Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

I demand answers!!!

15 years ago
Okay here's the deal, I live in east Nebraska and for the last few nights for the first time my family and I heard this weird screeching possible birdlike sound.  I've never heard this sound before and I've lived here in the same house all my life.  I looked at a bunch of owl sounds (other people on the internet with similar question were referred to owls) and none of them come very close at all to the right sound,  I'm going to try to record the sound next time I hear it and put it up to help but it's eating at me and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what animal is making this sound.  I'm pretty sure it's a bird but I have no clue what kind.

I demand answers!!!

15 years ago
Huh. That's scary. Can't be a grouse, cause they explode.

...Idk, possibly cars. Scary.

I demand answers!!!

15 years ago
Dude. Zombies!! Duh!!

lol jk I have no idea what that is. Maybe it's like a...branch scratching on the window or something. Creepy.

I demand answers!!!

15 years ago
Zombies?  No...  That's absurd!

It's me.  I'll try and keep it down - no promises.

I demand answers!!!

15 years ago
I know it...its...a...GIANT BIRD!! or Yeti.
But its probably your weird neighbor snooring or kids getting ready for halloween.

I demand answers!!!

15 years ago
Giant Bird = Roc.

Is this sound keeping you up at night, mage?

I demand answers!!!

15 years ago
The only thing that keeps me up at night is the rabbit I have in my room....

And my friend's pyschopathic murderer imaginary friend Chi-Chi the (American swimming Rambo) Panda. If you wish to know more just ask. ; )

I demand answers!!!

15 years ago
I'm bored so I'll tell you guys...

Chichi was a panda at the zoo, he escaped and SWAM to AMERICA. he fought his way through Canada and America, killing people RAMBO style. From, there Chi-Chi met Arme Gaden (my alter-ego)
ChiChi blew up stuff and shot people
ArmeGaden robbed, sliced, and stabbed

Well, there ya go. Todalu!

I demand answers!!!

15 years ago
...Wow. Wait, so...did Chi-Chi use a compound bow with explosive-tipped arrows, or an M60E3, or a KA-BAR?

I demand answers!!!

15 years ago
all of the above, and more. Such as grenades, m-1 grands, magnums and once his own leg

I demand answers!!!

15 years ago
M1 Garand. It's the good man's last name.

But did you actually see the Rambo movies?

I demand answers!!!

15 years ago
my mom wouldn't let me, see HATES those kinds of movies. My friend saw #1

I demand answers!!!

15 years ago
OMG You has to see them. Somehow.

Acutally, I can understand why your mom wouldn't want you to see the latest Rambo - Rambo IV. It's a more recent one. That shit is GORY! No joke, man.

The other movies aren't too bad. They were gory for the time, but it's pretty much nothing nowadays. And if you think it's just a run-and-gun action explosion-fest, think again. I mean, it is action-packed, but it is still a great story, and serves as a political/social statement. I mean, it was more powerful back then, but whatever. Still cool.

The best one in my opinion is Rambo 2.
Rambo 1 is actually called First Blood. Rambo fights the local police for being assholes to him. Yeah, it seems stupid but you get over it.
Rambo 2 is actually called Rambo: First Blood 2. Rambo is sent back to 'Nam to rescue POW's (like McCain, lol). Thing is, the military doesn't care about getting the POW's out of 'Nam - it's just a political thing. Still, Rambo returns to base in a half-dead chopper with the POW's. Oh, and there's a hot Vietnamese chick that follows him around during his op.
Rambo 3 is called Rambo 2: First Blood 3 I think. Whatever. Rambo goes to Afghanistan to do something or other - I forget exactly. Anyway, he ends up fighting along side Afghan rebels and takes down a Soviet chopper with virtually his bare hands.
Rambo 4 is called just plain John Rambo, or maybe even just Rambo. Anyway, Rambo is hired by some people who want to give food and medicine to some poor people in Burma (aka Myanmar). Along with a band of Mercenaries, Rambo pwns some Myanmar militants and has a very gory vacation there. Fun.

I think they're making Rambo 5, or are at least thinking about. Whatever. Sylvester Stallone FTW.