Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Should the Basic Editor have items?

16 years ago

Hey guys, i was thinking of submitting a request that the basic editor have items, do you think this is a good idea? For one thing, i would use the Basic editor more often (alright, i would have more unpublished games that were in the basic editor :P) as items would mean there are link restrictions, so if the User has Item1 then allow the link to be shown, if the User has Item2, allow a different lin kto be shown... etc.

16 years ago

I think the basic editor is supposed to be more like the CYOA books, so I don't think it should have items.

riley

16 years ago
I think I agree with riley. 

16 years ago
I don't think the Classic Editor should have anything more than it does now. If you want items in a storygame, just make it advanced. The only difference between the two is they have different categories in Contests. A Classic Editor storygame with items isn't a true classic storygame.

16 years ago
I'm with October on this one. The only new thing the classic editor needs is chapters, as these are just organisation aids.

16 years ago
Oh yeah, chapters should be added, but nothing else that alters the storygame. Things that can help organise the Classic Editor I'm all for, just don't do anything that will change how the storygame is played.

16 years ago
Alright, so just chapters seems to be the decision.

16 years ago
Thanks for your thoughts, guys!

16 years ago

Hey, I also think chapters would be a good idea for the classic storygame

16 years ago

Ive only briefly used it but I love chapters in the advanced editor