Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Monk

16 years ago

any fans? not the best show in the world, but i like the mystery aspects. could be better, but i think its got some good aspects. could make a good story....

nate

Monk

16 years ago
I love Monk!

Monk

16 years ago
Never heard of it. Story-line?

Monk

16 years ago

wow, never heard of it? its huge in these parts. anyway, basically Adrian Monk was a former policeman when his wife was killed. he then freaks out and develops massive phobias. 30+ i think. anyway, its a semi-comedy show about him. he gets fired as a cop, but is a 'consultant' for the PD as a detective. hes a neurotic sherlock holmes if you will lol

nate

Monk

16 years ago
That sounds really interesting, although I don't think it plays where I live.

Monk

16 years ago
Yeah, that's a great show!

Monk

16 years ago
I have mixed feelings about the show. It has it's moments, the premis of the show is great; but the writers often go overboard with the silly shit. I can't say I'm a fan, but I've watched it a few times.

Monk

16 years ago
I've seen an episode of it before. Have you seen the one where he hides in the washing machine and then the people trying to catch him turn it on without knowing he's in there? I tuned in halfway through, I had no idea what was happening, but yeah, it was a good show. Especially that part.

Monk

16 years ago

lol that sounds great. but no i havent seen that one. im in the process of watching them on my netflix plan. 1 dvd at a time, 3-5 dvds per season. just started season 2 today.

nate

Monk

16 years ago

Ah.  Pretty soon you'll be able to join the Sharona vs. Natalie debate.

I like that not all the eps are whodunits-- sometimes, Monk knows who did it and has to prove how.

Monk

16 years ago

ive actually seen newer episodes with the newer chick in them. shes pretty good. i still havent gotten to why sharona left yet though. dont ruin it. or does it even explain it?

nate

Monk

16 years ago

The straight-up answer is:  because Bitty Schram wanted to leave.

The in-show answer is an absolutely awful travesty of a decision for the character of Sharona.  It's like whoever wrote that part of it never saw an episode of the show and had Sharona described to him in ten words or less.