Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Zombie Games

15 years ago
Apparently, almost every new member who comes onto CYS makes their first game about zombies. Since I returned from my vacation, I've been checking the profiles of newcomers, and THEY ALL HAVE ZOMBIE GAMES, or at least most of them have Zombie Games. I mean, I suppose zombie stories are one the easiest kind of story to write, but can't we see some originality? At least give me something that no one has done before, whether it be why the zombies were zombified, or something like that.

Well, I want to hear from the newbies who are making these zombie stories. Why did you choose to make a zombie story?

Zombie Games

15 years ago
I'm actually suprised at myself for never doing a proper zombie story given how much I like the genre. Granted its crossed my mind a few times, but ultimately I can never come up with a really good idea for one that hasn't been already done in the movies.

Zombie Games

15 years ago
I don't think I wrote a zombie story... My first story was Haunted House, I think. And then I did Dirty Laundry, then Priest hood. Meh I was planning on making one though. But JJJ talked me out of it.

Zombie Games

15 years ago
Well...I don't remember all of their names, but basically if you check anyone with NO PROFILE ENTERED, they'll probably have a zombie game, in the works or otherwise.

Zombie Games

15 years ago

Uggh

I hate them, I hate them, I hate them

Zombie Games

15 years ago
I didn't write a zombie game.

Seth never wrote a zombie game.

bobmcbob never wrote a zombie game, did he?

I do agree that a lot of the mostly blank profiles appear to have one zombie-related game started.

Zombie Games

15 years ago
You and Seth don't have blank profiles, but I have to check if Bob does.
Still, I'm just discriminating. Yeah, that's right.

Zombie Games

15 years ago

There's nothing wrong with a zombie game if done right...*coughcoughwinkwinkandshit*

Riley

Zombie Games

15 years ago
Agreed. I find nothing wrong with somebody making any game, as long as its made well.

Zombie Games

15 years ago
Eheh, that's the problem. These people are noobs, and realistically, they're not going to be making games getting 8's, 7's, or even 6's. Well, maybe some 6's...

Zombie Games

15 years ago
EDIT

'newbies', not 'noobs'

Zombie Games

15 years ago
I love "Dead End" and thats a zombie game.

Zombie Games

15 years ago

Hey my first game was a zombie game and I like, won a prize for it and stuff.

But really, just like zombie movies, they're easy to make, but to make a good one, that is harder.

Zombie Games

15 years ago
Aside from Dead End, I think zombies are crap. No, I mean dont they come from poop-infested toilets?

Zombie Games

15 years ago

Oh, crap... I have an unfinished zombie game in this site, too. Granted, I've put it (and all others) away and working only on The Trip, and it's a medieval zombie game, which I don't think has ever been done before (but don't quote me on that)...

Stil...

Is everyone sick of zombie games? If so, I wouldn't mind getting rid of it. It's not the best idea I ever had.

Zombie Games

15 years ago
DONT YOU DARE get rid of The Trip. youve been working on that for a long time! we have all been waiting for it. you better do it!
now that im done threatening, welcome back. :)
nate

Zombie Games

15 years ago

Zombie games aren't bad. But if they're just crappy, run-of-the-mill zombie shoot-em-up withevers, then yes, those kind of zombie games are bad. But I doubt The Trip, since you put a lot of time into it, and if it has a really good and tense storyline, then I can't wait.

Zombie Games

15 years ago

EDIT

TYPO

I forgot how I started the sentence...

Omit the "But I doubt The Trip" part.

Zombie Games

15 years ago

The Trip isn't the zombie game, Knight of the Living Dead is the zombie game!

The Trip is about... well, it's complicated.

All I meant was that I was putting all my other games on hold (including Knight of the Living Dead) to work on The Trip.

Zombie Games

15 years ago

I HAVE PLAYED THE TRIP :D

Zombie Games

15 years ago

Just part of it!

Zombie Games

15 years ago
Touché

Zombie Games

15 years ago

Actually, MY first game will not be about zombies, but they will be in it. The game is about... wel, if you read the title, you'll know.

Zombie Games

15 years ago

Are you dissing zombies? What about Half-life 2? Halo CE?

Zombie Games

15 years ago

The Flood was one of the best parts about--

Wait, why the hell did you bring this thread back to life!!!

Zombie Games

15 years ago

Blame afro, not me.

Whoops.

Zombie Games

15 years ago

IT WAS ONLY A MONTH OLD, PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!!!!!

Zombie Games

15 years ago
Don't worry, I swiped your address off of Anubis's dresser after doing his mom. (BURN...sorry 'bout that)

Zombie Games

15 years ago

You epic fail, mage, because you apologized after making one of the top 10 worst "burns" ever.

Zombie Games

15 years ago
DEP is the only person to successfully pull off an e-momma burn. As far as I know. Mage, that was as bad as your defense for Fleshy. Bad.

Zombie Games

15 years ago

lol OOOOH Buuuurn!

Zombie Games

15 years ago

Burn, Baby, Burn!

Disco Inferno!