Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago

MW2, L4D2, and AC2 ftw.

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago
AC2? Which one was that again?

Plus, you forgot NSMBW. Which has been absurdly fun so far to me.

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago

I believe he meant AC^2, as is: Anubis's Cock Squared. 

It's pretty good.

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago

MW2 is awesome. Did you know chuck norris is a character in the game? He comes down with his fist and causes an explosion, death to all, and an instant win.       (aka: Tactical Nuke)

Waiting for x-mas to get AssAssin's Creed II, but heard its coolio yo. I love how Leonardo Da Vinci is your best bud, since I wrote a research paper on him last year, hope he lives up to expectations.  

btw: love dual G18s

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago
Ah, that's right. Assassins Creed 2. Looks pretty good, but I wasn't much of a fan of the first one.

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago

Doesn't look half as good ad AC^2, I bet you that. haha

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago

Just got Assassin's Creed 2, but I don't want to play it yet until I at least beat Dragon Age once. (Almost near the end though)

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago

lol I love you Zero

and also epic rofl at 25 Killstreak: Chuck Norris! That's the best joke I've heard in a while actually... good stuff.

Anyway, I haven't dug into AC2 or AC^2, but I'm totally psyched to get around to that. I've been raping small children with my M93 Rafficas and TAR-21's in MW2, and I just got to play a full game of Versus on L4D2, and lemme tell you. It is the shit. I particularly love Coach when he says "MOVE YO ASS AND GET SOME GAS!" when you're filling up your escape vehicle. It's more awesome zombie killing fun like the first game, but there's so much new stuff - not just weapons and characters, but the flow of the game is different; the crescendo events require you to move, not camp - that it feels like a totally new experience. Back to MW2, the story is awesome. Yeah, I know it's short, but at least it's not tediously long. Some people found it confusing or something, but they're idiots. And others said it was too action-packed and should be more battlefield-oriented, but does anyone really want to play this game:

http://www.modernwarfare247.com/news/intel-items-walkthrough

(video at the bottom)

So all 3 games will prolly, nay, DEFINITELY last me this whole year, and probably the year after that.

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago

Haha, you can't honestly say that you've not dug into AC^2.  You know you have.  I know you have.  We know you have.

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago

Today, I just did. AC^2 IS THE SHIT! Still have yet to get into AC2.

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago

I've been playing Assassin's Creed 2 since Tues night and it is AWESOME. Fantastic story, music, and the gameplay is even better than the first. And courtisans are the shiznaz

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago
Ac2 sucks. You have no taste in games.

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago

Wow, way to make your argument credible ahha you pathetic chode ahahaha.

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago

I detect a challenge to a duel.

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago

Hm, I'm about to go out and get a PS3.  Too bad all these games are expensive as fuck.

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago
So far Assassin's Creed 2 is definitely better than the first one. I still like Dragon Age more though.

I also picked up The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition since it was cheap and never played it when it first came out. I thought it was alright, and I'm usually not into Star Wars games. The extra content was cool since they follow an alternate "darkside" reality storyline where Starkiller takes Vader's place and events from the first trilogy turn out a little differently.

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago
I liked the first one more, I couldn't get into the new character at all and I thought that the addition of currency and stuff felt like it was going 1/10th of the way to an RPG and was very shallow.

As for Dragon Age, I really fucking want to play it! Give me the run down!!!!

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago
I thought AC2 felt more like Grand Theft Auto: Renaissance Italy.

As for Dragon Age, I liked it a lot. There's quite a bit of opportunity for replay due to the 6 different character origins, not to mention the different alliances you can make. You get different endings depending on what you did as well.

Combat takes some getting used to since it encourages you to think a little tactically, but is easy enough to get a hang of. There's enough fighting and loot to be had. Plenty of dialog choices too. The only thing it doesn't have as much of, is random exploration. Just about every place you can go to, is quest related in someway, meaning there really isn't just some "wilderness" area where you can wander and kill monsters. Other than that it's a pretty well rounded RPG.

I liked most of the party members you can recruit. They can leave or even betray you if you start doing things they don't like or approve of. There's sort of uneven amount of warrior type party members though, (5 Warriors, 2 Rogues, 2 Wizards) seems like they could've made 2 of those warriors into 1 more rogue and wizard to give more variety. All of the party members have their own quests assuming you get their approval rating high enough.

In usual Bioware fashion they added romances. Four party members are romancable and yes you can have hot girl on girl action if you want or man on man action if you're into that too. Hell, you can even have a 4 way orgy under certain circumstances.

Anyway, I went through the game as a Dwarf Commoner and was probably complete bastard throughout the game. It doesn't have a morality system so much as it relies on approval ratings from your party members and your actions pissing off other NPCs.

Here's some of the fun things I did:

Ripped off the Dwarf crimelord I was working for.
Punched out a mother before I killed her demon possessed son.
Contributed to the further oppression of mages by letting a bunch of religious knights destroy their tower.
Wiped out an entire Elf Clan with the help of Werewolves.
Endorsed a corrupt Dwarf Prince and secured his power base with soul bound golems.
Contaminated a holy artifact with tainted blood and let a crazy cult flourish.
Let slavers take more elves for magic experiments.
Had one of my party members executed for being annoying.

And after all that, I was considered a hero to everyone and made into a Paragon by my own people. Lol.

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago
HAHAHAHAHAHAAH

That's more awesome than C++ is difficult.

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago

AC2 isn't supposed to be an RPG, it's an Adventure Platformer CHILD KILLING SIMULATOR (no) that rewards the player for doing missions and exploring. By the almost end of the game, you have fuck-tons of cash, but whatever; at least it's at the end of the game when you can buy all the weapons and armor and then you have time and incentive to use them. I didn't mind the addition of currency to be annoying or a problem - and in fact it's just fun to pick everyone's pockets and then hire Courtisans. The assassination is still fun and every gameplay aspect fits conveniently with the time; money, flying machines, arm pistols, etc. And jumping on people's gondolas and making them jump off is always fun. lol So if you don't like AC2, you can go SUCK A DICK. :D

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago
I didn't say AC2 was meant to be an RPG, I said I didn't like it as a game because I couldn't get a feel for the character. It's also a repetitive monotonous game that has you doing the same thing over and over. The parkour is the best aspect and it gets boring quickly.

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago

aight, but I liked Ezio. Altaiir was a Bamf to be sure, but I actually got into Ezio a bit more. He had more characterization; he went from a carefree playboy whose parents are killed to someone who's determined to destroy a conspiracy to a true Assassin fighting against the Templars. So he was even more a believable and dynamic character than Altaiir, which means you're strange. :PPPP

As for the repetitiveness, a lot of people get so angry by doing the same 10+ missions and being able to climb and run around on anything. I just don't really get that. People are spoiled by the awesome parkour gameplay which I loved throughout the game, and the more missions than AC1 were more than enough new content to keep me entertained. I'm pretty sure that since I'm used to repetitiveness from old gen games that it doesn't bother me as much. Alas, today's standards are both too high and too low.

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago
Not at all, you're just spoiled by graphics and a good mechanic. You've come to think that a good game is good because it's got the bells and whistles. There is NOTHING behind AC2, it's all exterior with no horsepower.

Do While Repetitions < Repetitions Required;
"Find Eagle Point to expand map";
"Do repetitive miscellaneous missions";
"Kill boss/see cinematic";
Repetitions = Repetitions + 1;
Loop;

Seriously. It's ridiculous. Sure the parkour is nice (for the first hour or five), sure the graphics are superb and sure it's quite flashy. It even has a decent storyline. But for fucks sakes, the mechanic is absolutely terrible. One of the worst I've ever seen. It's not an RPG, it's super repetitive for an action game and the landscape and tasks are both MENIAL and more repetitive than debugging a C++ app.

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago
(Oh guards are looking for me. Oh I killed one. Oh I'm running. Oh I hid. Oh I'm safe. Oh guards are looking for me. Oh I killed one. Oh I'm running. Oh I hid. Oh I'm safe. Oh guards are looking for me. Oh I killed one. Oh I'm running. Oh I hid. Oh I'm safe. Oh guards are looking for me. Oh I killed one. Oh I'm running. Oh I hid. Oh I'm safe. Oh guards are looking for me. Oh I killed one. Oh I'm running. Oh I hid. Oh I'm safe. Oh guards are looking for me. Oh I killed one. Oh I'm running. Oh I hid. Oh I'm safe. Oh guards are looking for me. Oh I killed one. Oh I'm running. Oh I hid. Oh I'm safe. Oh guards are looking for me. Oh I killed one. Oh I'm running. Oh I hid. Oh I'm safe. Oh guards are looking for me. Oh I killed one. Oh I'm running. Oh I hid. Oh I'm safe. Oh guards are looking for me. Oh I killed one. Oh I'm running. Oh I hid. Oh I'm safe. Oh guards are looking for me. Oh I killed one. Oh I'm running. Oh I hid. Oh I'm safe. Oh guards are looking for me. Oh I killed one. Oh I'm running. Oh I hid. Oh I'm safe. Oh guards are looking for me. Oh I killed one. Oh I'm running. Oh I hid. Oh I'm safe.)

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago
Oh and I find it funny that you mention twice that you haven't played Assassin's Creed and then you go on about how you like Ezio better than Altair.

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago

While this may seem offtopic, I'd like to make it known:  This post was just a pleasure to read. haha  Weird.

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago
LOL, poetic right?

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago

Wow. Fail at reading JJJ. I HAVE played Assassin's Creed 1, you goddamn moron, so I know what I'm talking about. Oh and sorry that not every game is an RPG. lol I just love that it's actually a reason why you think it's bad.

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago

and as for the Parkourness and whatnot, I am not spoiled by "pretty graphics" - I have MW2 to spoil me for that lol, which also has good gameplay - I'd rather play a GBA game that I loved than Crysis or whathaveyou. Frankly it's a difference of personality whether one can sit down, shut up, and enjoy a gameplay mechanic. People exaggerate the "repetitiveness" of this new gameplay element even though it's just one game old. So, yes, it's just a fact that I can play and enjoy a game's new gaemplay element for a game and its sequel and perhaps more sequels, and I don't have to whine for new innovations just because some other game was able to invent a genre. That's chronologically unfair. Adding to a trusted formula or genre is not repetition or bad design. It's just funny how you hate the parkour element's "repetitiveness" even though jumping and climbing builings and whatnot is what adventure platformers are about. Hence. If you have such a stigma against platform games and non-RPG's, I just can't take your argument of AC2 and just about any other game being a bad game seriously because you're biased against the whole damn genre.

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago
Hahhaa, you dipshit.

"as for the Parkourness and whatnot, I am not spoiled by "pretty graphics" - I have MW2 to spoil me for that lol, which also has good gameplay - I'd rather play a GBA game that I loved than Crysis or whathaveyou."

Ramble on some more, why don't you. Here is a paraphrasement of what just happened:

3J: You like X because of X1 and X2.
Anubis: No! I like other games!

What a piece of shit argument.

"Frankly it's a difference of personality whether one can sit down, shut up, and enjoy a gameplay mechanic."

No, it's a different of personality whether one gets bored by a lack of stimulus as opposed to someone like you who simply has to see a character moving around on screen to be entertained.

"People exaggerate the "repetitiveness" of this new gameplay element even though it's just one game old."

This is my favourite stupid quote from you. The gameplay is essentially the same from AC to AC2. Let's count this:

Ac 1 - Game 1
Ac 2 - Game TWO.

Two is the number after one (for the folks at home). BUT even if it were the first game in the series (because I know you're going to point out three trivial differences between the two mechanics and call it unique) it would still be a fucking stupid repetitive system.

HOW CAN YOU EXAGGERATE THE REPETITIVENESS OF A CYCLE, YOU IGNORAMUS.

As for your semi-lucid quasi-maniacal comments about what YOU think is a platform game, if that were true, they'd all fucking suck. What of it? Don't take me seriously? Shove it up your ass.

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago

Aight, I'll shove it up my ass. Fits nicely :D

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago
haha

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago

Omg, I'm such a Riot Shield whore. Me, my riot shield, and my throwing knife are unstoppable. Haha, I got MVP with just a Riot Shield I'm so epic.

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago

Lol I hate people who are GOOD with the riot shield, if they're bad, then its hilarious. I like when you get into a 1v1 fight with a riot shield and it last forever,  just running in circles around a truck, maybe getting a punch or a bullet every once and a while.

Right now though, I'm trying for the almighty nuke, and I've gotten 23 kills...grrrrrrrr.....

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago

I've been using a Vector with RDS, akimbo'd Rangers, and Marathon, Lightweight, and Commando. Good stuff. And turns out Demolition is a lot of fun. I get so many kills, bomb plants/defusals, and overall points, as well as challenges, that its an orgasmic blast.

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago

I'm thinking about getting MW2, but I don't feel like spending $60 on a game... So, I'm conflicted! :O

Maybe when it goes down, I'll pick it up, but there's no point in me getting a game for that much which I'm not even going to have time to play. haha

I made finally made a PSN name, by the way:  Capt_lil_johnson.  Yeah.  That's how secure I am.

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago

Uh, the fact that CoD4 was still at $60 until MW2 was released, and now is at $40 (lowest what I've seen), so don't expect to be able to cut corners. It's worth $60, man. Go get it already.

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago

Yes - get it!  Positutly worth  $60

Also, Anubis isn't lying, last spring, cod4 was $50 USED and cod 5 was also $50. So, yeah, they're that good.

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago
As a person who didn't like CoD4 and isn't a fan of CoD games in general (Though bought WaW for Nazi Zombie fun.), I gotta say...

CoD:MW2 is a lot of fun. :D

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago
Awesome. Thanks guys, I thought that one might be a hit when I designed it. Back in 'nam.

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago

(Spoof on microsoft add)

I'm JJJ and mw2 was my idea.

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago

Well I made Half-Life, bitches.

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago
ROFL, I just laughed out loud.

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago

Speaking of Half-Life, I'm looking forward to the upcoming Black Mesa Source (halflife source mod, free, redone and with Co-op) and also Counterstrike: Tactical Intervention, which is being designed by one of the original CS modders, Minh Le. He's implied that in TI the rounds are going to be quicker, there will be innocent bystanders to shoot and (hopefully) nerfed sniper rifles.

But this year's been mostly sequels so i'm buying games from a few years back. Halfway through Psychonauts now.

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago

FREE!!!!?!?!?!? GOD I LOVE VALVe!!!!

And CS:TI sounds cool. I love how Valve is so involved with their community. GAH JIZZZZ!

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago

Black Mesa Source is an independent mod, lol. Theyve comitted to releasing this year

www.blackmesasource.com

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago

Well yeah, that's what I mean. Valve allows their community to pwn. I never played HL-1, so Black Man Mesa Source will be coolio.

November Sexaytiem

14 years ago

Hell yeah! With the meh-ness of Unreal Tournament 3, Valve is now the most mod-friendly game developer. Suck it, Epic.