 Contest

17 years ago

correct. all contests are currently over. the next one will be announced when they decide to do one. check the news/updates forums for that infromation

nate

2007 Contest

17 years ago
Maybe 3 months or more. (We may do a minor one in 3 months or something but the major one probably will be around november-february)

2007 Contest

17 years ago

What if I publish it and after the contest is announced unpublish it and republish it?

Riley

2007 Contest

17 years ago
No, that wouldn't work - it counts from when the story is FIRST published.

2007 Contest

17 years ago
DV publish it now. Make another one for then.

2007 Contest

17 years ago
you could just let it sit unpublished until its time

2007 Contest

17 years ago

ive said it before, and ill say it again. we should be here to write stories simply for the sake of writing stories. not to win a contest. while contests are encouraging, it shouldnt be the sole basis for writing a story. trust me, thats not a good enough reason to write a story. most people cant write that good in the first place. let alone when they only have money on their mind.

nate

2007 Contest

17 years ago

AMEN

Read Nates post DV13

2007 Contest

17 years ago

ITS ALL ABOUT THE CONTESTS! :P just kidding... anyways what JJJ did was he started the tower months before the contest had begun, and he asked alex if it could be entered, just send a PM to alex asking him about it if you are that concerned...