Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

I need some advice.

16 years ago
I am thinking about either making a Forset of Darkness Two, or just editing what I have already. What do you think? Do the like Forest of Darkness the way it is, or does it need some change?

I need some advice.

16 years ago

do a new story. dont go backwards, your story is completed. move forward to a new story. you can do it.

nate

I need some advice.

16 years ago
I am trying to come up with some ideas to make a sequel fresh, but still similar. Any suggestions?

I need some advice.

16 years ago
I'm going to disagree with Fleshy. Editing an existing story is never a bad thing; tightening up what already is there and maybe even expanding upon it. This can help to create new avenues within what exists, and potential new avenues for a future sequel.

I need some advice.

16 years ago
I do have a few things that I think I could make better, and with the type of story I have it would be easy to make it longer. Do you like the randomness of it, or should I make it not so random? Would some combat be a good addition?

I need some advice.

16 years ago

Honestly, I haven't read it. But like I said, it's never a bad idea to tighten up something you've already written. You can still make a sequel when you are finished tightening it up.

I'll have to read it in the next few days though, I'll give you a detailed feedback (whether you like it or not).

I need some advice.

16 years ago

i wouldnt go as far as to say its never a bad idea to tighten up your story. granted, just writing it and walking away for good is not the best answer either. but i fell into that trap of 'tightening' up one of my stories once, and it basically ruined it. sometimes its best to leave a good story alone. its up to the writers preference i guess.

nate

I need some advice.

16 years ago
Maybe all I need to do to it is fix up some of my spelling errors and fix the pictures. Can you see most of the pictues in my game? I can see almost all of them with my computer, but it might be different on other people's.

I need some advice.

16 years ago

I remember being able to see all the pics when I played it before.

I wouldn't add combat unless you think you can do it well.  Too much cys combat is just "kick him" or "punch him" with one choice leading to death.

I might try to add a storyline - some sort of overarching theme other than just "get out of the woods." 

I am thinking of the right game, right?  I think when I played, I mostly wandered around in the forest till I died.

I need some advice.

16 years ago
Yes, that's the one. Maybe my character should be looking for a hidden treasure or something. Is that too cliched? I'm also afraid that too much change won't be good for my story.