Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago

This place has been close to barren for the longest time.  It seems like shortly after Anubis went off - to either Doucheville, Uranus, or death - everything's been lazy around here.  And it's probably because JJJ's mafia game got cut short that it slowed down so much.

I get that people are busy and what have you, but it doesn't take too much to show up and post something somewhere.  I was just wondering what everyone's been up to lately.  I've been finishing up my busiest year ever! haha  Senior year's been crazy as hell.

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago
well, reach beta, tennis (we're section champs), research paper and about to start studying for finals. So, nothing much

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago

I heard that there was a lot wrong with that game.  Though, I haven't played it myself.  And that's cool.  I played tennis this year, and all I can say about that is that we weren't last, at least. haha  I've got a tourney tomorrow, of which we'll certainly not win, but may not be last in. haha  Finals are for pussies, so, I understand. :p

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago

I can only remember pieces of what I've been up to lately. Sometimes I can't sleep at all so I just wander around at night, but when I do sleep some mornings I wake up with fresh blood on my hands. It's not mine though.

I think...I think I've killed a lot of people. It gets...uh pretty intense. The screams, the pleading, the begging, the laughter. My laughter.

I suppose I visit here a lot so I guess you all should know. I killed some homeless people, maybe 5 or 10 and a girl I met in the park. I left her in a dumpster behind a donut shop. I killed my old girlfriend with a nail gun and uh some old faggot with a dog last week! I killed another girl with a chainsaw. I had too, (sob) she almost got away! And another one, a stripper I think. She's dead too!

Oh I killed Anubis with an AXE to the face and his body is dissolving in a bath of acid I as type this.

I don't want to leave anything out, I guess I've killed about 20 to 40 people, I recorded most of it. Some of the girls saw the recordings. And I (sniff) ate some of their brains...and I tried to cook a little.

And tonight I just had to kill a bunch of motherfuckers! (giggle) And sad thing is I don't think I'm going to get away with it this time.

I dunno, I guess I'm a pretty (giggle) I mean, I guess this makes me a pretty sick guy!

SO! If any of you log on here tomorrow I might be around...so keep your eyes open.

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago
I always knew Love SICK was a true story.

I've been busy trying to get the details of my trip to Europe this summer in order, doing 5-7 hours of homework a night since I have an overloaded academic schedule (so stoked to be done this motherfucker of a year), following my team (The Vancouver Canucks) in the playoffs and sometimes shirking responsibility to do so (what a rebel, right?) and just generally going insane.

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago
Oh and my friend and I have been making bolas and using them on unsuspecting victims.

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago
^Awesome^ Also, no bugs in Reach (Except a few first couple hours). It gets annoying at times, but great overall.

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago
It's 1 AM. I've been doing chemistry since 7. I still have Physics and Math. My Chemistry isn't done. I want to kill something.

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago

I gave an explanation of the theory of special relativity a few days ago, along with an example scenario :D

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago

well i had a break from annoying people, but i have come back!     Better than EVER!

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago

(and with new people)

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago
I was in the hospital for a while, and then not really able to use the computer too much, and then trying not to get fired from my job where everything was f-d up because I'd been gone on disability for so long.

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago
...endmaster!

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago
Any particular reason why you called out to me?

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago
'cause. And you said you were killing people, and seth was hospitalized. So maybe he survived your attack. Oh, and I looove saying your name.

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago
Lol, okay.

Unfortunately, I really haven't been doing anything nearly as interesting as a mass killing spree, I've just been working a lot and fixing stuff around the house. Got distracted with a few new games too, so writing's been on the back burner for a few months now, but as always I hope to get back to it at some point.

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago

so you are doing better then seth? and where is corinthians?

nate

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago

I been busy with school. also projects, me being lazy, and thats it.

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago

Yeah, so I'm kinda hoping this place picks up again.  We need someone to get pissed off at someone else, some flame wars, something! haha  Those are seemingly the most memorable moments in CYS, and they attract a lot of forum activity.

And, yes, saying that does make me seem like some kind of government dictator or man behind some curtain. haha

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago

I've been busy with school. For once I'm actually studying instead of doing little to no homework so a lot of my time is spent on that. Also on other music-related things. I'm in my final year of high school and my last exam is on November 11, after that I've finished school. I got banned from playing in bands by my parents and so I am doing a GAP year (you can defer a uni place for a year and take a break from studying) in the army next year, which pays well enough for me to not have to return to living with my parents (as well as afford rent while I go to uni). I'm doing Chemistry, Physics, Legal Studies, English and I just recently dropped down from the harder math to the regular math (and don't regret it, scores have gone from 55% (class average being 56%) up to a 97% average. Not because I'm good at math, I'm not really, it's just the regular year twelve math is like easier than the year ten advanced math so I'm finding it easier).

Anyway, I hope that let's you know how I've been going. I still visit CYS occasionally, I just usually don't have anything to say.

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago

Hmm. Just realised that with a few exceptions (fleshy, the founders) we're all similar ages. And right now most of us are doing year 12.

I'm not under that much pressure yet because in AU the school year starts in February and ends in December.

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago
Seth, madglee, endmaster, tsmpaul, etc, etc. haha

But yes, lots of us are in gr. 12.

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago

I've been busy contemplating how I became 36 over the past 7 years. Plotting to move to LA in a few months and get an agent.

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago
really?

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago

Yep. I've always wanted to act and write and I'm only getting older. This way I can see patients and run about to casting calls rather than, say, bartend.

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago
Dude that's so sweet. Talk about pursuing a dream.

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago

Yeah, that's some initiative!  Badass

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago

Hope it works. Hard as fuck to find a job in LA evidently. Been calling up all the hospitals and they say "We have enough psychiatrists." You'd think there'd be plenty of mentally ill people.

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago

You know what's funny? The other day someone wanted to read this story on here and asked what it was about. I said it's about a psychiatric nurse practitioner who killed police officers in his past and now is being extorted by the guy he did it with. They looked at me very strangely. It was silent for like 7 seconds, and then they walked away. I assume they wondered.

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago
They didn't say a word?

If I was curious, I'd be like: "What, is that a true story?" In a sarcastic voice.

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago

Maybe my delivery lacked. They literally looked at me, then walked away. I didn't know them that well. You probably have better social eqituette. I would've asked the same thing, maybe with a gut punch involved.

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago
Is it weird that they didn't know you and yet were still particularly interested with reading your shit?

I have a theory. Are they also a psychiatric nurse? If so, maybe your story applies to their life and they thought you were on to them? :P

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago

I am pursuing a dream of becoming a computer game designer. Taking a course in programming, focused on rendering graphics (which is distinct from actually making the graphics and much harder).

They all said I was mad. But I'll show them!

I'll show them all!

Muhahahaha. Fools do not know that it was I who replaced Shigeru Miyamoto and Satoshi Tajiri with incompetent clones!

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago

Oh, the humanity!

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago

Hahahaha, you think the REAL S. Miyamoto would have made Wii Sports?

OK, I didnt replace him with a clone. I bribed Will Wright to take his place.

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago
I don't know why it is but the moment someone uses Japanese words or names in a paragraph (outside of discussions about history or war), I immediately get this weird impression of: "Discard everything the person is saying, they're talking about something stupid." AND I DON'T KNOW WHY. Obviously you're talking about people running Nintendo so it's nothing stupid (cough* anime, hahhaha jokes) but I still get that weird first impression.

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago

I get a very similar impression, haha.  I hate it when people use single words in Japanese, or if they say something in a stupid high-pitched voice, or like they're 6 year old Japanese girls when they're 20 year old men.  And I hate to even remotely give off that kind of annoyance, even though I actually took some Japanese classes and can use it correctly, so I never do, unless I feel that it's somewhat warranted.  haha

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago
Yeah, exactly. I don't dislike the language or the country but I think my subconscious as formed a firm link between those who speak Japanese and those who avidly worship stupid shows like Naruto and Pokemon, dress and speak stupidly, have the IQ of a tortoise in a Volcano and follow the ringleader like a pack of sheep following a shepherd. Dunna.

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago

Pokemon and Naruto just give the rest of anime a bad name.

That and Hamtaro. And Sky Crawlers.

OK, like everything else, we can just say anime is 90% crap.

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago
Yeah, nearly 90% of everything is crap. Good rule of thumb.

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago

Haha, JJJ, that is true.  Although, the remaining 10% can be pretty sweet... Trigun, Berserk, Paranoia Agent, Perfect Blue, awww  Too bad each of those are like 10 years old, haha.

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago
That's what Rommel keeps telling me too.

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago
wow the last time i logged in was way before my bday (cause i have the birthday PM from cysid unread).

ive been grueling through first year engineering and have had very little to none leisure time up until april 29. in fact, i had an exam on the last day possible and in the latest time slot...boo...

living on residence was nice tho, (i go to university of toronto) and being in the heart of downtown was really awesome!

anyways, now that first year is over, much attention is now paid to girlfriend and making money so once again not much leisure time (aka cys time).

I noticed somewhere in this post mentioning alot of people are in gr12, which means you guys are looking at uni's now, where are you all going, or thinking of going?

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago
http://www.chooseyourstory.com/forums/message.aspx?MessageId=5821

:D

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago

I like it! haha

I'm going to the University of California, Santa Barbara -- possibly double majoring in English and Philosophy.  Right now, money's the only real concern for me, but hopefully I can get some good financial aid and stuff. :)  If not, I'm screwed. haha

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago
I'm looking at about 4 grand in scholarships. Tuition in Canada is WAY cheaper than down there, so my total expenses will be about 17 grand including dormitory expenses. So I'll be about 13 grand in debt to the gov't after this year since I'm not going to ask my family for money at least for first year.

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago
So I've done a planning module for my courses, will look something like this:

FIRST TERM
Biology 112 - Unicellular Life - (3 hr per week)
Biology 140 - Lab Only!! - (3 hr per week)
Chemistry 121 - Structural Chemistry, Application to Elemental Chemistry - (6 hr)
Math 180 - Differential Calculus - (4.5 hr per week)
Physics 100 - Introductory Physics - (6 hr per week)

Total Hours Per Week: 22.5
So with homework, that should mean I should only need to spend about 45 hours a week! It's actually less than this year.

SECOND TERM
Biology 121 - Genetics, Evolution and Ecology - (3 hr per week)
Chemistry 123 - Physical and Organic Chemistry - (6 hr per week)
English 112 - University Writing - (3 hr per week)
Math 103 - Integral Calculus - (4 hr per week)
Physics 101 - Energy/Waves - (6 hr per week)

My physics and english are weak but I'm looking to keep 4 doors open:
Chemistry Major Year 2
Biochemistry Major Year 2 or 3.
Biology Major Year 2

And the big one:
Medschool requirements.

This timetable covers all of it!

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago
Physics and English classes that is. I'm pretty much the shit at both of them ;)

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago
(22 hr's per week second term)

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago

Oh, NICE! You're doing biochemistry? Kickass.

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago
I'll be doing one of those three majors before medschool, haven't made up my mind yet. Biochem is the most interesting and most difficult so naturally it's currently my first choice.

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago
Thats very interesting. If your worried about money, you should check out UofA, their scholarships are really generous and the tuition is really low there!

Also, in terms of your homework time and stuff, your mostly gonna just be reading there isnt much "homework" to do. If your a fast reader and equally fast absorber than you will be fine.

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago
My buddy is going to the U of A. I do NOT want to do a winter term in Edmonton thank you very much :)

UBC is prettier and better ranked in Sciences, and I'm in love with the campus. What's UofT like?

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago
UBC is very nice. My friend wanted to go there but its so far from home. UofT is huge and the campus is really awesome cause its embedded in downtown toronto.

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago
Campus is important, particularly if you're going to be living there. So excited, so so so excited. My summer is crazy

July 2nd - Europe
August 5th - Home
August 8th - Attending a wedding away from home.
August 15th - Back home
Early September - Move out from home to campus.

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago

I... really don't know why I disappeared for some time. Finished my first year of university at a rather stupid little private school in Ohio, now transferring to a public univeristy back in Michigan--which is nice, aside from how much work I have to do to fulfill my gen ed requirements. I'll have an overload of courses every semester I'm there if I want to graduate on time and have both a major and a minor (history and Russian area studies).

Otherwise... yeah. I have some vacations this year, but... I'm honestly not sure what I've been doing since school ended for the summer. Trying to write and failing, and reading. Yeah.

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago
Nice to hear from you again T. Good luck on the overloaded semesters, but just think: "It's only one year!"

And then you'll be good to go. I'd like to see a storygame from you sometime soon too!

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago

I've been hunting wolverines in Alaska with my uncle.

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago

I was the wolverine...don't judge.

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago

That would mean your father and I were hunting you. Huh.

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago

..Ignoring that. I'm blake and I like to ruin perfectly good jokes.

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago

i'M rILEY AND i CAPITALIZE EVERYTHING BUT THE PROPER NOUNS.

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago
I is a pronoun.

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago

Why thank you for correcting me.

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago
Well... It's been a month or two since I last logged on. Namely when the last mafia game got stopped, I would log on every day or every other, and eventually I just stopped coming.

Not too much is new I guess. Summer's here, school let out, and I've suddenly found myself bored. Very, very bored somedays.

Well, a few days ago, I got some inspiration to start writing again. And now that I'm back, soon I will begin working on CS3. And this time, it's going to be feature worthy (Though with only an exception or two, that's not saying much about the fan fiction section. Truthfully, I don't know how a couple of those are still up there.).

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago

ive said this from the beginning, but now, i really have a point. dont write with the intent of getting featured, write with the intent of writing a good story. thats even more true now since pretty much no one who can feature stories comes on here anymore.

nate

What's everyone up to?

13 years ago
That is true, but writing with a hope to get featured usually translates to writing a good storygame. Because there is no way you can get featured if the story is mediocre.