Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

IM ON HOLIDAY!

17 years ago

WOOHOO! NO MORE SCHOOL FOR 2 weeks!

also, I may not be on for a while after this monday, Im going to Sydney. Ah, Sydney, Luna Park, Bondi and Manly Beaches, The Patonga estuary (like a beach/river) and a plane flight...

IM ON HOLIDAY!

17 years ago
I finish my two week holiday on Monday. What a bummer, but congratulations for you.

Why the hell is it always Sydney? Melbourne's twice as good Sydney... don't see why everybody wants to go up there.. who wants to see an Opera House anyhow?

IM ON HOLIDAY!

17 years ago

Not the opera house, the beaches! Manly is the best i've seen, but I plan on going to Bondi as well this time.

Horseshoe bay/Pt. Eliot has to be the best for surf though.

What surf activity do you like? I like bodyboarding.

IM ON HOLIDAY!

17 years ago
Yo october. Melbournes got a couple of problems right now, and the reason that I'm bypassing it on my holiday.
a) HORRIBLE traffic. Maybe not as bad as Sydneys, but still worse than Adelaide
b) Water restrictions. Level 5. Were on Level 3 I think but its hell there
c) Sydney is faar more interesting. I went there once and I found it great

By the way Rommel, some dead person ended up on Horseshoe Bay not long ago. Better off going 2 middleton ;)

IM ON HOLIDAY!

17 years ago

2 weeks! I only had one...

riley

IM ON HOLIDAY!

17 years ago
I love bodyboarding. I went to this place called Marlo (in Victoria) and it had these awesome surf beaches for it. It was crazy.

And also, the did you (quadcam) watch Rove on Sunday, with his little speech at the start about Stage 5? We still use a heap of water. The only reason we've got stage 5 is because we're trying to get the message across about saving water. Most places (like where I live) still only have 3.

Anyhow, I don't think me posting this is going to change your family's mind about going to Sydney, but still, I recommend some places in Melbourne.

IM ON HOLIDAY!

17 years ago
meh. By the way, OUR water is being used to supply melbourne now. The murray basin is gone, and now meat/produce/general life is all gonna go up to sydney style prices, thanks to this. All thanks to Melbourne and Howard... God i could kill that man... I'm suprised Ask a ninja hasn't done so already!

IM ON HOLIDAY!

17 years ago
John Howard is a bit crazed in the head. He should have spent a billion dollars or so (which he can easily take from some of the politicians' salary) to get the flood water from the Northern Territory in the Wet Season to pipe it to Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia. Western Australia I think gets a little bit of flooding as well.

IM ON HOLIDAY!

16 years ago

Why hasn't anyone thought of building Desalinization plants? It might be expensive, but geez do we need them now...

IM ON HOLIDAY!

16 years ago
What about recycling water? Everybody seems to think it is disgusting, but the filters actually clean out a heap of a lot more. Desalination only gets rid of salt and a few other things, which means you still get pollution and fish sperm and crap like that. Recycled water is cleaner than the stuff we're getting now.

IM ON HOLIDAY!

16 years ago
According to an article I saw on "A Current Affair" there are towns that are already using recycled water, and some residents didn't even know it, and they're fine, they didn't get sick or anything. I think we need a mix of desal and recycled. With desal, we would have access to a steady supply of new water. With water levels so low, I don't think that just recycling what little water we have would be a big boost.

IM ON HOLIDAY!

16 years ago
That's a good point, but I still reckon we should pipe the flood water from the Northern Territory which just ends up going to waste during their dry season. It is like 1-2 billion dollars to make it happen, but surely we could afford that to end the drought, rather than other crap that they're doing.

IM ON HOLIDAY!

16 years ago
Recycling is a good idea, but a lot of people are cautious around it for obvious preducial reasons. Also, It doesn't do anything about the water used by industries, that have toxins etc... I think they would be harder to filter.