Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Big Brother

14 years ago

Who here watches Big Brother on CBS?  I love the show and there's one more person out there, the one who made the Big Brother Fan Fiction storygame.  The name I don't remember.  But...anyone else?

Big Brother

14 years ago
There's no big brother fan fiction game here is there?

Fantastic show, I love it. Addicting.

Big Brother

14 years ago
I've never seen it. Maybe now I will. haha

Big Brother

14 years ago
You'll probably hate it. 90% of sane people I've ever met, do. It's usually the super fucking annoying thirteen year old girls (or people with the same level of intelligence) that find it fun and awesome.

I'm either a thirteen year old girl, someone of such maturity level, or an exception to the rule.

Big Brother

14 years ago
NSF up there is one of those too.

Big Brother

14 years ago

I prefer fictional dystopias. You know, so I can sleep at night.

Big Brother

14 years ago

I'm with ya, Rommy. I'm not clear as to whether this is a drama about boringness or something from around 1984.

Big Brother

14 years ago

I've never seen it.  And now I never will.

Big Brother

14 years ago
It's not a drama, you fucking idiot. It's classified as a voyeuristic reality TV show. For a reason.

Big Brother

14 years ago

Voyeur, you say? 

I've never seen it. Maybe now I will.

:p  ...I guess I can check out an episode and see how that goes. 

Big Brother

14 years ago
Bahaha, well it's blurred out on TV, but the hardcore fans (myself not included) pay a monthly fee to get a 24-hour feed online, with no censorship. You can get a 3 day trial if you're so inclined.

Big Brother

14 years ago
The premise is essentialy... SURVIVOR in a house. No outside contact with the world, just 10 (ish) people in a house.

Every week, there is a competition for HEAD OF HOUSEHOLD. This person puts two people on the block. At the end of the week, whoever is on the block is voted on by the rest of the house members (not including the HOH) and the one with the most votes goes home.

HOWEVER, there's a twist. There is a "VETO" competition. Everyone except the HOH competes and the winner can take one person off the block (including themselves if they're on it) and then the HOH has to pick someone else to go on the block.

So there's LOTS of dynamics and backstabbing. I mostly watch it because it really helps with my study of psychology... AND ITS FUCKING ENTERTAINING.

But beyond that, there's another twist. Each week there are "have's" and "have nots". If you're a have-not then you can only eat SLOP and two foods that the public chooses (this week, I'm hoping it's anchovies and artichokes cuz thats just mean). Whereas the "have's" can eat a variety of things.

There are various other luxury competitions as well.

Big Brother

14 years ago

Haha, I saw the recap on one of the episodes online, and it looks like a bunch of assholes locked in a house. :p  They literally all look like they're assholes who, as you say, backstab eachother and what have you.

Big Brother

14 years ago
Jeff is actually a nice guy, and Jordan is a really hot and literally extremely stupid dumb blonde. Who is in love with Jeff.

I want Jeff to win.

I want Russell to come second.

I want Jordan to come third.

I want Kevin to come fourth. I wouldn't mind if he came third, I like Kevin too.

I want Lydia to come fifth. I dislike her.

I want Natalie to come sixth. She's a stupid idiot.

I fucking hate Chima and hope she dies in a hole. (She's about to get kicked off by the producers for failing to wear her mic anyways, I think.)

Big Brother

14 years ago
Jeff (salesman) - Charismatic, funny, attractive, mediocre intelligence but smart at the game, practical, blunt on occasion.

Russel (martial artist) - Aggressive, somewhat rude, loyal to Jeff for saving his ass, really not afraid to make enemies BUT HE'S USUALLY RIGHT when it comes to arguments, not tactical, willing to do anything to win.

Jordan (waitress) - Attractive, extremely stupid, in love with Jeff, naive, extremely nice and a pleasant person.

Kevin (Graphic Designer) - Extremely Gay... literally.. not as an insult.. he's the MOST homosexual person ever, funny, good at staying under the radar, wrongful allegiance, subtle.

Lydie (Make-up artist) - Fucking annoying. Seriously, super annoying. She has this unicorn that she is obsessed with and it's like.. gtfo. Was best friends with Kevin until Kevin didn't disobey chima and save Lydia. Lydia is now pretending to be friends with him. Stupid whore. Hate her so much. Cool make-up though.

Natalie (martial artist) - Chima's pawn. Chima will be kicked off soon so she'll look REAL stupid. Rude, annoying, anti-Russel (like Chima) and just a cow in general. Her and Chima are on the block right now, which makes my life because unless they get veto'd, one of them is going home. Hopefully both if Chima gets kicked off.

Chima - The epitome of fucked up. She's got mental issues. Seriously.

Big Brother

14 years ago

I like it a lot.  The big blowouts between people are the really entertaining parts. :)

Big Brother

14 years ago

rofl, JJJ you just proved the inferiority of reality shows to actual fiction. LOLOL It's still technically drama, you fucking idiot.

Big Brother

14 years ago

Hey, hey, the only fucking idiot around is JJ... oh... Oh, my.

:p  Just kidding, bro.  You're great.  Even if you are the world greatest Britsh person, which is paradoxical in a sense.

Big Brother

14 years ago
No, you fucking moron. There's a difference between: "a drama" and "drama".

Big Brother

14 years ago
A stupid girl in middle school would know that.

Big Brother

14 years ago

Yeah, Anubis!  You fucking idiot! >:O

Big Brother

14 years ago

lololol Seriously JJJ, cut your dick off. I just forgot the term 'reality tv' for a second. Anyway, the only reality show I watch is Majide, and that's not on over the summer. ;(

Big Brother

14 years ago
rofl.

Big Brother

14 years ago
For those who came in late and read JJJ-thebanisher's entry explaining what's going on in the house right now, that's old. I'll fill you in now:

From what I've seen, Jeff has HOH, Russell and Natalie are on the block and the others still in the house are Jordan, Kevin, and Michele (you forgot her,by the way, JJ-can I call you that?).

My opinions on the houseguests are:

Jeff: Nice, smart Big Brother player, athletic=thumbs up.

Jordan: Nice, friendly, not too smart though=thumbs up

Kevin: Funny, friendly, needs to make better friends though=thumbs up

Russell: Hardcore player, argues a lot, has been backstabbed a little, falsely accused of betraying Jeff=50/50

Michele: Drifter, SUPER-smart (seriously, she is brainy) doesn't have many allies=50/50

Natalie: Backstabber, power-hungry, b-word=thumbs down

Anybody feel differently????

Big Brother

14 years ago

I don't know what it's like over there, but Big Brother here is absolute shit.

I think they've cancelled it now and aren't making another season, I can only hope it stays that way, but yeah every single person on the show appears to be a vacuous outline of what one might call an intelligent life form.

Big Brother, to me, represents everything that bad television can be- I can understand if you like it for the psychology aspect JJJ, but if the people on it are anything like the ones in the Australian version you are better off studying the psychology of cockroaches, you'll at least have the possibility of enjoying yourself.

Big Brother

14 years ago

Winston knew, finally, that he loved Big Brother. The dystopia of crap television was complete.

Big Brother

14 years ago

Yay! More 2 Minute Hates!

Big Brother

14 years ago
I dunna Miccy. The average person resembles a cockroach (like the big brother ensemble do) more than you might think!

Big Brother

14 years ago

Radroach more like it.

Big Brother just seems too...modern for me. And I mean modern in the bad sense, ie modern culture's vices, ie people. I hate people when they act like people, ie mediocre assholes.

Big Brother

14 years ago
So essentially, you're employing the: "I am holier than thou" attitude.

Big Brother

14 years ago

I sure are.

Big Brother

14 years ago

I don't know what Anubis is on about, but I'll ignore it in light of the Fallout reference.

And yeah JJJ, maybe they do... maybe they do. Of course cockroaches are probably cleaner, but who am I to judge?